Hello,
    I've noticed as of last week, my Home screen / wallpaper is very dim. I have done the following:

Set options for backlighting
    1. On the Home screen or in a folder, click the Options icon.
    2. Click Display > Screen Display.
    3. Do any of the following:
    � To change the brightness of the backlight for the screen, change the Backlight Brightness field.
    � To change the length of time that the backlight stays on when you are not touching your BlackBerry� device, change the Backlight
    Timeout field.
    � To stop the backlight from adjusting to lighting conditions, clear the Automatically Dim Backlight check box.
    4. Press the key > Save.

I have set the "Backlight Brightness" = 200 & "Backlight Timeout" = 2 Min.

I have "Leave it On" installed, but can't see why this would affect the Dim feature. Any help would be appreciated.
    02-01-11 10:47 AM
    Could it be the wallpaper is just too dark. How do the setting appear on your apps page or options? Personally nearly every wallpaper I have has been enhanced or toned down depending the desired effect with a pc's photo editing program. Then saved back to the bb's media card.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-11 11:24 AM
    BTW, sorry I didn't mention this, but this is a BB Torch 9800. I don't think it has anything to do with the wallpaper. All the icons are dim, so much so that it's hard to see in normal light conditions. The header with "All / Favorites / Media / Downloads etc. is very dim too.
    02-01-11 11:45 AM
    BTW, sorry I didn't mention this, but this is a BB Torch 9800. I don't think it has anything to do with the wallpaper. All the icons are dim, so much so that it's hard to see in normal light conditions. The header with "All / Favorites / Media / Downloads etc. is very dim too.
    Are you using a stock theme or a custom 3rd party one? Your auto sensor may be dead. I can read mine perfectly in complete darkness or in the brightest sunlight. I would take it back to your carriers store and show them.

Last edited by albee 1; 02-01-11 at 01:03 PM.
    02-01-11 01:01 PM
    I got it working so the icons and headers are not dim anymore.
    -In Options -> Display -> Screen Display -> Theme -> Reset Theme Default

This removed my personalized wallpaper, so I went back to my Pictures and set my picture as the wallpaper again. Now the wallpaper and icons display brightly and everything looks good. I have no idea what made everything dim in the first place, but it's fixed now.

Thanks!
    02-01-11 02:50 PM
    That's weird rat, glad you got it remedied! Always good to hear someone beat the box.

02-01-11 03:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD