My Torch/wifi connects to my home network without any problem. But after opening browser and clicking to go to a website, the page begins to load, but then the browser slows to a crawl and then stops. My wifi is working on all other devices in my home. Anyone have ideas?
    Last edited by CSO; 09-12-10 at 12:20 AM.
    09-12-10 12:16 AM
    Are you sure that there's not a conflict in the phone where it doesn't know which connection to use when on wi-fi? With wi-fi on, go to the "service status" page and make sure that your 9800 is using wi-fi for the connection to Blackberry Internet Service. If it says anything else there then the wi-fi isn't actually connecting. Under the wi-fi network area under the active profile it should show your wi-fi network name and type. Have you tried another wi-fi connection such as a hotspot at Starbucks or somewhere else to see if the same problem happens?

Also try turning off mobile network. That will verify that you're on wi-fi only. Just in case I would also go to the browser and clear cache, cookies, and the rest of the stuff. Then do a battery pull and try to connect via wi-fi only.
    Last edited by cwmont; 09-12-10 at 12:39 AM.
    09-12-10 12:36 AM
    Mine is the same way. However, at work it is not so slow, actually works better, though it could be faster. I believe RIM needs to address this in a future update.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-10 01:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD