Ok, so Thor is no Steve Jobs personality presence on Stage. But his humble demeanor disguises a very bright and efficient fellow so credit is due to him and his team for what he's done to bring BB back to life. Really, if you look at what he's accomplished, it's actually quite amazing and he lives up to his established rep as a CEO who turns companies around. So in honor of his achievement, The Mighty Thor gets an avatar switch from me on his day in the spotlight today
    01-30-13 10:35 AM
    I think he did a fine job. Considering english is not his language he did quite well.
    Berry_Pink and Jeovex like this.
    01-30-13 10:36 AM
    I was waiting for Yosemite Sam to start shooting at Thorsten's feet to liven him up. Seriously, this was Thorsten "excited"? Aside from him gazing into Vivek eyes repeatedly the launch was far from memorable. LOL
    01-30-13 10:38 AM
    I was waiting for Yosemite Sam to start shooting at Thorsten's feet to liven him up. Seriously, this was Thorsten "excited"? Aside from him gazing into Vivek eyes repeatedly the launch was far from memorable. LOL
    You have to be forgiving of personality types. Remember, this man is a business CEO and a very brilliant one at that. You shouldn't honestly expect every CEO of a tech business to possess massive entertainment stage presence. Ever watch a lecture by any of the world's leading minds in quantum physics? Give it a try and you'll get my point
    01-30-13 10:44 AM
    I don't feel the excitement when I watch him.
    01-30-13 10:45 AM
    i like that he gets to the point and his wording "flows" the presentation nicely. id prefer a presentation to an iOS cult ritual lol
    flyingsolid likes this.
    01-30-13 10:53 AM
    I agree, he's not the ideal person to announce stuff. I mean, you can tell he's excited, but he just doesn't do proper delivery. A bit monotonous. But then again, they're an IT firm, you don't expect any Seth Macfarlane.
    01-30-13 11:08 AM
    he's very akward

alicia keys should have did the whole thing
    01-30-13 11:09 AM
    He was a bit stiff but makes up for it with great clarity in explaining design philosophy and company directions.

I found Alicia Keys just plain dull. Why was she really needed at all ?
    flyingsolid likes this.
    01-30-13 11:35 AM
    Thankfully he's not auditioning to be a stage performer. But when you think about it this is a product launch event. 9/10 times in all industries there awkward and weird. And consumers dont watch them anyways. We at crackberry watched every minute but most people dont.
    01-30-13 11:37 AM
    Absolutely no excitement, but he wasn't the only one that really didn't have a good presence.
    01-30-13 11:38 AM
    Absolutely no excitement, but he wasn't the only one that really didn't have a good presence.
    I agree, he's not the ideal person to announce stuff. I mean, you can tell he's excited, but he just doesn't do proper delivery. A bit monotonous. But then again, they're an IT firm, you don't expect any Seth Macfarlane.
    thank you
    01-30-13 11:47 AM
    I don't know why it's written the CEO has to do these - because that's how Apple did them? I think Alec Saunders would have been a better choice to lead through the days festivities and he could have had Thorsten up front to talk about the contributions of the RIM employees and I think it would have been a much better presentation. And maybe he would have done a video with Ms Keys!
    01-30-13 11:59 AM
    Found Alicia Keys dull?

I thought she held herself very well on stage, no stuttering just good direct sentences. Liked her a lot.
    01-30-13 12:11 PM
    I don't know why it's written the CEO has to do these - because that's how Apple did them? I think Alec Saunders would have been a better choice to lead through the days festivities and he could have had Thorsten up front to talk about the contributions of the RIM employees and I think it would have been a much better presentation. And maybe he would have done a video with Ms Keys!

I think you are right, the guy should have stopped after thanking employees, Mike, and etc. Then bring Alec on stage, Alec is so much more articulate and much more energy, and will bring more excitement.
    01-30-13 12:23 PM
    Honestly, I could care less about how Thor delivered his presentation because it was clear. The part that had me thrilled was the very brief mention of BlackBerry 10 helping you interface with your environment. BlackBerry 10 devices will sell and sell well because they are good and will get better over time. The benefit from today is where this company is going with Thor at the helm.
    01-30-13 02:23 PM