What device could BlackBerry make that would be a home run. They already offer more different phones than anyone else.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 12:31 PM
    If they offered the most powerful device the world has ever seen and sold it for $1, it wouldn't make a difference.

BlackBerry will be a niche device for a while yet.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    kfh227, wasabiGT, ArcPlug and 4 others like this.
    05-16-15 12:35 PM
    The one that runs all the Android and iOS apps as if they were native. It is and always will be about apps for the average consumer.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 12:37 PM
    An LED that rejuvenates you in 1minute and keeps you able to work mobile for another 24hrs to match the battery life of your passport lol.

Posted by BlackBerry accept no compromise!
    05-16-15 12:40 PM
    I don't think hardware unless it's something out left field like 3 day battery life or some yota phone like two screened device where one side runs android and the other side runs bb10 is going to make a difference, but if they added features like native encrypted voice calls cross platform video calling it could get some attention.

Posted via CB10
    tmanthib likes this.
    05-16-15 12:47 PM
    How about a built in electric razor, for when enterprise guys are late for work, or integrated taser, in case they are mugged on the subway? Or, better still, how about advertising, to consumers as well as enterprise, the great phones they already have. Time to stop sitting on 3 billion cash !

TCB on Z10
    tmanthib likes this.
    05-16-15 01:07 PM
    I don't think hardware unless it's something out left field like 3 day battery life or some yota phone like two screened device where one side runs android and the other side runs bb10 is going to make a difference, but if they added features like native encrypted voice calls cross platform video calling it could get some attention.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe one screen that would offer both Android and BlackBerry OS, don't know if that is possible, but interesting.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 01:08 PM
    The all touch successor to the Z30. And BlackBerry lives forever.

  
    05-16-15 04:02 PM
    A two mm thick, 9001 mAh removable battery, 32-core Opteron phone with an integrated 8-track player, waffle iron and trackball.

Since that's about as realistic as the notion that BlackBerry can claw its way back to the top again.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 04:10 PM
    I would like to see a joint venture between Samsung and Blackberry develop a touchscreen device with Android as its core OS with a Blackberry OS10 enhanced skin with embedded security features powered by a Octa-Core processor. Now you would have a device with a "wow" factor.
    skibnik likes this.
    05-16-15 05:05 PM
    All touch passport.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 05:10 PM
    I would like to see a joint venture between Samsung and Blackberry develop a touchscreen device with Android as its core OS with a Blackberry OS10 enhanced skin with embedded security features powered by a Octa-Core processor. Now you would have a device with a "wow" factor.
    Samsung will have to make it, if you want to "Google whatever" on there. BlackBerry won't be able to make an OHA compliant device without dumping BB10. That's been said many times, sorry if I bore you.

The interesting point you mention, if the companies create a startup / joint venture, whether this smaller company can become an OHA member... maybe if it's 51% Samsung owned...
    :-D

Fact is:
    People want apps.
    Android has many...

So:
    Are you going to make an Android device and bolt on the BB10 user interface (UI),
    or
    Are you going to make Android apps running perfectly on your own platform (BB10), trying to integrate everything people want integrated?

First case entails the problem of securing Android properly, eliminating the rooting problem if possible (hard to impossible?), second case needs a lot of work and probably OHA co-operation or compromise (hard to impossible?)... :-)

�   Passposted while waiting for the Z-lider....   �
    Last edited by Prem WatsApp; 05-16-15 at 05:34 PM.
    05-16-15 05:21 PM
    A two mm thick, 9001 mAh removable battery, 32-core Opteron phone with an integrated 8-track player, waffle iron and trackball.

Since that's about as realistic as the notion that BlackBerry can claw its way back to the top again.

Posted via CB10
    That would cut your hands
    when you're holding it.
    Hey, but "No thanks!"
    Maybe we could be folding it,

...while in the pocket (LG!). :-)

IndianTiwari likes this.
    05-16-15 05:35 PM
    Run Android apps, any of them including from Google store in a virtual machine seamlessly and have a 3 day battery life.
    05-16-15 05:42 PM
    Samsung will have to make it, if you want to "Google whatever" on there. BlackBerry won't be able to make an OHA compliant device without dumping BB10. That's been said many times, sorry if I bore you.

The interesting point you mention, if the companies create a startup / joint venture, whether this smaller company can become an OHA member... maybe if it's 51% Samsung owned...
    :-D

Fact is:
    People want apps.
    Android has many...

