I'm just sitting here toying around with my wife's iPhone 6. I honestly don't get the fuss. BlackBerry 10 has the iPhone OS beat. Hands down. It's smoother an more intuitive. My Z10 keyboard is miles ahead. My calendar is gorgeous compared to the iPhone. My browser is faster and renders better pages. My BlackBerry is more fluid... I could go on and on.

For the things I use most - text, email, calendar, web, to name a few.. my BlackBerry is better.

Please don't give up hardware BlackBerry. I'm more than fine with it being a niche product. Heck, Porsche is niche.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 12:37 PM
    I'm just sitting here toying around with my wife's iPhone 6. I honestly don't get the fuss. BlackBerry 10 has the iPhone OS beat. Hands down. It's smoother an more intuitive. My Z10 keyboard is miles ahead. My calendar is gorgeous compared to the iPhone. My browser is faster and renders better pages. My BlackBerry is more fluid... I could go on and on.

For the things I use most - text, email, calendar, web, to name a few.. my BlackBerry is better.

Ditto,

Please don't give up hardware BlackBerry. I'm more than fine with it being a niche product. Heck, Porsche is niche.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 12:44 PM
    +1.

Goes double for me since nobody else is really making decent QWERTY phones anymore. If BlackBerry stops making them I will need to stock up on Q10s and hope they last.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 01:16 PM
    no, they will not stop..even if they do not sell a whole lot..they will always make them. Probably not a series of it.
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    12-31-14 01:20 PM
    BB10 is sweet, I am not so sure about it being smoother than iPhone or Windows, but it is certainly smooth. I really hope it survives, but with the world putting so much emphasis on apps, I doubt our favorite OS will survive. Long live BlackBerry, it is perfect for my needs.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 01:21 PM
    It's like you never ever watched an interview with John Chen lol. Handsets aren't going anywhere.
    12-31-14 01:24 PM
    It's like you never ever watched an interview with John Chen lol. Handsets aren't going anywhere.
    Handsets could EASILY be discontinued. A buyout, takeover, profitability.. all could easily cause death of BlackBerry hardware.

Posted via CB10
    MikeX74 likes this.
    12-31-14 02:03 PM
    If they do abandon them, I'll be the first in line for a discounted BB Passport.
    12-31-14 02:11 PM
    Handsets could EASILY be discontinued. A buyout, takeover, profitability.. all could easily cause death of BlackBerry hardware.

Posted via CB10
    what ever you want to think...
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    12-31-14 02:12 PM
    Handset business is going to stay. Year 2014 has been the year when BlackBerry has come out of the shadow of lagacy devices. 2015 will be year of complete turnaround of BlackBerry. BlackBerry 10 platform already has excellent devices Z3, Z10, Z30 followed by Passport and the beautiful Classic.
    BlackBerry is the only smartphone company in the world catering to needs of both physical keyboard lovers and touch screen lovers with world class devices.
    2015 will be the milestone year for BlackBerry.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    tanzarian likes this.
    12-31-14 02:21 PM
    They got media and bloggers in their favor. Over hyped glorious iPhone I don't get it too!

If BlackBerry got more native big name apps then it will definitely go on with hardware business

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 02:23 PM
    There is a big announcement coming, John Chen said so. He also said handsets are on their roadmap, I agree.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 02:34 PM
    Do not think Apple phones are over hyped at all.. if you look at what they do and who uses them... they are a perfect fit.. just a BB converts have the same experience... As there are millions of legacy phones up for upgrade.. and now they have something decent to upgrade to.. will be a number of years before this becomes an issue.. whether anything will show up in the North American consumer market is a different issue.... so it your a fan of hardware keyboards... no worries...
    tanzarian likes this.
    12-31-14 03:03 PM
    This year you are going to see BlackBerry devices like you have never seen before.

Posted via CB10
    Senor Wright likes this.
    12-31-14 04:03 PM
    Handset business is going to stay. Year 2014 has been the year when BlackBerry has come out of the shadow of lagacy devices.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    Haha! Lagacy devices? Freudian slip?

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 04:08 PM
    I think the comparisons to Porsche or any high end brand are misguided though. Carmakers like Rolls Royce, McLaren can do limited production runs on cars because they make so much per unit. If BlackBerry were a luxury brand and could charge $5000 per phone then they could get away with selling only a few hundred thousand devices...but they can't and need to regain market share.
    LuvULongTime likes this.
    12-31-14 04:22 PM
    They got media and bloggers in their favor. Over hyped glorious iPhone I don't get it too!

If BlackBerry got more native big name apps then it will definitely go on with hardware business

Posted via CB10
    I hear a lot about big name apps. Can you please name them. I'm always uncertain about this app gap as I really don't know what apps are included in this gap. I'd appreciate knowing what the folks who refer to these apps provide the names. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    12-31-14 04:34 PM
    One of the problems is that breaking even on the handset business doesn't justify holding on to the patents needed to defend itself in the smartphone arena. If those patents are worth, say, a billion dollars then you at least need to make 50-80 million per year on handsets to justify holding onto them.
    12-31-14 04:54 PM
    I think someone else up above had a valid point, maybe watch some of the John Chen interviews. BlackBerry will be around for a long time with there devices.

Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    12-31-14 04:57 PM
    If they do abandon them, I'll be the first in line for a discounted BB Passport.
    So you're saying you're only going to buy a passport when they discontinue it and stop supporting it? Buy it now!

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 05:56 PM
    So you're saying you're only going to buy a passport when they discontinue it and stop supporting it? Buy it now!

Posted via CB10
    Basically. No way I'll spend 599 on a BlackBerry! I can get an iPhone 6 or high end Android in like new condition for less than that. I am hoping BlackBerry survives but I'm not willing to take that big of a risk. 300 is the most I'll spend on a Passport.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 10:52 AM
    Basically. No way I'll spend 599 on a BlackBerry! I can get an iPhone 6 or high end Android in like new condition for less than that. I am hoping BlackBerry survives but I'm not willing to take that big of a risk. 300 is the most I'll spend on a Passport.

Posted via CB10
    That's unfortunate. I'm not willing to spend 600 on a passport but neither an I willing to spend on an iPhone. I value things based on their worth

I am zee that is the 10
    01-01-15 10:58 AM

Posted via CB10
    Also you'll be waiting for a while bud

I am zee that is the 10
    tanzarian likes this.
    01-01-15 10:58 AM
    That's unfortunate. I'm not willing to spend 600 on a passport but neither an I willing to spend on an iPhone. I value things based on their worth

I am zee that is the 10
    Yep! No rush for me. I switch phones often. I'm waiting on the HTC M9 in a couple of months.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 11:11 AM
    Yep! No rush for me. I switch phones often. I'm waiting on the HTC M9 in a couple of months.

Posted via CB10
    I'm saying by the time it drops to $300 it wouldn't be worth getting. Not sure what the risk is then if you switch phones often.

I am zee that is the 10
    tanzarian and Tabdus like this.
    01-01-15 11:17 AM
44 12