i currently own a bb 9810,and im very pleased with it,i am wondering if i should purchase more bb's for my employees,or iphone 4s my concern is security security,i will have very important information in emails etc.
    10-12-11 01:22 PM
    I have been a BB user for about 4 yrs or so and just bought the iPhone4 about 3 months ago. I do have a few issues with it but I had a few issues with the BB as well. The iPhone works. once i got used to it (about a week) I really have to say that it is a pretty dam good phone. I get emails almost as fast as the BB did and the keyboard works. I can type faster on the iPhone than i ever could on a BB. try one and see how you like it. I would consider a BB again if the company would just get their act together.
    10-12-11 11:48 PM
    If security is a concern, go with blackberry, more units are good. That way, there isn't a chance a device can be remotely bricked by apple as in the case of my brothers when he called me yesterday, the call failed, tried to call him back, no answer, went straight to voicemail. He had to, yet again, get another "replacement" unit, he has to restore a backup he made earlier today on my VM running winXP. Just my thoughts I like to share.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-11 06:01 AM
    Honestly IF you are not installing a BES (BlackBerry Enterprise server) it doesn't matter either way which device your employee's use

With a BES you would have complete control over their devices

10-13-11 06:04 AM
    i currently own a bb 9810,and im very pleased with it,i am wondering if i should purchase more bb's for my employees,or iphone 4s my concern is security security,i will have very important information in emails etc.
    I have just taken delivery of my first BlackBerry the 9810 and am so pleased it curls my toes. I choose this phone and blackberry after doing a great deal of research into security issues(data protection) as I work in health in the UK, in my view BlackBerry is the most secure there is and is backed up by the correct certificates which no other is (government standards) as yet. The recent outage problems will only in my view serve to beef up the system so that it doesn't happen again.
    10-13-11 06:12 AM
    Honestly IF you are not installing a BES (BlackBerry Enterprise server) it doesn't matter either way which device your employee's use

With a BES you would have complete control over their devices

I'm just curious for my own knowledge, but what's the difference between BES and BIS security? Aside from your employer controls your phone on BES, is there a difference in actual security of the device?
    10-13-11 06:17 AM
    Also if someone could explain the difference between BlackBerry security and other devices that'd be wonderful.

The way I see it, I'm not a celebrity or a person who uses their phone for work. I don't keep that much personal info on my phone and certainly won't be a victim of being hacked because I'm not anyone important. For me, security isn't a big thing, as long as I can password protect my phone, that's good enough for me. But I'd like to know the difference between the security of a BlackBerry vs. Apple vs. Android (not a debate, but a logical and factual outline of the security differences).
    10-13-11 06:21 AM
    I'm just curious for my own knowledge, but what's the difference between BES and BIS security? Aside from your employer controls your phone on BES, is there a difference in actual security of the device?
    Well BIS data is Encrypted, but that encryption is a more "open" encryption as anyone intercepting the data only needs a blackberry.
    BES the Encryption of intercompany data is of the utmost security, in addition to the controls, tracking, and logging

When a device is lost, if proper device security and ondevice encryption is practiced then both devices are equally secure, and currently a password protected Encrypted BlackBerry is the most secure of devices, though a BlackBerry device password cracker is available now,

10-13-11 06:26 AM
    Also if someone could explain the difference between BlackBerry security and other devices that'd be wonderful.

The way I see it, I'm not a celebrity or a person who uses their phone for work. I don't keep that much personal info on my phone and certainly won't be a victim of being hacked because I'm not anyone important. For me, security isn't a big thing, as long as I can password protect my phone, that's good enough for me. But I'd like to know the difference between the security of a BlackBerry vs. Apple vs. Android (not a debate, but a logical and factual outline of the security differences).
    Do NOT link your Credit card to your iTunes account Heather,
    As for password protection, currently the BlackBerry is the most secure, due to not being able to bypass the password screen, as has been found on other devices, as well as currently no remote "rooting/jailbreaking" exists

If your carrier supports carrier billing for any external service you are at risk, identity theft is not done to the rich, it is done to the working class, and mobile phones will be the next frontier used for indentity theft,

10-13-11 06:30 AM

I'd like to know an answer to this aswell, as the BB security always gets mentioned as a super plus... but judging by the recent outage, there was a point where RIM wasn't 100% sure whether they were hacked or not! proving to me that RIM security can be compromised right?!?
    Last edited by The Gift; 10-13-11 at 06:37 AM.
    10-13-11 06:34 AM
    I'd like to know an answer to this aswell, as the BB security always gets mentioned as a super plus... but judging by the recent outage, there was a point where RIM wasn't 100% sure whether they were hacked or not! proving to me that RIM security can be compromised right?!?
    "Hacked" was a rumor
    And "Hacked" could be from someone overloading none critical system with a cascade effect, or a DDoS attack on a specific location. Neither of those attacks would result in lost data, just disrupted service

10-13-11 06:47 AM
    Do NOT link your Credit card to your iTunes account Heather,
    As for password protection, currently the BlackBerry is the most secure, due to not being able to bypass the password screen, as has been found on other devices, as well as currently no remote "rooting/jailbreaking" exists

If your carrier supports carrier billing for any external service you are at risk, identity theft is not done to the rich, it is done to the working class, and mobile phones will be the next frontier used for indentity theft,

Thanks for your answer. I have no doubt that BlackBerry is extremely secure.

I'm curious how someone bypasses the password screen on an iPhone. It's been a year since I last used an iPhone and I never even thought about password protecting my phone back then.

Also, if I don't link my credit card to iTunes, then how do I pay for music and movies? Just curious. It's been a little over a year since I used iTunes so I'm a little fuzzy on the payment options available.
    10-13-11 07:21 AM

I'm curious how someone bypasses the password screen on an iPhone. It's been a year since I last used an iPhone and I never even thought about password protecting my phone back then.

Also, if I don't link my credit card to iTunes, then how do I pay for music and movies? Just curious. It's been a little over a year since I used iTunes so I'm a little fuzzy on the payment options available.
    It is SO easy to bypass the password screen on iDevices. We have done it at work just to prove how insecure these are and why they shouldnt be used (in a health setting). All someone needs is physical access to the phone and a PC/laptop and so long as they already have the correct tools they can have full access to the iDevice within 2 minutes. Easy.
    moiselles likes this.
    10-13-11 07:27 AM

Google. Compromised iTunes accounts

And get yourself a prepaid credit card or use prepaid iTunes gift cards

moiselles likes this.
    10-13-11 07:30 AM
    It is SO easy to bypass the password screen on iDevices. We have done it at work just to prove how insecure these are and why they shouldnt be used (in a health setting). All someone needs is physical access to the phone and a PC/laptop and so long as they already have the correct tools they can have full access to the iDevice within 2 minutes. Easy.
    Good to know. I'll just make sure I don't lose my phone.

Google. Compromised iTunes accounts

And get yourself a prepaid credit card or use prepaid iTunes gift cards
    Interesting, thanks for the info and tip.
    10-13-11 07:32 AM
    Yes and no. It's never a good idea to believe that any system, including RIM, cannot be hacked. And it would be downright stupid for RIM to announce that they don't know the cause of the outage but are 100% certain that they couldn't have been hacked. No system is forever impervious to attack, and RIM knows this as well as anyone. Their reputation for security simply means that they devote a lot of resources to making the platform as secure as it can be.
    The Gift likes this.
    10-13-11 07:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD