Will there be a higher end phone than the current ones released and when approximately do you think it will be released?
    02-04-13 02:03 PM
    There has been leaked slides of a device codenamed "Aristo" with beefed up specs...but no one really knows (or can say what they know) about the device.
    02-04-13 02:09 PM
    MUCH LATER DATE. Do not hold off on a z10 in anticipation of it.
    02-04-13 02:25 PM
    Eventually is the key word here. Hope in one hand and **** in the other, see what fills up faster. Get and enjoy a Z/Q10!
    02-04-13 02:41 PM
    Sorry what do you actually want/need at the moment that the Z10 doesn't give you I'm curious.
    Knightcrawler likes this.
    02-04-13 03:22 PM
    End of the year or 2014 at most. However, as the saying goes, "If you are waiting for something new to come around, you'll be waiting forever as there are new products out all the time. " Darn the speed of technology, lol.
    02-04-13 03:34 PM
    You can always wait till tomorrow for something better.
    02-04-13 05:05 PM
    Fair but I am getting the z10 I was only wondering and for the question of what I need that the z10 does not provide you answer would nothing due to the fact that the z10 iss pretty kick a**
    02-04-13 07:16 PM
    Odds are that we won't see higher spec hardware before the end of the year at the earliest.
    02-04-13 07:28 PM
    Probably this summer or fall for a quad-core z10. At that time I think the price of the current dual-core will be lowered.
    02-04-13 07:30 PM
    There will always be something on the horizon that is better than what you're currently interested in buying. At some point you have to choose something or you'll be waiting forever with nothing to show.
    02-04-13 07:51 PM
    Its on the roadmap. But I would not wait for it.
    02-04-13 08:08 PM
    Can we please stop with the Aristo pumping? That was a single slide that was posted a year ago before the launch delay. Any bearing on real life has completely disconnected.
    Even if the Aristo does come out before next Christmas, by the time it comes out Android phones will be even bigger, faster, stronger, faster with whatever new buzz word component is popular.
    You know what will happen then? People will complain that RIM needs to bring out a 'real' smartphone that can compete.

Actually skip that. I want you to wait, I want you to wait like 8/9 months for the Aristo, only to have a slide for the Zeristo to be posted with even better specs days later and a 7 month time frame.
    Then I want you to weep.
    Harborcoat likes this.
    02-05-13 12:54 AM
    Just curious, I wonder of most of the people who're looking for a "spec" phone are actually even following Android news for upcoming devices? I do, and I can tell you with certainty that even if you were to buy a quad-core, 2 GB RAM, 13MP Cam phone running JB 4.2 today, there are other new Android releases less than 6 months from now that are going to out-spec those by a wide margin. Android OEM's are all engaging in this race because they have to convince YOU that THEIR Android is better than the other guy's Android. These inflated specs are simply completely unnecessary....

...Little to none of the software is actually even able to utilize those specs. What you're essentially doing is the same as when all those people jumped on 1080p units that had no upscaling technology so early that it took about ~2 years for TV stations and BluRay movies who were on 720p (or less) to catch up. You were really on 720p that entire time until they did. You got suckered by paper feature advertising.
    02-05-13 01:04 AM
    Ya, it is amazing how much money a manufacturer can pour into buying top of the line specs when their software costs are literally $0.
    BlackBerry can't do that, they just spent 2 billion making BB10.
    02-05-13 01:13 AM
    All this being said, I thought I read on here that Thor or someone important confirmed that there will be 6 devices in 2013. I don't want any drama but can someone confirm this or back it up or did I go on a cheesecake trip and pretend it?
    02-05-13 01:42 AM
    Maybe the higher end phone will have a decent camera
    02-05-13 02:01 AM
    I hope so, because I'm just a minimum wage troll who can't afford a DSLR.

Woe is me.
    02-05-13 08:01 AM
    It's one area that BlackBerry can be like Apple in that they don't have the best specs, but the specs needed to run their OS in the best manner possible. Android manufacturers are not only competing against Apple, Windows and Blackberry, but also every single Android manufacturer so each has to offer something more or better than their competition to get the limelight for that all brief period before the next thing comes out. It will nice if BlackBerry actually stabilizes and has an annual-ish upgrade cycle... which I think is what they said they will do. That way, if you are on BlackBerry and you get a new phone, you know you are good for at least a year before the next model comes out and you can ignore the specs race going on with Android phones.
    02-05-13 08:30 AM
    Hey guys,
    Should I buy a phone that exists or wait for a magical unicorn that I heard about on the Internet?
    02-05-13 12:45 PM
    No no...don't wait for the unicorn, the tail is too short and its horn is smaller than expected...something to do with how poorly it shows in pictures
    02-05-13 01:05 PM
    Ya, it is amazing how much money a manufacturer can pour into buying top of the line specs when their software costs are literally $0.
    BlackBerry can't do that, they just spent 2 billion making BB10.
    Well if they spent 2 billion on bb10 that means they're out of money
    Lol.
    Ps. They aren't. Haha
    02-05-13 02:04 PM
    All this being said, I thought I read on here that Thor or someone important confirmed that there will be 6 devices in 2013. I don't want any drama but can someone confirm this or back it up or did I go on a cheesecake trip and pretend it?
    I think those 6 are the 3 variations on Z10 and 3 variations of Q10. The radios separating each.
    02-05-13 02:12 PM
    there is always a higher end phone.
    the smartphone market is young and is being exploited for all its worth and more!
    02-05-13 02:26 PM
    I feel it would be a mistake to come out with another phone any sooner than about this time next year...if they were to come out with a better phone say this fall, a lot of people would be a little ticked that they just locked themselves into a 2 year contract on a phone only to have a new one come out in less than 6 months...

But I will say, to say there will be six phones seems to say 6 different phones, not just 2 phones with 3 variations...that would be like saying there are already 2 out there since we have a black and a white Z10!

Maybe the new phone will be out before we get the old phone here in the USA! LOL
    02-05-13 02:28 PM
32 12