Enjoy

The Rise and Fall of BlackBerry: An Oral History - Businessweek

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by BB10user07; 12-05-13 at 09:15 AM.
    12-05-13 08:21 AM
    Very cool. Will make sure this is passed on.
    12-05-13 08:37 AM
    Wow. I love how they pull only small pieces of quotes to make them more impactful / mean.

I definitely said those quotes... but missing a LOT of context around them. Makes me sound mean. Which I'm not. BB10 killing trackpad, etc. made it too big of a change for a lot of legacy users... but personally I still felt (and said) that it was a necessary change for them to make. Had to happen.
    12-05-13 08:42 AM
    Also, what's crazy is how long it took them to publish that story. I gave that interview MONTHS ago.
    12-05-13 08:42 AM
    Kevin,

I just read the article and in my eyes, what you said didn't make you look mean at all. I understood what you were saying there in the way that they put it....
    middbrew likes this.
    12-05-13 08:47 AM
    Kevin,

I just read the article and in my eyes, what you said didn't make you look mean at all. I understood what you were saying there in the way that they put it....
    Kevin, I didn't think you came across as mean either. But knowing how you are and your views might have influenced how I was reading it.
    12-05-13 08:54 AM
    Wow. I love how they pull only small pieces of quotes to make them more impactful / mean.

I definitely said those quotes... but missing a LOT of context around them. Makes me sound mean. Which I'm not. BB10 killing trackpad, etc. made it too big of a change for a lot of legacy users... but personally I still felt (and said) that it was a necessary change for them to make. Had to happen.
    Kevin why do you hate BBRY and BB10, and baby seals?

Kevin why do you hate those cute little baby seals? Kevin please stop hating those adorable little fluffy white baby seals!

Posted via CBZ10 baby!
    skibnik likes this.
    12-05-13 09:03 AM
    Jeff Gadway, current senior manager for product marketing: When you go into the focus groups, and you talk to customers about brands in the technology space, there are brands that don’t come up at all anymore. And then there’s BlackBerry. People have fond sentiments about BlackBerry. If people didn’t have that affinity toward the brand, I would be challenged to really believe in what we’re doing. People want to see BlackBerry succeed.
    sickyute likes this.
    12-05-13 09:11 AM

It didn't make me think you were mean...In fact now I getting to firmly believe that this was one of the resoans why BB10 was met with limited excitement from old BB07 users...I think they could have kept both track ball and back button and had a best of the both scenario for everyone.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 09:12 AM
    "BlackBerry’s growth turns Waterloo—population 550,000—into Canada’s Silicon Valley. "

Completely false. Waterloo has less than 200,000 people. If they meant region of waterloo they should have wrote region of waterloo.
    12-05-13 10:05 AM
    That would be in direct contrast with the ton of people where every positive BlackBerry statement accompanied by a flood of 100 comments with "BlackBerry is dead." "They still make phones?" "Insert something bad about 5 year old legacy devices (never heard of BB10)" "They have no apps." "The company is bankrupt." etc etc. people aren't rooting for it to succeed except for their core audience. There is a good reason too the stock is one of the most heavily shorted stocks out there. Sad though since we could use more than a duopoly in the market. Having just Apple and Samsung with over 95% of the market makes me sick.
    12-05-13 01:47 PM