So:
    Are you going to make an Android device and bolt on the BB10 user interface (UI),
    or
    Are you going to make Android apps running perfectly on your own platform (BB10), trying to integrate everything people want integrated?

First case entails the problem of securing Android properly, eliminating the rooting problem if possible (hard to impossible?), second case needs a lot of work and probably OHA co-operation or compromise (hard to impossible?)... :-)

Good points, I would just like to see it happen, I think it would be a win win for both parties.
    Prem WatsApp likes this.
    05-16-15 05:43 PM
    If they offered the most powerful device the world has ever seen and sold it for $1, it wouldn't make a difference.

BlackBerry will be a niche device for a while yet.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    As long as BlackBerry phones are available I will use them. Not concerned with what is popular.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 06:30 PM
    ^^^this

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 11:11 PM
    All touch with the screen PPI of the Passport. Narrow bezels, 5 inch screen, Z30 build quality.

Posted via CB10
    fishlove73 and OTCHRussell like this.
    05-17-15 01:06 AM
    Another age old wrench in the mix.....there are always high graphic, tactile feedback over stimulated phones or folks with an affinity for that stuff...and then there are folks that want workhorses with sufficient graphic interfaces. And still yet...there's people that want both or maybe a compromise.

It's kinda like in the old PC days...do you want XP or do you want classic desktop appearance? Now it's tablet or laptop? When BlackBerry wasn't doing so hot...I transitioned to all touch...got used to it...simple enough. Used droids, used Apples...ultimately I went droid cause I had more flexibility in the OS. Then I came back to BB, used a Z10...then bought a passport and made transition BACK to the PKB...

Me...personally I just roll with things and use what fits my needs... I still have a preference for touch, but this passport does things for me other phones don't at the speed I like. Personally, I think every manufacturer should just make 2 devices...one for young, one for old...the middle aged can pick between the 2 on what works for them...simple choice. But for the love of god...at least have the same Apps work on ALL platforms...instead of tying developer hands with contracts to one platform....and then just let people choose how secure of a device they want . Instead of trying to force them into one ecosystem or another. I would like an all touch Passport...might happen, might not. For some reason I am much faster at doing things...text, tweets, office, docs, attachments ,emails etc on this Passport than I was on other OS. But, the PKB, OS took some getting used to...again. It was not a phone that could be mastered in a day....which is I guess what people want . But, I will say it must be a tall task to have a device meet everyone's needs while being secure...so far they ALL have failed at that and have made money off us every step of the way.

But long story short...all touch. As I have noticed no speed difference in texting, tweeting, emailing between the 2....A 4.7 to 5 inch screen is good for most unless your old or want a big screen for whatever... but I will say this passport is good sized for what I do...which went into my choice on getting it. Been using it 3 months...but sometimes wish is was touch...and I don't know if that is out of habit. I am getting used to it though.

Posted via CB10
    TCB on Z10 likes this.
    05-17-15 02:47 AM
    One with a built in laser for all my presentation

Posted via BBM Premium
    05-17-15 03:01 AM
    If they offered the most powerful device the world has ever seen and sold it for $1, it wouldn't make a difference. BlackBerry will be a niche device for a while yet.
    I agree. Look at how much money Microsoft has poured into Windows Phone, and their market share in the US is now somewhat ahead of BlackBerry. Or maybe no one has noticed.
    05-17-15 05:58 PM
    For me, a real niche market...a way to load BlackBerry 10 OS on an iPhone 6 Plus. Love the 6 Plus hardware but hate the OS.

"Dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    Last edited by azjaws; 05-17-15 at 06:19 PM.
    05-17-15 06:07 PM
    I like your idea of one for old folks and one for children. If Blackberry could build just 1 phone and release a new version of that phone twice a year with a slightly better camera and make customers who can't think for themselves because they need an app to read the weather app. Then Blackberry would be number one again in a modern country.
    mastar97 likes this.
    05-17-15 06:50 PM
    For me, a real niche market...a way to load BlackBerry 10 OS on an iPhone 6 Plus. Love the 6 Plus hardware but hate the OS.

"Dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    It's slightly more tolerable if you jailbreak it. Prior to jailbreak, doing something as simple at trying to get a file on an iPhone is like ...

Home run device for BlackBerry to come out with-pj-bu336_midsea_p_20140416170107.jpg

When it should be as simple as...

Home run device for BlackBerry to come out with-drag-drop.png
    05-17-15 09:07 PM
    The smart flesh light?

Posted via CB10
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    05-17-15 09:22 PM
53 123