I'm a week into my android experience on a beautiful Galaxy S6 Edge. Here's a list of thing I miss about my Z10:

- grippy back: yes it felt cheep and the s6 feels super premium, but it is slippery. Not sure which I'd rather, but I wasn't afraid to drop the Z10

- swipe to delete: as a whole, the Samsung keyboard isn't too bad, but having to tap the backspace repetitively is a pain. Swiping was much easier. Don't miss flick typing too much however. I found that when I focused on flick typing I would end up looking for suggestions too often and it would actually slow me down. Also, I miss being able to tap shift and then the backspace to delete the letter after the cursor, instead of having to place the cursor exactly where I mean to make my edit

- the music icon: the music icon on touch whiz looks silly

Album art: I don't know if it's because of the s6's super high resolution or what, but no matter what app solution I use, the album art on my music isn't crisp like it was on my Z10. I need to find a solution for this asap

- search: while there is a great search function on touchwhiz called s finder, it's not as easy to access as the universal search is on BB10 (it's in the drop down menu)

- Volume rocker position: it seems to me that having the rocker makes most sense on the right side of the phone, but on the s6 it is on the left

That's all I can come up with... I'm sure there's a couple more but that's what jumps out to me. Notice that Hub, active frames, battery life (jokes), and blend all aren't on my list.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-09-15 09:20 PM
    Same thing happens with me whenever i use my friend's Samsung and other android devices. Looks BlackBerry software is just like that as we want. Bht that strange you don't miss the hub. Even the people who don't like BlackBerry praise hub. as for me i don't like active frame and swipe for minimise the app. Always miss back key to leave the app.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-15 09:31 PM
    HTC One M9 here.

No HUB
    No Active Frames
    No Mute Button (trivial, but I used it all the time to silence stuff and pause music)
    No Battery Guru (All the android ones are just basic battery meters with ads EVERYWHERE)
    Everything feels like it takes an extra step
    05-09-15 09:35 PM
    Same thing happens with me whenever i use my friend's Samsung and other android devices. Looks BlackBerry software is just like that as we want. Bht that strange you don't miss the hub. Even the people who don't like BlackBerry praise hub. as for me i don't like active frame and swipe for minimise the app. Always miss back key to leave the app.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not a person who uses email, BBM, Whatsapp, or any of that stuff, just texting, and sometimes Facebook messenger. So the Hub became just a place for all of my useles twitter notifications to pile up and other things I didn't care about. Usually I just kept it on the text message filter anyways. The gesture to get there felt cool, but with quick reply enabled it becomes kind of redundant

05-09-15 09:39 PM
    HTC One M9 here.

No HUB
    No Active Frames
    No Mute Button (trivial, but I used it all the time to silence stuff and pause music)
    No Battery Guru (All the android ones are just basic battery meters with ads EVERYWHERE)
    Everything feels like it takes an extra step
    Yes, too many clicks. Swipe up requires no aim. Back, home and open apps button do... :-)

  Passposted while waiting for the Z-lider....  
    05-09-15 09:42 PM
    Yes, too many clicks. Swipe up requires no aim. Back, home and open apps button do... :-)

  Passposted while waiting for the Z-lider....  
    Closing apps on Android is much more convenient, just a simple swipe left or right, on BB10 you need to aim for that little square, which I missed many many times....

And I am a concert level pianist, don't blame my fingers accuracy

05-09-15 11:50 PM
    Closing apps on Android is much more convenient, just a simple swipe left or right, on BB10 you need to aim for that little square, which I missed many many times....
    That's equivalent of what swipe up does on BB10.

Just minimises/ dismisses the app from the current screen.

To actually close apps on Android, you need to long press Home/ Menu (depending on the OEM) and then kill (close) the (cached) apps from the long list.

 Q5 / Z30
    05-10-15 12:53 AM

To actually close apps on Android, you need to long press Home/ Menu (depending on the OEM) and then kill (close) the (cached) apps from the long list.

 Q5 / Z30
    No, home button is equivalent to swiping up, then open apps is equivalent to active frames, then swiping is equivalent to tapping the x. Both have similar methods of clearing the ram on particular apps, although is kind of pointless. The app doesn't keep running after it's been close on android, only when it's been minimized, similar to bb10

05-10-15 01:27 AM

 Q5 / Z30
    You're talking about on kit kat, I'm talking about lolipop

05-10-15 01:28 AM
    - swipe to delete: as a whole, the Samsung keyboard isn't too bad, but having to tap the backspace repetitively is a pain. Swiping was much easier.
    Swipe back to delete is a SwiftKey feature, which BB licensed and used as the basis for the BB10 software keyboard, including the suggested word engine. Try installing SwiftKey and I think you'll be very satisfied. The only thing you'ld miss is the flicking to accept the suggested word - that was unique to BB.
    pantlesspenguin and Z10NIZED like this.
    05-10-15 09:38 AM
    No, home button is equivalent to swiping up, then open apps is equivalent to active frames, then swiping is equivalent to tapping the x. Both have similar methods of clearing the ram on particular apps, although is kind of pointless. The app doesn't keep running after it's been close on android, only when it's been minimized, similar to bb10
    You're talking about on kit kat, I'm talking about lolipop
    The "Overview" is still an extremely lengthy list of apps... the presentation has changed not the content.

Resource management/ usage by cached apps in the background has surely been tweaked though.

 Q5 / Z30
    05-11-15 01:49 AM