help - when I use a quick upload a photo it's attached in a way that doesn't have a .jpg extension and thus can't be read by some email clients ... in particular even a blackberry

on blackberry it shows up as 1 attachment of question mark format
    and can't be opened

the problem is the way that it is attached

I am not sure on how to make a work around for this...

sent using quick upload:

sent manually:

you can see the attachment name has no ".jpg" difference

can we find a solution?

thank you...
    12-26-11 01:03 AM
    Is there an option in quickupload to manually type in the filename and extension?
    12-26-11 04:44 AM
    Did you try to open them as attachments or did you save them to your media card first? You have to save the file, then open it. BB won't open files while they're attached. I'm not even sure that the attachments are really on your phone till you save them.

If you already saved them, here's a thought. At least for the ones that are already there, you can do the following:
    1) Shut off the phone,
    2) Remove the media card,
    3) Put the card in your computer,
    4) In your file manager, use renaming to add the extension(s),
    5) Close the file manager,
    6) Remove the media card and put it back into your phone, and
    7) Restart the phone.

That should work.

If the problem persists, you might want to check the email software sending the attachments and any A/V software in between. Those are the most likely culprits for stripping file extensions. But I'm thinking you tried to open attachments without saving the files first.
    12-26-11 09:45 AM
    Download the file and go into the file browser and manually rename it to .jpg or .png see if that works. If that doesn't tell the person to manually convert it and send it to you again. That should be able to fix your issue.
    12-26-11 09:51 AM
    Did you try to open them as attachments or did you save them to your media card first? You have to save the file, then open it. BB won't open files while they're attached. I'm not even sure that the attachments are really on your phone till you save them.

If you already saved them, here's a thought. At least for the ones that are already there, you can do the following:
    1) Shut off the phone,
    2) Remove the media card,
    3) Put the card in your computer,
    4) In your file manager, use renaming to add the extension(s),
    5) Close the file manager,
    6) Remove the media card and put it back into your phone, and
    7) Restart the phone.

That should work.

If the problem persists, you might want to check the email software sending the attachments and any A/V software in between. Those are the most likely culprits for stripping file extensions. But I'm thinking you tried to open attachments without saving the files first.
    BlackBerry opens attachments without downloading first, unless the attachment is a format it doesn't recognize.
    12-26-11 01:20 PM
    Is there an option in quickupload to manually type in the filename and extension?
    OP - it's what sam says, quickupload is failing to add an extension. It needs to add one, or you'll have to do it manually.
    12-26-11 01:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD