Ok so just so everyone knows from the get go im a total newb to the BB just got my first one on saterday, been reading alot on this forum to tho. anyway my question is i was going through deleting all the apps i dont use, but i cannot see all my apps in the advance options, now i know somone on here was saying that to delet core apps you need to do it through the DM instead of on the phone, but when i connected it to my laptop today the only apps it will show is the facebook one i downloaded and i cant even delete it if i wanted to. so my main problem is i just want to free up my device memory cuz this thing came with alot of stuff i wont use....

sorry for such a long question

thx in advance to
    01-29-09 10:49 PM
    You need to have your os downloaded to your pc to be able to view the core apps. Take a look at the memory link in my signature
    01-29-09 10:58 PM
    ok i thought i read that to, so here my next problem them. i live out in the country, way out in the country and i only have dial-up so big downloads really dont go well for me. is there anyway to get a copy of my os off my phone or how big of a download is my os witch is 4.5 somthing for my 8320

not sure if in aloud to do this but hey it beats posting somthing stupid again so here goes

*BUMP*
    Last edited by gordonrobbins; 01-30-09 at 09:52 AM.
    01-30-09 12:12 AM
    You have to download the os from a website no other option
    01-30-09 10:19 AM
    The device OS packages are large files, on the order of 100 Mb. Downloading at dial up speeds will be very time consuming.

An alternate, purchase a thumb drive device. Rental computers with high speed internet connections are often available at coffee shops and public libraries. It will take about an hour, even with a high speed internet connection.

Use the thumb drive to install the software on your computer, then use your computer to configure it for your BlackBerry.
    01-30-09 10:27 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry
    What reed said would probably be the quickest solution, but you could try either going to your providers store or calling RIM maybe they could mail you a disc of the os. Not sure how good their tech support and stuff is, but its worth a shot.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-09 12:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD