I have had my BB for a couple months now and just started using the holster. Previously I was using a rubber case and kept it in my jacket pocket when I went somewhere. As the weather is starting to warm, I won't have a jacket and the rubber is a little tough to put in and pull out of my pockets (let the "buy bigger pants" jokes fly, lol), so I have been using the hoster. I quickly figured out that if my BB goes off and I unholster it quickly the new message will auto open, which got me to thinking about something that you guys can prolly answer for me.

How in the heck does the BB know it is in the holster? I did a search, but didn't see any threads that quite fit what I was looking for.

Thanks in advance!
    04-20-09 12:41 PM
    BB uses magnets in the holster to tell ur BB to sleep
    04-20-09 12:44 PM
    BB uses magnets in the holster to tell ur BB to sleep
    Interesting. I figured it had to be something like that. I gave the hoster an inspection, but didn't see anything out of the ordinary. Technology continues to amaze me...

Thanks!
    04-20-09 12:52 PM
    can you set it so that it doesn't automatically go to the messages screen when you get new message?
    04-20-09 01:18 PM
    can you set it so that it doesn't automatically go to the messages screen when you get new message?
    Yes... wait about 15-30 seconds before pulling it out of the holster.

If you set up your ringtones and alerts you can tell whether it's an email, message or phone call and not have to look all the time.
    04-20-09 02:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD