Probably because some users singled out one Android user on the first page just because he thought this story wasn't funny, and then a BB users claimed it was Android users as a whole. It's funny because the user they attacked specifically said he wasn't defending any platform, he simply though it was not funny no matter what device it was.
    Perfectly worded... I didn't think i was be that difficult to understand.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-10 07:29 AM
    Perfectly worded... I didn't think i was be that difficult to understand.

Well, you two seem to understand each other perfectly, can't argue with that lol

10-20-10 07:45 AM
    Well, you two seem to understand each other perfectly, can't argue with that lol

we don't understand each other perfectly, we've gone back a forth in the Android world before. But we are mature enough to understand that we just disagree sometimes.

Like with this story. It's not a funny story in the least. If anything it proved the guy was not the brightest for mentioning his _________ phone could do _________ better than a __________ phone, when his battery is dead.

but it's not funny in least.... humorous? eh,, ever so slightly, like the american version of The Office.... enough to make you smile,,, but forget it as soon as you take a leak....

10-20-10 07:55 AM
    What I'm saying is you could've came up with a comeback to the OP's joke instead of these little rants.

Why would I come up with a come back? The joke isn't on me, it is on the guy with the Vibrant. These little rants are about you guys taking what someone posted totally the wrong way.
    10-20-10 12:29 PM

It is common sense. If you re-read the OPs explanation of what this story was meant for, maybe you would understand to. And if you reread mjneid's posts, they are pretty easy to understand especially when he straight up says...

i'm not attacking blackberry nor defending Android here...
    This is not a Apple v. Blackberry v. Android thing. It's "THAT CAN HAPPEN TO ANY PHONE WHEN THEY ARE NOT CHARGED" thing. Why do you not understand that?
    What is hard to understand about that? But please, before you comment, please remove the magical "RIM cloud" in your head that's interfering with your common sense. These quotes are pretty damn easy to understand.
    10-20-10 12:41 PM
    Question : how long had he gone w/o charing the battery?

It's funny to assume the assumption that you assumed by the situation at hand, but without all of the little details this thread is about as useless as a screen door on a submarine.

And the only time you'll see a Blackberry faster than a vibrant is when the vibrant's battery is dead.

From the first page. first negative response to the op. But you never attacked BB or defended a vibrant right? Then what's up with the last thing you wrote?

Just saying........

10-20-10 01:53 PM
    From the first page. first negative response to the op. But you never attacked BB or defended a vibrant right? Then what's up with the last thing you wrote?

Just saying........

That's not an attack. its a fact of life. The Vibrant has a 1G processor and more GB than any RIM product on the market uses.... ITS BOUND TO BE FASTER....

If i go out and say a stock Porsche Carrera GT is faster than any current stock Chevrolet... am i really beating up on Chevrolet... not really. It's just a fact of life.... can that change? absolutely!! but as of this moment it time... it's a fact, not a attack. .

10-20-10 02:10 PM
    That's not an attack. its a fact of life. The Vibrant has a 1G processor and more GB than any RIM product on the market uses.... ITS BOUND TO BE FASTER....

If i go out and say a stock Porsche Carrera GT is faster than any current stock Chevrolet... am i really beating up on Chevrolet... not really. It's just a fact of life.... can that change? absolutely!! but as of this moment it time... it's a fact, not a attack. .

Sure, it's faster, but it will run out of juice faster too, hence the irony in the joke, should we remind you about the hare and turtle story? Lol

And by the way, it can't really be faster if you watch youtube, unless Androids can play it in fast forward lol

Lastly, Dudes, just let it go and move on. It's still a funny story no mater what you say.

10-20-10 02:23 PM
    Sure, it's faster, but it will run out of juice faster too, hence the irony in the joke, should we remind you about the hare and turtle story? Lol

And by the way, it can't really be faster if you watch youtube, unless Androids can play it in fast forward lol

Lastly, Dudes, just let it go and move on. It's still a funny story no mater what you say.

I am very familiar with the Tortoise and the Hare, principles may apply to certain things but not really. If i go out and want to get in a LeMans race, running @ 55MPH will get me no where... Just saying.

And considering YouTube you are correct. Only Fast Forward would fit the bill but it looks awful good on that Super OLED screen...

10-20-10 02:29 PM
    I am very familiar with the Tortoise and the Hare, principles may apply to certain things but not really. If i go out and want to get in a LeMans race, running @ 55MPH will get me no where... Just saying.

And considering YouTube you are correct. Only Fast Forward would fit the bill but it looks awful good on that Super OLED screen...

See, now that's a comeback, much better then moaning lol

10-20-10 02:32 PM

Youtube might not be faster but it streams in better quality compared to any BB I have ever owned. The only other device that comes close is the iPhone.

Funny to you isn't always funny to someone else, but I guess you will just dismiss that remark as well. That being said, for those who find this funny, enjoy, for those who don't, obviously you are not alone.
    10-20-10 02:35 PM
    Youtube might not be faster but it streams in better quality compared to any BB I have ever owned. The only other device that comes close is the iPhone.

Funny to you isn't always funny to someone else, but I guess you will just dismiss that remark as well. That being said, for those who find this funny, enjoy, for those who don't, obviously you are not alone.
    Since when is youtube about quality? Most videos are low quality to start with.

10-20-10 02:42 PM

The Chevy is faster if the porsche won't start.

10-20-10 02:43 PM
    Since when is youtube about quality? Most videos are low quality to start with.

All the videos I view are streamed in high quality and shown in HD. No slow loading times and they look great. I don't know what you are talking about.
    10-20-10 02:52 PM
    The Chevy is faster if the porsche won't start.

Bingo - and i said that same thing in my first post on this thread.... just some people blew it up.

10-20-10 02:54 PM
    All the videos I view are streamed in high quality and shown in HD. No slow loading times and they look great. I don't know what you are talking about.
    They might be but most videos uploaded are not uploaded in HD quality. Anyway, the screen is not really big enough to tell the difference unless you have a perfect eyesight.

I'm one of those people that doesn't like HD even on TV as it sort of takes away some of the magic from movies. Nature programs yes, movies no.

10-20-10 03:28 PM
    They might be but most videos uploaded are not uploaded in HD quality. Anyway, the screen is not really big enough to tell the difference unless you have a perfect eyesight.

I'm one of those people that doesn't like HD even on TV as it sort of takes away some of the magic from movies. Nature programs yes, movies no.

Actually it is pretty easy to tell the difference when you have a decent size high resolution screen. Tons of videos now are uploaded in HD format as well. Actually, most of the videos I have viewed over the past few months all have an HD option. You do not need perfect eyesight to see the difference, it is pretty obvious. Also the ability to view videos in HTML5 format is very nice. I had an HD movie on my phone and and a standard format (both installed to the SD card). The HD version looked MUCH better. It also looked great on my TV via HDMI out.

I am one of those people who will watch anything in HD. Normal shows look better, cartoons look better, movies look better, sports look better and nature programs look better (like Life and Planet Earth). Every TV in my house is an HDTV. Xbox360 looks great on it as well.
    Last edited by avt123; 10-20-10 at 03:46 PM.
    10-20-10 03:43 PM
    Actually it is pretty easy to tell the difference when you have a decent size high resolution screen. Tons of videos now are uploaded in HD format as well. Actually, most of the videos I have viewed over the past few months all have an HD option. You do not need perfect eyesight to see the difference, it is pretty obvious. Also the ability to view videos in HTML5 format is very nice. I had an HD movie on my phone and and a standard format (both installed to the SD card). The HD version looked MUCH better. It also looked great on my TV via HDMI out.

I am one of those people who will watch anything in HD. Normal shows look better, cartoons look better, movies look better, sports look better and nature programs look better (like Life and Planet Earth). Every TV in my house is an HDTV. Xbox360 looks great on it as well.
    Well, I am colour blind so that would be sooooo wasted on me lol

10-20-10 03:48 PM
    Well, I am colour blind so that would be sooooo wasted on me lol

Ah ok well that explains some things lol...Images should still appear sharper though no?
    10-20-10 04:39 PM
    Hilarious.

*looks at my Samsung Vibrant, off the charger at 3 am this morning, now 7:30 at night, 52% battery with live wallpaper, wifi and 50% brightness*

Yep. It sure has BAD battery life. Your story is clearly the truth of all Vibrants.
    10-20-10 06:38 PM
    Well, nobody in the right mind could suggest that the 9700 battery life is not much better then and android phone. However, having never even heard of the Samsung Vibrant, a quick google search for "vibrant battery life" revealed many complaints, a particular one about not being able to record video fro more then 45 minutes after the last update so it seems to me the OP scenario is quite possible.

I'd read my last post. I suppose I should add I have the stock battery and the phone isn't rooted nor do I use task killers. So, your google search is very, very scientific. Try someone who dealt with the abysmal OS on Berries who actually owns a Vibrant and has for some time now, that would be someone who would have a bit more of a knowledge over someone who never heard of the phone and had to use google to form an opinion. I could use google to form an opinion on the Torch too.

Oh, and before I forget, I carried a spare battery on every Berry I owned. I don't own one for the Vibrant.

Still waiting for the funny...
    Last edited by reeneebob; 10-20-10 at 06:50 PM.
    10-20-10 06:42 PM
    I'd read my last post. I suppose I should add I have the stock battery and the phone isn't rooted nor do I use task killers. So, your google search is very, very scientific. Try someone who dealt with the abysmal OS on Berries who actually owns a Vibrant and has for some time now, that would be someone who would have a bit more of a knowledge over someone who never heard of the phone and had to use google to form an opinion. I could use google to form an opinion on the Torch too.

Oh, and before I forget, I carried a spare battery on every Berry I owned. I don't own one for the Vibrant.

Still waiting for the funny...
    My google search pointed me to android forums and the main reasons I did it was because I didn't know what a Vibrant was.
    What you didn't say was how much you actually used the phone. I have a 9000 in my car that gets emails for 2 accounts and I charge it once a week.

But, since you asked where the funny was, I'll say it again, the joke my friend is in your hand lol

10-20-10 07:15 PM
    I'm sorry, I just will not allow people run down the performance of a phone that doesn't deserve it. I had heard all about how bad Android was for battery, and I was a little leery to try one because of what I had read on the internet. Shockingly, the internet blew it out of proportion. Your google search turned up the same stuff that almost talked me out of the phone in the first place, and those posts are the complete opposite of what I have actually experienced every single day for the last 2+ months. And truthfully, who needs more than 18 hours out of the battery? Are you using the phone in your sleep? oooooo you plug your 9000 in once a week. Wow. So awesome for you. I know how inconvenient it is to me to have my phone plugged in while I sleep, As long as I can wake up in the morning and go to bed at night with 50% charge, I'm happy.

I use my phone for web browsing, watching media, mp3 player, 100 plus texts a day. Facebook is synced at all times, as are 2 email accounts. I also make use of GPS at times.

I am easily a moderate to heavy user. I use it more than I ever used my berries because, frankly, it does more.

There is no joke in my hand, there is the best damned smartphone I have used in the last 2+ years.
    Last edited by reeneebob; 10-20-10 at 09:19 PM.
    10-20-10 09:16 PM
    So once again my gf had me running around to different carriers looking for a new cell for herself. We had stopped every where, all the major carriers then target and at last Walmart. So we are standing at the cell phone display looking at T-Mobile phones she's really trying to decide over the BB Bold 9700 and the Samsung Vibrant. I keep telling her to go for the Samsung cause she really wants streaming video and stuff like that. Then another guy comes up and kinda gets involved in the smartphone debate with us. She ask him what phones here he thinks are good. He instantly points to the Vibrant and says this is their (T-mobiles) best one. She says what about the bold have you ever used that one?

The Vibrant is better and faster he says, its what I use see (he pulls it out of his pocket). She ask him "It does you tube well? Can you show me a video from it?"
    I would, he says but my batteries dead.

I pull out my bold, (65% battery life left) and say to him "Really? It looks like my bold is quite fast compared to your Vibrant"
    I thought it was humorous.
    10-20-10 10:24 PM
    I'm sorry, I just will not allow people run down the performance of a phone that doesn't deserve it. I had heard all about how bad Android was for battery, and I was a little leery to try one because of what I had read on the internet. Shockingly, the internet blew it out of proportion. Your google search turned up the same stuff that almost talked me out of the phone in the first place, and those posts are the complete opposite of what I have actually experienced every single day for the last 2+ months. And truthfully, who needs more than 18 hours out of the battery? Are you using the phone in your sleep? oooooo you plug your 9000 in once a week. Wow. So awesome for you. I know how inconvenient it is to me to have my phone plugged in while I sleep, As long as I can wake up in the morning and go to bed at night with 50% charge, I'm happy.

I use my phone for web browsing, watching media, mp3 player, 100 plus texts a day. Facebook is synced at all times, as are 2 email accounts. I also make use of GPS at times.

I am easily a moderate to heavy user. I use it more than I ever used my berries because, frankly, it does more.

There is no joke in my hand, there is the best damned smartphone I have used in the last 2+ years.
    Dude, nobody said anything about the phone's performance, just the battery life, 18 hours is not acceptable, moderate use lasts 48 hours easy on a 9700 without turning it off at night, big difference.

10-21-10 01:19 AM
139 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD