I hope it's not offtopic. But I am living in L.A., and I see a lot of people here are using Blackberry. Media executives, tech executives (still close to filming, media), celebrities, etc. All are using Blackberries. All I saw were using Bold 9000 or 9700. I really have no idea WHY? I believe they should be using something like iPhone, as it's more "media-capable", and people working in the industry (I think) would really prefer to be accessing audio/video more from their devices than Blackberry can do. Is it because rules of the studios requiring Blackberry as corporate devices? Any insider's info? Anything? :-)
    06-12-10 12:02 AM
    ..... Email works very well for those people......
    06-12-10 12:04 AM
    Well, right, but I though they are not tech-savvy people -- so they should use something "Easy" like iPhone because of that. Blackberry still requires more attention to the UI :-))
    06-12-10 12:08 AM
  4. T
    I believe they should be using something like iPhone, as it's more "media-capable", and people working in the industry (I think) would really prefer to be accessing audio/video more from their devices than Blackberry can do.
    Well, I'm no insider, but I would venture to guess they use blackberries because they need capable, reliable, and secure COMMUNICATION DEVICES -- that's where BlackBerry comes in -- and not "media devices." Their work gets done through communication, not by watching media on their phones. They have studios and home theaters for media.
    Last edited by Tnis; 06-12-10 at 12:15 AM.
    06-12-10 12:11 AM
    .::sigh::.
    06-12-10 12:17 AM
    It appears as though your stereotypical views are causing you some confusion and you have only yourself to blame for that.
    06-12-10 12:34 AM
    Please explain "media capable" because I can listen to and watch about any song or video on my BB.

I can also plug my phone into any computer and pull files off it, or receive them from a computer or phone via Bluetooth.

I'm not sure what else you would need. If your "in the business" then you have better resources available to you than using a smartphone for more advanced tasks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-12-10 12:36 AM
  8. T
    If your "in the business" then you have better resources available to you than using a smartphone for more advanced tasks.
    Yea, it's unlikely they're watching the final cut (or any other cut) on a 3.5" screen, lol.
    06-12-10 12:39 AM
    Well, right, but I though they are not tech-savvy people -- so they should use something "Easy" like iPhone because of that. Blackberry still requires more attention to the UI :-))

What?? The Blackberry UI is probably the easiest to use if ALL YOU DO is email/txt/phone/calendar

all the icons are on the main screen and away you go.

NOW I suspect they have Blackberry's because blackberry's are plentiful, they do the job intended, and they do it pretty dang good ( I have a few email complaints, but thats more power user than regular user)

I would not be surprised as the younger people move up, you'll see less and less blackberry. if you work 60+ hours a week, you stick to what you know your phone is your tool, and not your toy or entertainment, iPhone, and Android are still too new to the game,
    06-12-10 06:13 AM
    Here we go again...
    06-12-10 06:22 AM
    Well, I'm no insider, but I would venture to guess they use blackberries because they need capable, reliable, and secure COMMUNICATION DEVICES -- that's where BlackBerry comes in -- and not "media devices." Their work gets done through communication, not by watching media on their phones. They have studios and home theaters for media.
    Well said!
    06-12-10 06:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD