As I was getting out of my friend's car I dropped my BlackBerry and by the time I noticed he had already ran over it. I trembled to pick up the phone to inspect the damage but RIM be praised, there is not a SINGLE EFFING SCRATCH ON IT! Holy cow! BlackBerry you built a **** of a phone!
    P.S There was no case on my Curve either!
    12-21-12 04:12 PM
    No way. Are you sure the tires went over the phone? Was it lying in a patch of grass or something? Haha.
    12-21-12 04:13 PM
    I literally saw it roll over the back. The phone was facedown and there isn't a single mark on it to show it has just been ran over besides dirt from the tires! <3
    *It was in the middle of the road
    MrRtic likes this.
    12-21-12 04:17 PM
    I ran over my curve, face down on a concrete car park, the keyboard was pressed in but popped up in about 30 minutes, and the sides of the back spread out and I clipped them back in. Just one small scratch on the front corner. I wished I had taken a picture of the tire track across the back at the time.
    12-21-12 04:19 PM
    I'd love to see the S3 or the glass iPhone get run over by a car and live to tell the tale! #TeamBlackBerry !
    12-21-12 04:22 PM
    wondering ... what cars are you guy's or your friends driving? Kiddy Cars...
    howarmat likes this.
    12-21-12 04:52 PM
    I'd love to see the S3 or the glass iPhone get run over by a car and live to tell the tale! #TeamBlackBerry !
    I wonder what will happen when the Z10 gets runs over by a car, pretty sure the results would be about the same...
    12-21-12 04:56 PM
    Its a sign from the BB-gods, its saying ots not time to break yet until bb10 is out. Ige dropped my BBs lots over the years and never had any real damage done to them. They are strongly built little devices
    12-21-12 04:56 PM
    Here you go.

12-21-12 05:10 PM
    Here you go.

Hypothesis: Proven.
    12-21-12 05:30 PM
    In my case it was the front wheel of a Golf TDI, and ran over a 9360 Curve.

I was thinking about the pressure and for a passenger car it's around 30 to 35 pounds per square inch force on the phone.
    12-21-12 05:35 PM
    Yes, they are tough buggers....but don't expect the same results from a full touch screen device from ANY maker. Not hating...just pragmatic.
    howarmat likes this.
    12-21-12 05:36 PM
    Yes, they are tough buggers....but don't expect the same results from a full touch screen device from ANY maker. Not hating...just pragmatic.
    I think it's the cheaper materials that make it more resilient, ie plastic back that spreads and can be pressed back to shape, and the plastic rather than glass screen that doesn't shatter.
    jakie55 likes this.
    12-21-12 05:49 PM
    honestly runnign it over with a car is not the best test for durability, a phone is so thin and the tire is fairly soft that it just rolls over, try running it over with cold tires in the winter or run it over with something thats not so flat like on hard dirt with a bobcat, put it through some real test, construction workers put their phones through abuse, i for one know i've dropped my 9900 off a man lift before from 18 feet up right on the corner
    12-21-12 07:33 PM
    My son should be a tester for Blackberry, as he has done in a few phones while roofing.
    12-22-12 01:32 AM
    I submerged my 9700 in salt water for a couple hours. Took it apart and the insides were totally corroded. Never did come back to life. I wonder what the depth rating on the BB10's will be? I'd be happy with 150m.
    12-22-12 01:30 PM
    I submerged my 9700 in salt water for a couple hours. Took it apart and the insides were totally corroded. Never did come back to life. I wonder what the depth rating on the BB10's will be? I'd be happy with 150m.
    Whom do you want to call when you are 150m underwater?
    12-22-12 06:18 PM
    Whom do you want to call when you are 150m underwater?
    9-1-1 maybe?
    12-22-12 06:30 PM
    Has anyone ever seen RIM hardware department putting devices through the ringer on video.

I saw a torch put into some kind of hydraulic vice and almost bent in half! It still was functional afterwards lol.

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    12-22-12 06:33 PM
    Has anyone ever seen RIM hardware department putting devices through the ringer on video.

I saw a torch put into some kind of hydraulic vice and almost bent in half! It still was functional afterwards lol.

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    And that's called durability. Though, perhaps, you find some scratch or crack, but still your phone stands still.

Btw, about 9360, as I use to type this post, I ever smash this 9360 from second floor of my office. Slam it from second floor with all power I have and all will I own to make this little ******* broken.

It landed on concrete floor down below. But still, It still works. Just the back cover and battery got apart from the main body. When I put it all together, the Phone remains the same, all functions works well.

Truly, I admire the built quality of this curve line.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    12-22-12 06:55 PM
    I was running and my bb 9900 fell out of my pocket, the one day I don't have my case on it shatters...
    12-22-12 10:45 PM
    My son should be a tester for Blackberry, as he has done in a few phones while roofing.
    beign an electrician , i lost one phone to a cracked LCD on a 8900 curve, my phone sleeves leather padding broke on one side and it was just faberic and i was working under a garbage compactor wiring up the controlls sitting on the corner of a milk crate and well the phonehappened to be right on the corner and with all my weight the actual LCD bent and cracked, no visible damage but once you turned the screen on it was jus white. i also had an old motorola flip phone which i dropped in a puddle of muddy water, it still worked once it dired my the microphone was pooched so i had to use speakerphone but i eventually bought something new
    12-22-12 11:16 PM
    I don't know, my buddy has a 9860 fell off a second story house 40ft up right on a concrete, battery door, battery exploded off. We were like omfg! Got back to floor level little scruff on the the edge, only thing on it is a screen protector for protection, he puts the battery back in, put door back on, freaking thing still works to this day no problems.

I have another buddy dropped his iphone 2feet, the entire phone shattered, this one had to get repaired.

I've had 9000 slammed my trunk door on it (accident) still work today, 9700 dropped still works today, my 9900 I love throwing it against the wall just because I know it can handle it and it prove a point, it's not just fluke. BlackBerry makes a solid device, let's hope the next generation of BB are just as solid.
    12-22-12 11:32 PM
    I don't know, my buddy has a 9860 fell off a second story house 40ft up right on a concrete, battery door, battery exploded off. We were like omfg! Got back to floor level little scruff on the the edge, only thing on it is a screen protector for protection, he puts the battery back in, put door back on, freaking thing still works to this day no problems.

I have another buddy dropped his iphone 2feet, the entire phone shattered, this one had to get repaired.

I've had 9000 slammed my trunk door on it (accident) still work today, 9700 dropped still works today, my 9900 I love throwing it against the wall just because I know it can handle it and it prove a point, it's not just fluke. BlackBerry makes a solid device, let's hope the next generation of BB are just as solid.

lol i do the same thing
    12-23-12 12:09 AM
    You are soooo lucky lol. I've had a few phones broken from just drop on a tile floor, and here you have a full car go over it.
    12-23-12 01:10 AM
36 12