Dude, nobody said anything about the phone's performance, just the battery life, 18 hours is not acceptable, moderate use lasts 48 hours easy on a 9700 without turning it off at night, big difference.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    You are comparing a full touchscreen device with twice the specs, almost double the screen size (and resolution) which is also a SAMOLED screen (uses more battery), to a small QWERTY/trackpad device. Not to mention that the device is doing all the work by itself and doesn't have a NOC behind it. 18 hours is pretty good (definitely acceptable) for a device will said specifications.

The Vibrant also has longer talk time than the 9700. I was never able to get 48 hours out of my 9700. I was lucky to get 24.
    10-21-10 01:53 AM
    You are comparing a full touchscreen device with twice the specs, almost double the screen size (and resolution) which is also a SAMOLED screen (uses more battery), to a small QWERTY/trackpad device. Not to mention that the device is doing all the work by itself and doesn't have a NOC behind it. 18 hours is pretty good (definitely acceptable) for a device will said specifications.

Lol, what your point, we knew that already otherwise the joke would've worked.

The Vibrant also has longer talk time than the 9700. I was never able to get 48 hours out of my 9700. I was lucky to get 24.
    You must've had your 9700 when it first came out, battery life has improved drastically with every new OS, I believe the exact opposite happened to the Vibrant after the last update.

10-21-10 02:47 AM
    You must've had your 9700 when it first came out, battery life has improved drastically with every new OS, I believe the exact opposite happened to the Vibrant after the last update.

I did have the 9700 when it first came out. I'm glad that after some time the battery life has gotten better. Too bad it didn't come that way out of the box. It was much better than the 9000 though (although the 9000 is my favorite BB). The Vibrant has had one update I believe. Maybe it's battery life will be adressed soon.
    10-21-10 02:56 AM
    Question : how long had he gone w/o charing the battery?

It's funny to assume the assumption that you assumed by the situation at hand, but without all of the little details this thread is about as useless as a screen door on a submarine.

And the only time you'll see a Blackberry faster than a vibrant is when the vibrant's battery is dead.

You're a ******.... You couldn't just let buddy have his laugh and share his story.... Lol you want background checks and details and **** maybe you want a time machine so you can go back in time and go to the store they were at so you could pop up and be like " hey can you give me the backstory to you're phones battery being dead" them you could come back and tell us all the rEAL story with all the juicy details!

Don't look so deep into things buddy.

10-21-10 03:10 AM
    I did have the 9700 when it first came out. I'm glad that after some time the battery life has gotten better. Too bad it didn't come that way out of the box. It was much better than the 9000 though (although the 9000 is my favorite BB). The Vibrant has had one update I believe. Maybe it's battery life will be adressed soon.
    Everybody knows blackberrys mature with age, a bit like wines, or cheese lol
    I do have a 9000 that just sits in my car, it has my old no on it and gets my work and a one personal email and the odd phone call. It literally lasts a week and it's been sitting out in near freezing temperatures at night.

10-21-10 03:25 AM
    Everybody knows blackberrys mature with age, a bit like wines, or cheese lol
    I do have a 9000 that just sits in my car, it has my old no on it and gets my work and a one personal email and the odd phone call. It literally lasts a week and it's been sitting out in near freezing temperatures at night.

Yea, I wasn't able to give it time due to having 5 different 9700's each with terrible build quality. Oh well, things worked out for the best anyways.

The 9000 is a beast. Mine use to last that long as well when I used it to just stream music in my car.
    10-21-10 04:07 AM
    Yea, I wasn't able to give it time due to having 5 different 9700's each with terrible build quality. Oh well, things worked out for the best anyways.

The 9000 is a beast. Mine use to last that long as well when I used it to just stream music in my car.
    Lol, you probably got the mexican ones, we get the hungarian blackberrys here, I think they're better built.

10-21-10 04:18 AM
    Dude, nobody said anything about the phone's performance, just the battery life, 18 hours is not acceptable, moderate use lasts 48 hours easy on a 9700 without turning it off at night, big difference.

18-20 hours on a single charge is perfectly acceptable. Unless you stay awake for 48 hours routinely.
    10-21-10 04:43 AM
    18-20 hours on a single charge is perfectly acceptable. Unless you stay awake for 48 hours routinely.
    That's only acceptable with heavy heavy use.

10-21-10 05:02 AM
    Lol, you probably got the mexican ones, we get the hungarian blackberrys here, I think they're better built.

I had both Mexican and Hungarian made ones. The Mexican ones were worse than the Hungarian ones, but both were not acceptable. It could be though that it was the first batch, but I usually never get faulty devices on launch. Maybe all the times I didn't added up and piled onto the 9700s I was getting lol. My 9000 was built in Hungary and was great quality.
    10-21-10 05:31 AM
    I had both Mexican and Hungarian made ones. The Mexican ones were worse than the Hungarian ones, but both were not acceptable. It could be though that it was the first batch, but I usually never get faulty devices on launch. Maybe all the times I didn't added up and piled onto the 9700s I was getting lol. My 9000 was built in Hungary and was great quality.
    Lol, getting off topic here but I could so live with the 9000 restricted memory if only it had the 9700 camera I take lots of photos and bbm them to friend aboard, or home, depends how you look at it and to my wife if I'm out with the kids etc

10-21-10 06:08 AM
    Lol, getting off topic here but I could so live with the 9000 restricted memory if only it had the 9700 camera I take lots of photos and bbm them to friend aboard, or home, depends how you look at it and to my wife if I'm out with the kids etc

To this day I would still chose the 9000 over the 9700 or any other BB out or being released shortly. The 9000 size is amazing. It had limited memory, but I managed it very well so it wasn't too frustrating. Most of the apps I had didn't leak memory either.
    10-21-10 06:59 AM
    So funny, the different perspectives. I hated the size of my 9000. It was my least favourite device. I could never type with one hand, it was so large my thumb couldn"t reach out to the far letters comfortably.
    Hubby loved his, yet he transitioned easily to the Torch.

10-21-10 07:08 AM
    So funny, the different perspectives. I hated the size of my 9000. It was my least favourite device. I could never type with one hand, it was so large my thumb couldn"t reach out to the far letters comfortably.

Yea I have big hands so the 9000's keyboard was a blessing. Going from the 9000 to the 9700 keyboard was extremely awkward for me as well, but I started to get use to it right before I returned it and then went back to my 9000 and felt right at home. That is why I love my 4.3' screen. Fits perfectly in my hand, and I am able to use it in one hand with ease.

When I had my 9000, the majority of woman I know had Curves or Pearls, now some of them moved to the Bold because it is very small as well. They all loved my 9000 but they said it was too big for them. Just like my DX is too big. They like the 3.5-3.7' screens instead.
    10-21-10 07:17 AM
    You're a ******.... You couldn't just let buddy have his laugh and share his story.... Lol you want background checks and details and **** maybe you want a time machine so you can go back in time and go to the store they were at so you could pop up and be like " hey can you give me the backstory to you're phones battery being dead" them you could come back and tell us all the rEAL story with all the juicy details!

Don't look so deep into things buddy.

Call me what you will.

This is called the INTERNET, or INTERWEBS (depending on the jargin you are speaking).. Anyone can be a tough man setting behind a keyboard.

And as said before, whole underlining point is, this could happen to ANYONE, with ANY PHONE, at ANY TIME. To single out that it happened to be a knuckle head rocking a Vibrant is about as fanboish as you can get.

And i will continue to read into things when the story is so one sided, so lopsided that is just posted to say "hey look __________ failed again." the device didn't fail, the knucklehead did.

Last edited by mjneid; 10-21-10 at 08:01 AM.
    10-21-10 07:30 AM
    So once again my gf had me running around to different carriers looking for a new cell for herself. We had stopped every where, all the major carriers then target and at last Walmart. So we are standing at the cell phone display looking at T-Mobile phones she's really trying to decide over the BB Bold 9700 and the Samsung Vibrant. I keep telling her to go for the Samsung cause she really wants streaming video and stuff like that. Then another guy comes up and kinda gets involved in the smartphone debate with us. She ask him what phones here he thinks are good. He instantly points to the Vibrant and says this is their (T-mobiles) best one. She says what about the bold have you ever used that one?

The Vibrant is better and faster he says, its what I use see (he pulls it out of his pocket). She ask him "It does you tube well? Can you show me a video from it?"
    I would, he says but my batteries dead.

I pull out my bold, (65% battery life left) and say to him "Really? It looks like my bold is quite fast compared to your Vibrant"
    I liked your story, very humorous. It's too bad that others are becoming very sensitive over a simple story like yours. But it happens.
    10-21-10 07:53 AM
    Call me what you will.

This is called the INTERNET, or INTERWEBS (depending on the jargin you are speaking).. Anyone can be a tough man setting behind a keyboard.

And as said before, whole underlining point is, this could happen to ANYONE, with ANY PHONE, at ANY TIME. To single out that it happened to be a knuckle head rocking a Vibrant is about as fanboish as you can get.

And i will continue to read into things when the story is so one sided, so lopsided that is just posted to say "hey look __________ failed again." the device didn't fail, the knucklehead did.

Let it go.

10-21-10 08:16 AM

The irony is the 9700 form factor replaced the 9000 form factor but a new 9000 can't and shouldn't replace the 9700 as it really is the perfect compromise.

10-21-10 09:00 AM
    The irony is the 9700 form factor replaced the 9000 form factor but a new 9000 can't and shouldn't replace the 9700 as it really is the perfect compromise.

They should just make a new 9000 with up to date specs. That would make a whole lot of BB users happy and may bring some back. I know I would definitely buy it, it probably wouldn't be my primary device but I would want it instantly.
    10-21-10 09:32 AM

I agree with that.
    10-21-10 09:32 AM
    I agree with that.
    I agree with that too. but an updated 9000 with half touchscreen/keyboard and BB6 would be epic!
    10-21-10 09:34 AM
    That's only acceptable with heavy heavy use.

And if it makes it from the time you wake up till you go to bed, that's all you need. No one uses their device while they sleep so anything over a day is great but unnecessary.
    10-21-10 10:51 AM
    And if it makes it from the time you wake up till you go to bed, that's all you need. No one uses their device while they sleep so anything over a day is great but unnecessary.
    That leaves no room for error though.

10-21-10 12:16 PM
    That leaves no room for error though.

I realize there's select groups and individuals that don't/cant always make it back to a charger in that amount of time (i.e: emergency personel) but for most of us, 18-20 hours is perfectly fine. And for anyone who uses a touchscreen heavily, it's a goal.
    10-21-10 12:55 PM
    Original story is pretty funny. Can any rep confirm if there's a higher payout for selling droid phones?
    10-21-10 01:33 PM
139 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD