Here's a story for you all. I have not had a day off for 9 days so far then I get a day off then have to work 5 more days in a row. My road trip to and from work is about 1hr 30min a day. I just got my BBcurve yesterday and didn't spend much time with it. I didn't what my wife getting upset thinking that I'm addicted to it. Which I don't see happening. I have 2 1/2 year old girl and a 2 month old girl so I don't see myself spending a lot of time on it when I'm home. I love spending time with the kids and my wife. (nobody has ever layed on their death bed and said "I wish I would of worked more in my life")
    So tonight comes and I take just over 2 hours learning more about the device and download some things that people on here recommend. What I'm getting at is my wife got mad at me for doing so. I just don't get it why she would. It's only2 hours and I have worked many hours at work this past week. (jeez).
    So if there are any parent/mom/wife's out that can sheed any light on what she is thinking please feel free to fill me in. Maybe give me some ideas on how to deal with such things. Since Men are from Mars and Woman are from Venus.
    Last edited by eripmu; 09-13-08 at 12:43 AM.
    09-13-08 12:41 AM
    Suggestion: Buy her a blackberry and both of you can enjoy it together!
    09-13-08 12:51 AM
    i have mentioned that to her that many times cuz of Facebook. heehee. she's not to much of a tech gal so when she saw my phone she said "i would get so frustrated with this"
    09-13-08 01:08 AM
    yes i agree get her a bb and plus you can use it in the bathroom (ha ha ha) and when everyone is asleep so there are no complaints and also on your lunch break
    09-13-08 01:28 AM
    Take some real cute pics of the kids; then tell her she can have them as wallpaper on her new curve. Show her some of the neat things the phone can do. LOL - I have the same problem . . . with my HUSBAND!
    09-13-08 01:33 AM
    My boyfriend hates how much I'm addicted to my Curve. I keep trying to tell him that if he'd just get one for himself, he would understand.
    09-13-08 01:35 AM
    You know the real answer here is NOT to buy the other person
    a BB. It is to realize that the other person is more important
    than the phone, any phone. And yes that is what the BB is.

Pay more attention to those you love than you do to your
    phone. Problem solved.
    09-13-08 02:01 AM
    Well said AG!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-08 02:08 AM
    Amazingly graceless

09-13-08 02:09 AM
    I second Amazinglygraceless whole heartedly

09-13-08 02:10 AM
    I totally agree that my wife and children are the most important than a phone. Please ladies sheed some light as to why something so simple has spending a couple hours learning the phone got her upset.
    09-13-08 02:14 AM
    Obviously she knows she's more important than the phone. The phone isn't even alive...it could be she is jealous maybe? Like you got it for yourself, and what is she using? Maybe she felt it wasn't considerate of you to buy yourself a new toy.

09-13-08 02:19 AM
    Your OP asked for the opinion of parent/mom/wife. As a parent here
    is my take:
    1) You mentioned you worked 9 days in a row.
    2) You mentioned you worked many hours this week
    3) You mentioned the length of your commute.

With all of that I can't imagine you having a lot of time with
    your wife. No matter how excited or interested you were in
    getting your phone squared away, is it that difficult to understand that maybe she just wanted your attention.

The phone could have waited. She should not have to.

That's my 2 cents.
    09-13-08 02:20 AM
    well you got a point there. i guess that's what i should of thought of. point taken. well said. thx
    09-13-08 02:25 AM
    You have children and a wife. Then you get home from work only to spend 2 hours playing with a "boy's toy"? Its only a phone, you've had one for years and already know how they work... its probably the first time she's ever seen you reading the manual for a phone

Its not worth getting into a big fight about it. Sounds like another reason you should bring peace offerings (flowers and Chocolate) then make up for it big time over the weekend by doing family things. Its the end of summer and maybe last chance to get out with the kids in good weather so make the best of it (already too late if you're on the gulf coast!).
    09-13-08 03:29 AM
    Man, you don't know what you're doing yet, do you? You don't come home and play with a toy right in front of a woman who has just spent 12 hours with a 2.5 and a 2 month old. I'm about to save your life here, you terrible man you. Next time, you call your wife and tell her you're working late. Stop at your younger, prettier girlfriends house and have sex. Ask your girlfriend, after the sex, of course, if she doesn't mind making herself scarce for a couple hours while you learn how to properly operate your cellphone and throw a crumpled up hundred at her feet so you can watch her cleavage as she bends over to pick it up! Instruct the b***h to make a sandwich on her way out. Now you've got your private time my son. Leave and come home to your trusty ole ironside wife. Walk through the door with pride and call for your maiden of doom. Tell her, honey ( try not to puke here) I just got this brand new phone and I was thinking the whole hour and a half ride home about playing with it when I got home....but when I laid my eyes on you, all I can think of now is how much I love you. Then look at your phone and shake your head as if to say "how could I ever have been so stupid" and take your wifes hand up the stairs for a beautiful evening of love.

(I don't know why I wrote that, I know that lots of men laughed and not as many women did). I laughed as I wrote it. My wife is just waking up, uhoh I gotta go.

09-13-08 04:04 AM
    All the 'other woman' out there know wat u talkin bout.

09-13-08 03:50 PM
    My wife is just waking up, uhoh I gotta go.
    That's great stuff
    09-13-08 04:09 PM
    Were the kids asleep yet? If they weren't then maybe she was feeling overwhelmed and needed your help.

I'd say buy her some flowers and apologise (doesn't matter if you know what you did or not).

My boss did this to her husband the other day when he got home from work and had just been given a new WE for work from his old 7xxx series. He came home, got a beer, and just plunked down with it. She flipped. Wasn't that he did anything wrong but more that he didn't ask if he could help with the kids first. Being the Nanny I had to step in and promise to help him play with his BB once the kids were asleep (seriously wanted to play with it myself lol) if he helped amuse one child while I bathed the other two and shipped her off to watch TV.

Now she wasn't really doing anything to begin with before hubby got home...she was just tired and stressed and his lack of interaction kinda flipped her switch. *I* was the one running after kids, making dinner, helping with homework, etc....however I play on my BB while the kids are in the tub...whoops.

Thinking of getting her and my bf bbs for their birthdays. Maybe then all the adults who are regularly in the house will be addicted and we can pass our addiction onto the kiddos
    09-13-08 07:29 PM
    You know the real answer here is NOT to buy the other person
    a BB. It is to realize that the other person is more important
    than the phone, any phone. And yes that is what the BB is.

Pay more attention to those you love than you do to your
    phone. Problem solved.
    AG - your going against the grain but I gotta say your right...

People things always first and then the phone stuff second...
    (I am the worst for this also)

H.
    09-13-08 07:35 PM
    Man, you don't know what you're doing yet, do you? You don't come home and play with a toy right in front of a woman who has just spent 12 hours with a 2.5 and a 2 month old. I'm about to save your life here, you terrible man you. Next time, you call your wife and tell her you're working late. Stop at your younger, prettier girlfriends house and have sex. Ask your girlfriend, after the sex, of course, if she doesn't mind making herself scarce for a couple hours while you learn how to properly operate your cellphone and throw a crumpled up hundred at her feet so you can watch her cleavage as she bends over to pick it up! Instruct the b***h to make a sandwich on her way out. Now you've got your private time my son. Leave and come home to your trusty ole ironside wife. Walk through the door with pride and call for your maiden of doom. Tell her, honey ( try not to puke here) I just got this brand new phone and I was thinking the whole hour and a half ride home about playing with it when I got home....but when I laid my eyes on you, all I can think of now is how much I love you. Then look at your phone and shake your head as if to say "how could I ever have been so stupid" and take your wifes hand up the stairs for a beautiful evening of love.

(I don't know why I wrote that, I know that lots of men laughed and not as many women did). I laughed as I wrote it. My wife is just waking up, uhoh I gotta go.

Hey, I laughed... and then I laughed harder when I thought of what your wife would say and/or do to you if she reads your comment...
    09-13-08 07:48 PM
    Oh you got that right. She would just laugh and make me take out the garbage.

09-13-08 08:52 PM
    My wife didn't laugh. Now she thinks I'm cheating. Way to go. Now I have bigger problems.
    09-13-08 09:06 PM
    Honestly, your family does come first. However, two hours to learn how a phone works, there is really no harm in that. I know my SO has a pearl, and the only time he touches his phone is when he is waiting for an important message, and I rarely touch mine when I am with him. There is plenty of time, when you are away from your SO to get to know your device better .
    09-13-08 10:03 PM
    ok let me put in my 2 cents. The man just busted his **** for 9 straight days and has 1 off and 5 more he takes 2 hours to enjoy something he bought with his hard earned money and that's a crime I think not. He did not spend all day it was 2 hours apparently someone has attention issues and does not understand you needed some down time. Now I am not taking away from what she has to do a Mom is one of the hardest jobs there is but I am sure if she needed 2 hours to enjoy the fruit of her labor you wouldn't be mad. Its just perception that's all.

09-13-08 10:13 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD