...Downloading media from anywhere other than iTunes? Good luck with that. Apple won't let you because they can't get their cut. ...
    iTunes accepts any kind of DRM-free content and the other big platform "Amazon", for example, is seamlessly integrated for music. Hoping to Apple TV you see a whole lot of other sources, Watchever, Hulu, Netflix for example.

Only showing your wrong claims in this point of your flame does not mean, that your other points are more valid...
    CrackedBarry likes this.
    09-11-13 06:55 AM
    Frankly I love my stuff in iCloud.

That way I know everything is in all my devices. If I had to keep track of which phone has which set of pics and remember to transfer an SD card to which phone I'd go insane. Especially now that BlackBerry Link refuses to speak consistently to DM. Syncing pics and videos is an hour chore. So I end up with a Z that hasn't got all the pics and videos that the 9900 has or the 9810.

I've got the same thing in my iPad that I've got on my iPhone, with the exception of movies which I only keep on my iPad. And if I wanted them in my iPhone all I have to do is get them from I Cloud before I need them. It's all about how you prefer to manage your media. I love iTunes and I Cloud, works perfectly for me.

BlackBerry Link needs some work.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by qbnkelt; 09-11-13 at 08:20 AM. Reason: added "sd card"
    CrackedBarry likes this.
    09-11-13 07:56 AM
    Yeah, so, I guess we'll see the OP back next year this time for iPhone 6, iOS 8, and Tim Cook's sudden pursuit of an NHL team.
    09-11-13 08:16 AM
    More and more manufacturers are following Apple, and moving away from microSD cards. HTC, for example. Googles Nexus phone don't offer them either.
    (And for good reason. There are huge disadvantages with micro SD cards, though that's an entirely different topic.)

As for standard USB connectors, I don't see your point. Apples lightning interface is not only USB compatible, it also uses standard USB connectors on the other end of the Lightning cable.

Are you suggesting that Apple shouldn't make a better adapter, before consulting with all the other manufacturers? Cause that's not really how innovation works.

Also: I guess Samsung is equally guilty here, considering the abomination of an USB connector they just put on their Note3...
    do you even know what interoperability means?
    09-11-13 10:30 PM
    Frankly I love my stuff in iCloud.

Posted via CB10
    I like it too. Sure it's not very fast on an old PC, which is probably why so many people hate the program instead of upgrading to a computer that can handle their media needs, but I digress...

There is this idea out there among haters, that iTunes is unavoidable with an iPhone, and its just simply not true.

Not only can you have your phone up and running without ever using iTunes, but you can also manage media, copy pictures and music to and from your device, without ever using iTunes. And no, it doesn't need to be jail broken, though that makes it even easier.

There's a bunch of programs out there that can be used for managing your phones without ever using iTunes...
    09-11-13 10:54 PM
    One tiny comment....the Lightning cable. I complained bitterly a bout a new charging cable when I got my iPhone 5. Then I realised I could charge my phone from dead to full in one hour.

No complaints anymore.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD for iPad
    I too was skeptical when they introduced it, but its awesome! A lot less fiddly then microSD, can insert it both ways, even looks a lot better, lol! Charges much faster, and best of all, it's upgradable, so in the future we might get USB 3.0 speeds out of the exact same lightning cable we get USB 2.0 speeds from today.

It's just a better solution all around.

The sad part is, that its one of those things that haters find to criticize about Apple, mainly because they can't find anything of substance to criticize them for. So instead they point to the Lightning cable and grumble about "industry standards" and "interoperability".

Never mind, that it becomes a standard micro USB port just by putting an adapter on it, and doesn't adversely affect anyone...

Its an extremely petty and thuggish attitude, indicative of low gadget-self esteem: Why should Apple owners have it any better than us? How dare Apple innovate and improve on an industry standard, while still making it backwards compatible through a lightning-MicroUSB adapter? Just who does those Apple folks think they are!?!
    seanwplandry likes this.
    09-11-13 11:04 PM
    I too was skeptical when they introduced it, but its awesome! A lot less fiddly then microSD, can insert it both ways, even looks a lot better, lol! Charges much faster, and best of all, it's upgradable, so in the future we might get USB 3.0 speeds out of the exact same lightning cable we get USB 2.0 speeds from today.

It's just a better solution all around.

The sad part is, that its one of those things that haters find to criticize about Apple, mainly because they can't find anything of substance to criticize them for. So instead they point to the Lightning cable and grumble about "industry standards" and "interoperability".

Never mind, that it becomes a standard micro USB port just by putting an adapter on it, and doesn't adversely affect anyone...

Its an extremely petty and thuggish attitude, indicative of low gadget-self esteem: Why should Apple owners have it any better than us? How dare Apple innovate and improve on an industry standard, while still making it backwards compatible through a lightning-MicroUSB adapter? Just who does those Apple folks think they are!?!
    you sound petty. looks like someone hit a nerve.
    bradu1 likes this.
    09-11-13 11:50 PM
32 12