Anyone know if we have hit the 100,000 mark yet.... Can't wait for my BB10 and was curious as to how many apps have been added since Jan 30th
    03-15-13 10:34 PM
    I heard just broke 100000 not too long ago. Someone tweeted Alec Saunders the other day and he couldn't comment due to being near earnings report.
    03-15-13 10:50 PM
    Yeah I'm expecting them to tell us during the earnings report. I
    03-16-13 01:49 PM
    I am hoping that we have at broken the 100,000 app barrier, but I think it will be confirmed during his earnings report at the end of the month.

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular Z10
    03-16-13 02:06 PM
    I heard a few weeks ago we were close to 100,000 apps I would expect to be there now. Hopefully by earnings we will have 120,000!

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 02:14 PM
    Whats the big deal about how many apps they have available?

I think it would have been a better accomplishment for BBRY if they would have focused on quality and functionality over quantity.
    9/10 apps have very little to no use for .99 cents. How many flashlights and radio police scanners do you really need?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using the CB App!
    rgorman, aniym and ESCON like this.
    03-16-13 02:43 PM
    I do believe that the BlackBerry World has 100,000 apps.
    03-16-13 02:45 PM
    The raw number of apps doesn't mean much. Windows Phone has 130,000 and its app store is generally regarded as 'lacking'. BB needs to focus on getting the top 5% of apps on iOS and Android instead of trying to compete using marketing metrics like app count.

There was a topic yesterday about Words with Friends being available on App World. The poster was totally oblivious to the fact that it was an unauthorized APK-to-BAR conversion that wasn't even uploaded by Zynga. It'll probably be taken off App World soon. But still it suggests that app count is even less relevant on a platform where new apps are likely to be Android ports as opposed to natively coded apps.

Sent from my Atrix 4G using Tapatalk 2
    03-16-13 03:38 PM
    The raw number of apps doesn't mean much. Windows Phone has 130,000 and its app store is generally regarded as 'lacking'. BB needs to focus on getting the top 5% of apps on iOS and Android instead of trying to compete using marketing metrics like app count.

There was a topic yesterday about Words with Friends being available on App World. The poster was totally oblivious to the fact that it was an unauthorized APK-to-BAR conversion that wasn't even uploaded by Zynga. It'll probably be taken off App World soon. But still it suggests that app count is even less relevant on a platform where new apps are likely to be Android ports as opposed to natively coded apps.

While of course you are right, the number plays an importance as well. Maybe not logically but since Apple and Android have hundreds of thousands in their stores, there is a comparison made and emotionally, people want to see high numbers.
    kbz1960 and BlackistheBerry like this.
    03-16-13 04:36 PM
    Whats the big deal about how many apps they have available?

I think it would have been a better accomplishment for BBRY if they would have focused on quality and functionality over quantity.
    9/10 apps have very little to no use for .99 cents. How many flashlights and radio police scanners do you really need?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using the CB App!
    I'm gonna be honest I agree, I worked for blackberry and that was my number 1 pitch line, I loved that line because it was so true. quality over quantity .. Look at it this way, netflix will be more willing to sign on with an OS if it had more apps, more apps more hype, more apps more media coverage. I agree with you completely but MOST people are not like me and you, 8-10 people walking into best buy want apps and that my friend is why we need apps, I'm happy with. Apps for Blackberry would b the nail in the coffin
    03-18-13 12:57 AM

Apps sell, I saw what happens with my own eyes 8/10 that walk into a best buy want apps nothing else, they don't wanna hear quality over quantity they want their dam apps. I always told customers quality over quantity is always better. I only want the top few BUT it's not want me or u want or think it is the majority of people, having apps will b the nail in the coffin for blackberry.

.. I hate when people compare windows to blackberry, it's ve y simple and I put it like. What does blackberry have over windows? BlackBerry ounce Dominated the market as where palm and windows people needed it for work, they hated the confusion that came with it, they enjoyed their blackberry until it got boring. People will come back to that BlackBerry experience and windows well they have no one to come back to to begin they need to win a BRAND new set of people and their are not that many out there. LOL. BB10 apps or no apps still amazing
    03-18-13 01:11 AM
    Thostein Heins in an interview yesterday said that he expects BB World to hit 100,000 apps by the end of the week.

He didn't say how many of those apps are flashlight & fart apps though.
    03-18-13 12:44 PM