I just called tech support regarding my 2 BBID... I never.. NEVER had a such poor experience with tech support!

I'm asking a simple thing and its "not possible" as they said..

Why... at work, we pay more then 10000$/year to RIM for Support Agreement ,and we have excellent support... but when we dont pay, like end-user, we dont have nothing..

We started to moved from BB to Iphone at work (many, many devices).. and I think its a good thing!!
    01-02-12 04:45 PM
    honestly the same thing happened to me, though i don't have a support agreement,
    i also had a question about blackberry IDs and i was told i was made an "exception" since i was past the 3 months since my playbook purchase. it also took a veeeeery long time to fix my issue but it was resolved.

i find it sad that with a struggling tablet and potential new platform it is very difficult to get good help.

support should first off be free if you buy a (in this case expensive ) product and not subject to a fee or short time limitation (3 months for a 500$ product (yes, paid original price)).

a company should strive for great customer support so that their products just work.

otherwise people leave... and that seems to be a big problem with RIM
    01-02-12 05:02 PM
    That's why we need a blackberry store!
    01-02-12 08:10 PM
    So true, badly needed at least in countries where blackberry is already popular.
    Like Canada, would be quite populare if one in each major city or something.
    01-02-12 08:15 PM
    Are you talking about rogers (ur carrier) tech support? Because then is has nothing to do with RIM
    01-02-12 08:36 PM
    Blackberry problems, like blackberry I D, device malfunctions, all kinds of blackberry DEVICE issues as well
    01-02-12 08:39 PM
    I remember buying these crappy Bluetooth headphones and now theyre useless because the ear hook broke and they can't do anything about a little piece of plastic, what a joke
    01-02-12 08:44 PM
    I had great customer support from RIM in the past, however they weren't able to solve the Playbook issues before the return cut off date, so I returned it. They helped out a number of times and I feel they used to be great.

I went to iphone though recently, so won't have to deal with them anytime in the near future. Apple has been wonderful with support, like my experience with RIM. The difference is, I believe, the poor RIM employees were fighting an uphill battle with a poor product (Playbook). Apple employees are not fighting the Playbook "half baked" production efforts done by RIM management. Poor RIM support.
    01-02-12 10:47 PM
    It was issues related to my BBID and their customernoservice that ultimately made me leave. No actual solution, uninformed staff, a seemingly infinite loop of emails with the same information and notifications that my issue was resolved when it hadn't even been addressed. Horrible experience.

I hope they are able to fix this and implement a decent, direct to the consumer, system in the future.
    01-03-12 06:48 AM
    As with just about every tech support department at every company, The Google and forums can be much better because the posts are from people that care.

Joe
    01-03-12 06:48 AM
    I've come to learn just how bad their customer service is. I'm having issues with BBM Music. Their twitter person told me to try a battery pull. And their facebook person told me to contact my service provider and get put through to RIM, they told me they didn't have a number for RIM. I'm having an issue with lag as I type this(the words on the screen don't keep up with my typing and sometimes letters I hit don't get written on the screen). I'd like to ask them for help but I know it will be almost useless.
    01-03-12 07:13 AM
    As with just about every tech support department at every company, The Google and forums can be much better because the posts are from people that care.

Joe
    I have to disagree, not to flame on here, but apples genius bar/tech support is pretty much stellar in all aspects, and I've owned enough of both devices to be able to say this
    01-03-12 08:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD