SO rumor has it that TCL and Blackberry are gonna release a third device this year. This true? If so, I think I will wait until then to make a choice on leaving my DTek60 for a new BB device. I have just recently gotten back onto BB and my last device being the smaller Pearl that was out. Since then, I was a blind slave to the iPhone world. Ugh....
    I haven't had my DTek60 but for about 4-5 months. I love this phone. I'm not a media hog or a tech guy, so really just about any phone will work for me. I love that BB runs Android now. I am a bit of a geek at being to tweak my phone to my hearts desire. I love Zooper Widget Pro! Ha..but all this to say I was really really pumped bout ditching my beloved DTek60 for the new K1. Like I did, when I made the switch from IOS to Android..I read and watched tons of reviews.I came across videos bout the K1's sole mono speaker. That was a big turn off for me. Like I said, I'm a gamer or glued to YouTube non stop, but when I do play the occasional Angry Birds or want to watch a movie or video I'd be let down if I had anything less than what my current device offers. The smaller screen on the K1 is a downer, but I understand it. Honeslty, the biggest issue for me is that speaker.
    So, if there is another device coming out this year, maybe it will suffice my needs and wants. Or maybe the K2 will. Who knows. And I was so looking forward to programming all my keys. HaHa
    05-15-17 09:17 PM
    3rd device? What's the 2nd device?
    05-15-17 10:30 PM
    The Aurora (spelling) the KeyOne....and the rumored.
    05-16-17 01:43 PM
    The Aurora (spelling) the KeyOne....and the rumored.
    Aurora isnt made by TCL.
    05-16-17 02:49 PM
    TCL indicated there would be three devices from them.... KEYone being the first.

What the licensee in Indonesia and India do.... who knows, other than that Aurora was released.

There are three different independent companies selling BlackBerry branded hardware.... (four if you count BlackBerry and their EOL stuff they have left).
    05-16-17 02:56 PM
    Gotcha, I was loosely going off this post here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...017-a-1101697/
    05-16-17 03:04 PM
    And again.....going on this page and other "rumored" articles that have popped up recently.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile...bc-100-1-news/
    07-01-17 09:40 AM
    Hope they release a classic bold android device.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-17 12:13 PM
    Hope they release a classic bold android device.

Posted via CB10
    KEYᵒⁿᵉ is the most compact Android device you'll ever see. It's already pretty tight up against the restraints of material design.
    07-09-17 12:23 PM
    Next one will be a touchscreen for sure, and hopefully flagship material and not another "battery sipper" that sports an underpowered cpu paired with an unnecessarily huge battery.
    07-09-17 01:38 PM
    Next one will be a touchscreen for sure, and hopefully flagship material and not another "battery sipper" that sports an underpowered cpu paired with an unnecessarily huge battery.
    I would expect exactly that. Probably another 625/626 SoC with a big battery, in a similar industrial design to the KEYᵒⁿᵉ.

That's the market BlackBerry Mobile is going for with the brand.
    07-09-17 01:41 PM
    I would expect exactly that. Probably another 625/626 SoC with a big battery, in a similar industrial design to the KEYᵒⁿᵉ.

That's the market BlackBerry Mobile is going for with the brand.
    Hopefully you are wrong, because without some competitive hardware the justification for picking up a BlackBerry touchscreen is practically non-existent.
    07-09-17 02:12 PM
    Hopefully you are wrong, because without some competitive hardware the justification for picking up a BlackBerry touchscreen is practically non-existent.
    If TCL wanted to compete in the generic consumer space, it would be through the Alcatel brand. BlackBerry Mobile is for professionals who want security and tough designs with long battery life.
    07-09-17 02:16 PM
    If TCL wanted to compete in the generic consumer space, it would be through the Alcatel brand. BlackBerry Mobile is for professionals who want security and tough designs with long battery life.
    There is nothing 'generic' about a flagship device. On the other hand, taking generic specs and garnishing them with a few security tweaks and an oversized battery is going to seem like lipstick on a pig to most potential customers in the touchscreen universe.
    07-09-17 02:37 PM
    There is nothing 'generic' about a flagship device. On the other hand, taking generic specs and garnishing them with a few security tweaks and an oversized battery is going to seem like lipstick on a pig to most potential customers in the touchscreen universe.
    What you call lipstick on a pig BlackBerry Mobile calls its differentiating factors. (Security, big battery with efficient SoC, tough build).

There are plenty of other slabs to choose from if you wish to engage in the flagship wars.
    07-09-17 03:05 PM
    What you call lipstick on a pig BlackBerry Mobile calls its differentiating factors. (Security, big battery with efficient SoC, tough build).

There are plenty of other slabs to choose from if you wish to engage in the flagship wars.
    I don't know where any of that came from. Sounds like KEYone marketspeak to me, minus the keyboard. The only slabs that differentiate themselves in the Android universe are flagships. Everything else is immediately relegated to under-spec'd, outdated, or some combination thereof. BlackBerry mobile can put all the marketing spin onto this they like but the perception will be the same.

Again, I hope you are incorrect and TCL plans to do something a little bit more exciting with the BlackBerry name than crank out generic slabs to compete with other generic slabs.
    07-09-17 03:27 PM
    TCL really isn't in the position to compete at the flagship level. The flagship SoCs are spoken for by the bigger companies who order them in the multiple millions at a time. Even those companies can't always get enough of them, in fact.

TCL has built their business in the value market, and their stated plans for BB isn't a lot different - maybe more upper-middle. If you are expecting a flagship, you will almost certainly be disappointed.
    07-10-17 06:21 PM
    When I decided to get another phone versus the Keyone, I went with the Galaxy S8. Before that I was on Dtek60. I loved that phone and still use it around the house for wifi browsing and social media. That being said, my wish for this new BBM slab is that it feels as solid and premium in the hands as the S8 does. The Dtek60 was too wide for my hands, and where no phone these days is really great at one handed typing, the S8 makes it easier to one hand many functions. I wish BBM would replicate the size and heftiness of this next slab.
    07-12-17 12:12 PM