Things have slowed down at Crackberry aside from the input from our interim fearless leader and our crackberians.

Where does Crackberry see itself in a year? Bigger better, status quo or diminished?

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 10:34 PM
    Things have slowed down at Crackberry aside from the input from our interim fearless leader and our crackberians.

Where does Crackberry see itself in a year? Bigger better, status quo or diminished?

Posted via CB10

Our fearless leader is EIC , he is no longer interim, and in a year from now we will still be hear complaining about not enough leaks and how the passport 2 is even better than what it is now.
    neoberry99 likes this.
    01-02-15 10:37 PM
    Our fearless leader is EIC , he is no longer interim, and in a year from now we will still be hear complaining about not enough leaks and how the passport 2 is even better than what it is now.
    That didn't answer the question.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 10:44 PM
    That didn't answer the question.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry but I don't know the address of the CB office. But I'm sure they will still be there,
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    01-02-15 10:46 PM
    Technically we're all CrackBerry so,.. this could take while.

Posted via CB10
    anon(9208252) likes this.
    01-02-15 11:15 PM
    Technically we're all CrackBerry so,.. this could take while.

Posted via CB10
    I tried but I guess I didn't answer properly. I'm bad
    01-02-15 11:17 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'm no fortune teller but it seems as though BlackBerry isn't going anywhere so I'll be right here. As for size, well we've always risen and fallen with BlackBerry so I don't expect that to change. I could easily say we'll be BIGGER than ever but really, I don't know if that is true. BlackBerry is in a bit of a weird place right now where they don't really have much 'consumer' focus even though a lot of folks around here are consumers but they still have plenty going for them at the moment and their position continues to improve with John Chen at the helm.

All I know for certain is what I've said before. BlackBerry sites will come and go (just look around around at how many are not really active now for even the basic stuff) but CrackBerry will be here long after everyone else has shut their servers off and moved on. Heck, we still run WebOSNation. On a personal note, I hope BlackBerry hits back so hard we need to hire 10 new people just to handle it all, but we'll see where they take it.
    01-02-15 11:27 PM
    As long as there are iphone lovers on a BlackBerry site I will be here lol

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 11:36 PM
    As long as there are iphone lovers on a BlackBerry site I will be here lol

Posted via CB10
    Yes there sure are a lot of iphone lovers on blackberry fansites. It confuses me. I have no reason to hang around iphone fansites even though I've owned an iphone in the past.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 01:57 AM
    Yes there sure are a lot of iphone lovers on blackberry fansites. It confuses me. I have no reason to hang around iphone fansites even though I've owned an iphone in the past.

Posted via CB10
    Not really.
    I many see iPhone haters and realists.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    01-03-15 02:18 AM
    I hate to see what is happening to CB and what may be in store for it over the next year.
    It is clear that Chen has tossed aside the consumer market and may even stop producing handsets
    if the PP and the Classic sales do not pan out. The PP is already not doing well.

Right now Chen is not a friend to the BB consumer nor CB. He is slowly killing both off.
    01-03-15 02:29 AM
    I'm no fortune teller but it seems as though BlackBerry isn't going anywhere so I'll be right here. As for size, well we've always risen and fallen with BlackBerry so I don't expect that to change. I could easily say we'll be BIGGER than ever but really, I don't know if that is true. BlackBerry is in a bit of a weird place right now where they don't really have much 'consumer' focus even though a lot of folks around here are consumers but they still have plenty going for them at the moment and their position continues to improve with John Chen at the helm.

All I know for certain is what I've said before. BlackBerry sites will come and go (just look around around at how many are not really active now for even the basic stuff) but CrackBerry will be here long after everyone else has shut their servers off and moved on. Heck, we still run WebOSNation. On a personal note, I hope BlackBerry hits back so hard we need to hire 10 new people just to handle it all, but we'll see where they take it.
    You're totally right, with BlackBerry caught in between consumers and enteprise.. I feel that Crackberry can offer more enterprise related insight. How do you feel about that?
    01-03-15 03:27 AM
    I wouldn't go as far to say the sales of the passport and classic are not going well, some of those sales results won't show up until the first quarter of 2015.

I agree that BlackBerry is focused on the enterprise and not the consumer market, but being from the US where the brand is all but dead here, I am hoping that they patch up their relationship with T Mobile and at least have some of their products available here.

As for me, as I said, I am here for the long haul and I will continue to preach the BlackBerry name here in the USA and post on this great forum as long as they put up with me.

Sent from my lovely Classic on T Mobile USA
    01-03-15 03:35 AM
    As long as I have a BlackBerry I will be here. Seeing as how my plan is to also have a BlackBerry no matter what att and Verizon want to offer, means I will be here for a very long time. Us mobile is looking good today. Sprint Verizon users it is cdma also.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 03:42 AM
    I hate to see what is happening to CB and what may be in store for it over the next year.
    It is clear that Chen has tossed aside the consumer market and may even stop producing handsets
    if the PP and the Classic sales do not pan out. The PP is already not doing well.

Right now Chen is not a friend to the BB consumer nor CB. He is slowly killing both off.
    Yup... and the enterprise market isn't going to save him either. The world seems to be moving on from all things BlackBerry.

Funny thing is, with just a simple marketing plan, they could still be killing it in the consumer market. But they would rather grab defeat from the jaws of victory.

4 months in... and only us geeks are even aware of the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 05:02 AM
    Yup... and the enterprise market isn't going to save him either. The world seems to be moving on from all things BlackBerry.

Funny thing is, with just a simple marketing plan, they could still be killing it in the consumer market. But they would rather grab defeat from the jaws of victory.

Posted via CB10
    Thing is as the world moves away from BlackBerry. It has been getting hacked and leaked. Only time will tell where this train goes. Just look at 2014 and all the issues. We can only wait and watch.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 05:10 AM
    I see myself eyeing the Passport 2 and "trying" to convince myself not to buy it!

Posted via CB10
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    01-03-15 06:10 AM
    2015 and 2016 will be the bounce back years. In late 2014 BlackBerry has finally brought to the table what it has been working on for so long. They had BES and BIS for the legacy devices. But once they acquired QNX and utilized it to run the PlayBook OS, which was a new area for QNX, they realized they were onto a great stable platform. Infancy yes, but the future was mapped and the task at hand huge. Here they had an enterprise offering that was great but aging. They needed to establish BES10, BES12, for the BB10 devices. This was a huge hole to fill. It was a major risk that BlackBerry had to under take in order to meet the needs of the enterprise future. Then they need the devices. Passport for sure and the Classic. There are 60 million OS7 devices in use. They needed a great transition device. This was all just released this fall and up to the New Year. The licensing fees for BES to BES10 transitions don't kick in to the New Year, so basically BlackBerry has not collected revenues on BES10 as of yet. Worry not, 2015 will be a plus year for BlackBerry in a big way. The stage has just been set. Also Blend and the 10.3 OS was just released with the older bb10 devices soon to be updated. Chen also stated that in 2015 they are going to put some effort back into the consumer arena. Stay tuned!

Posted via CB10
    j21jam6 likes this.
    01-03-15 09:14 AM
    I'm no fortune teller .
    What kind of leader are you?? I was looking the lottery numbers for tonight.

Nevertheless, a year from now I'll either be still pounding out posts via by passport or on their latest all touch. No sign of Blackberry headed back to Red in fact this seem to be headed in the other direction. So I will predict the future and mark my word a year from now you will hear me say "It's a LeakEnd!!!

Executive Producer of a Top Secret BBM Group of Losers that doesn't Exist via my Canadian Passport
    01-03-15 09:24 AM
    So do Crackberrians really want to talk about BES, QNX, and IoT? It seems that active participation here depends on Blackberry continuing to produce hardware. webOSNation still exists but more of a little club. The discussion of the LG webOS TVs was painful as nobody really gives a sh*t about what OS their TV funs. I think that the Blackberry brand will eventually live on as an Android-based device just as the Palm brand will soon be: Palm.com
    01-03-15 09:25 AM
    Crackberry will be busy as long as BlackBerry produces devices that are available to the average person via carriers or online. If BlackBerry goes fully software and stops making phones, I doubt there will be many people hanging around here!
    01-03-15 09:48 AM
    I think a year from now, Crackberry will be modestly bigger and modestly stronger. The truth is that 2014 was actually a good year for BlackBerry. Lots of bigs changes and very positive steps. However, they are still 6-9 months away from where they need to be, both in terms of available hardware devices and their full set of enterprise offerings. So it will be another important and I think interesting year.

BlackBerry will continue to maintain and expand their hardware offering. Lots of people blather on this website about getting out of hardware. Clearly, they don't understand the nature of blackberry's integrated offerings nor can they read a balance sheet. 2015 will be about consolidation in the enterprise market but I suspect by fall BlackBerry will be pushing back modestly to the consumer arena. There is certainly a segment of the population they can capture but they need revenue to move down this avenue.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 10:29 AM
    So do Crackberrians really want to talk about BES, QNX, and IoT? It seems that active participation here depends on Blackberry continuing to produce hardware. webOSNation still exists but more of a little club. The discussion of the LG webOS TVs was painful as nobody really gives a sh*t about what OS their TV funs. I think that the Blackberry brand will eventually live on as an Android-based device just as the Palm brand will soon be: Palm.com
    I don't have a crystal ball and really don't have an opinion on the future. It'll be what it will be. But I follow BlackBerry developments whatever they are. So I'm interested in what BlackBerry brings to the table in 2015. It may be a new device, it may be something else. For example, CES is this next week. BlackBerry is going to discuss its IoT roadmap. It interests me and I hope others in the CrackBerry forums.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 11:25 AM

Posted via CB10
    There is no way they could be "killing it" in the consumer market. That is an absurd suggestion. How can they possibly compete with iOS and Android. They can't even compete with Microsoft for third place (the MS fans are equally unhappy with MS btw).
    01-03-15 12:41 PM

Posted via CB10
    It is possible to use an iPhone and still be interested in BB. Particularly for people who have been using BBs since the late 90s.
    01-03-15 12:44 PM
44 12