The European and Canadian version (HTC Desire g2 or something) has HTC's Sense and so will be crap.
    Quadrant scores are are not the be all end all benchmark. Also, if you have ever used Sense, you would know it does not slow the device down. The Incredible and Evo are extremely fast. Sense is the best software skin for Android. Just because the numbers are lower doesn't necessarily mean it is slower. The app had the SGS scoring lower the the DX when they were both on 2.1, yet the SGS has better hardware. This is with TouchWiz UI on or off.

Trust me, I prefer stock, but Sense is great.
    10-19-10 12:35 PM
    Quadrant scores are are not the be all end all benchmark. Also, if you have ever used Sense, you would know it does not slow the device down. The Incredible and Evo are extremely fast. Sense is the best software skin for Android. Just because the numbers are lower doesn't necessarily mean it is slower. The app had the SGS scoring lower the the DX when they were both on 2.1, yet the SGS has better hardware. This is with TouchWiz UI on or off.

Trust me, I prefer stock, but Sense is great.
    Isn't the SGS RAM partitioned? I think that is the main reason for the slower Q scores on the X and it on 2.1? Doesnt Quad run the framwork of the OS? Isn't it testing the ROM and Kernel/CPU/GPU/RAM? I believe the 540 is a big step up from the 530, but with the 540 on the SGS nearly partitioned in half, the OS can't utilize it as it would if it were free? UI is all a preference. Sence is real good, but there is room for debate. The Evo is a sick device.
    10-19-10 12:48 PM
    Isn't the SGS RAM partitioned? I think that is the main reason for the slower Q scores on the X and it on 2.1? Doesnt Quad run the framwork of the OS? Isn't it testing the ROM and Kernel/CPU/GPU/RAM? I believe the 540 is a big step up from the 530, but with the 540 on the SGS nearly partitioned in half, the OS can't utilize it as it would if it were free? UI is all a preference. Sence is real good, but there is room for debate. The Evo is a sick device.
    Yes, but that is how the device comes stock. If you install the lag fix then it is 2000+. You can change the build.prop file on the DX to render a certain file faster and the DX can get in the 2000-2300+ as well. I'm talking stock experience though.
    10-19-10 12:55 PM
    And so far the only ones that commented it was funny are BB owners. No Android, iPhone, Palm or WinMo owner has let out a "lol" yet, and there are plenty of those users on this site.

I can see the humor in the story, and know that it can happen to any phone. I guess I understands both sides. This isn't something that would make me laugh in real life though, my reaction would be more of an "ouch" type remark.

Actually describing your sense of humor means you have a CERTAIN sense of humor. I don't think racist jokes are funny, but I'm sure racists do. Only ignorant people do not understand this.
    A quick google search for "vibrant battery life" will provide you with enough reasons to believe the OP story is quite plausible therefore funny in an ironic manner.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-10 01:01 PM
    A quick google search for "vibrant battery life" will provide you with enough reasons to believe the OP story is quite plausible therefore funny in an ironic manner.

And as the OP said this wasn't about the VIBRANT. This was about a feature the person was trying to show off but their phone was dead. Who cares about the Vibrants battery life, that is not what this thread is about. But you take it the complete opposite way just because it is a device that was not manufactured by RIM.

Tell me, if it was the other way around (9700 dead battery and Vibrant working), would it have been as funny to you? Would you have been doing Google searches to double check if the OPs claim can ever be somewhat correct, or would you understand that this can happen to ANY device that runs on a battery?

It is the SAME humor no mater what device it is. But if this was posted the other way around, I guarantee this thread would either be a flamefest, or there would be 5 posts tops.
    10-19-10 01:14 PM
    And as the OP said this wasn't about the VIBRANT. This was about a feature the person was trying to show off but their phone was dead. Who cares about the Vibrants battery life, that is not what this thread is about. But you take it the complete opposite way just because it is a device that was not manufactured by RIM.

Tell me, if it was the other way around (9700 dead battery and Vibrant working), would it have been as funny to you? Would you have been doing Google searches to double check if the OPs claim can ever be somewhat correct, or would you understand that this can happen to ANY device that runs on a battery?

It is the SAME humor no mater what device it is. But if this was posted the other way around, I guarantee this thread would either be a flamefest, or there would be 5 posts tops.
    Dude, relax, you'd think we're making fun of a disability here, or are we? Lol

10-19-10 01:42 PM
    Dude, relax, you'd think we're making fun of a disability here, or are we? Lol

I am relaxed, I just find it funny how you have to do research to prove something the OP wasn't trying to prove just to get your point across meanwhile that wasn't the main objective. And then with your current response, you have to throw in the sarcasm (Vibrant battery life being the disability, I know what you were getting at) to continue with your bull****. Arrogance at its finest.
    Last edited by avt123; 10-19-10 at 01:53 PM.
    10-19-10 01:45 PM
    I am relaxed, I just find it funny how you have to do research to prove something the OP wasn't trying to prove just to get your point across meanwhile that wasn't the main objective. Oh well.
    If you read my earlier response you will see that I did research because I didn't know what the vibrant was. And I wouldn't call a simple google search "research"
    What I don't get is why are you getting so upset?

10-19-10 01:51 PM
    If you read my earlier response you will see that I did research because I didn't know what the vibrant was. And I wouldn't call a simple google search "research"
    What I don't get is why are you getting so upset?

I'm not upset, I find this funny. I don't even own the device so there is no reason for me to be upset.

And yes, your earlier search wasn't "what is a samsung vibrant" it was "vibrant battery life". This just shows you do not understand what the OP was getting at and the humor. You are specifically trying to single out this specific device compared to your beloved 9700. Meanwhile, the OP was just trying to show the humor in this scenario, which can happen to ANY phone no matter if it has 1000 hours of battery life of 5 minutes. If it isn't charged, it isn't charged.

You had to make this about the 9700s "superior" battery life when that's what it wasn't about. As quoted below..

Well, nobody in the right mind could suggest that the 9700 battery life is not much better then and android phone.
    And nobody in their right mind would assume this is the case for everyone. My 9700 battery drained faster than my Droid X does. Are you going to sit here and tell me I'm insane? I also know people who have the iPhone 4 and it lasts longer than the 9700. Are they out of their mind as well?
    10-19-10 02:01 PM
    The humour was that the device fit the stereotype. deal.
    10-19-10 02:02 PM
    The humour was that the device fit the stereotype. deal.
    And in the OPs explanation, I read it as the humor being the guy saying his device is better and does better things than the phone the OP owns, meanwhile it isn't even on (while the OP's is), and he can't do said features because it is off, while the OP can because his is on.
    10-19-10 02:09 PM
    And in the OPs explanation, I read it as the humor being the guy saying his device is better and does better things than the phone the OP owns, meanwhile it isn't even on (while the OP's is), and he can't do said features because it is off, while the OP can because his is on.
    ... that too.
    10-19-10 02:14 PM
    I'm afraid this thread is becoming funnier then the original joke lol some people don't know when to stop

10-19-10 02:19 PM
    It is funny and ironic because of how it happened... We don't need to be a nit-picky with when was the last time he charged it, it doesn't matter because leading up to the "encounter" what happened happened and we got the little tale...
    10-19-10 02:21 PM
    that story was hilarious! lol one of my favorites

too bad the trolls are ruining this thread up
    10-19-10 02:44 PM
    I'm afraid this thread is becoming funnier then the original joke lol some people don't know when to stop

they're like children who have to have the last hit LOL
    10-19-10 02:45 PM
    Geez I think only the android users don't get it. The whole point was the guy didnt know I had a bold 9700 and is talking about how great a device is that isn't even working. Even a ferrari is slow when it runs out of gas. I think android users in this thread should look up the word "irony". It was classic Irony at its best thats all.
    10-19-10 04:09 PM
    Geez I think only the android users don't get it. The whole point was the guy didnt know I had a bold 9700 and is talking about how great a device is that isn't even working. Even a ferrari is slow when it runs out of gas. I think android users in this thread should look up the word "irony". It was classic Irony at its best thats all.
    Actually we did get it, some just didn't think it was funny. I do see the humor though (my previous posts states this). My last post is basically what you just said.
    10-19-10 04:39 PM
    Its hysterical how bent some peeps get on this site over cell phones...and for real need a reality check and maybe a sense of humor...

Also if this met to anybody, how come only the Andriod fanboys are getting a stick in their.....

Lighten up people and take a joke!

Sandman, good thing I am not a BB fanboi, rather a BB owner who likes his "current" phone.

One day may go back to Andriod, but some of these people make it hard...don't want to have a closed mind...

10-19-10 04:56 PM
    Its hysterical how bent some peeps get on this site over cell phones...and for real need a reality check and maybe a sense of humor...

Lighten up people and take a joke!

Sandman, good thing I am not a BB fanboi, rather a BB owner who likes his "current" phone.

One day may go back to Andriod, but some of these people make it hard...don't want to have a closed mind...

So, because some Android users are "fanboys" (like the majority of the BB users on this site) it makes it hard for you to go back to the platform? The KKK wears white, but that doesn't stop me from wearing a white t-shirt.

Some people take things too technical. I thought of this story as more of a "burn!" (not to Android users, to the guy who owned the vibrant) than a joke.

Also if this met to anybody, how come only the Andriod fanboys are getting a stick in their.....
    Probably because some users singled out one Android user on the first page just because he thought this story wasn't funny, and then a BB users claimed it was Android users as a whole. It's funny because the user they attacked specifically said he wasn't defending any platform, he simply though it was not funny no matter what device it was.
    Last edited by avt123; 10-19-10 at 05:21 PM.
    10-19-10 05:18 PM
    So, because some Android users are "fanboys" (like the majority of the BB users on this site) it makes it hard for you to go back to the platform? The KKK wears white, but that doesn't stop me from wearing a white t-shirt.

Some people take things too technical. I thought of this story as more of a "burn!" (not to Android users, to the guy who owned the vibrant) than a joke.

Probably because some users singled out one Android user on the first page just because he thought this story wasn't funny, and then a BB users claimed it was Android users as a whole. It's funny because the user they attacked specifically said he wasn't defending any platform, he simply though it was not funny no matter what device it was.
    Ever heard of a "comeback"? It's what you do after one makes a joke.

10-19-10 05:54 PM
    Ever heard of a "comeback"? It's what you do after one makes a joke.

No, I've never heard of a come back... Are you for real?

Aslo, what joke are you talking about? The only joke I see in this thread is the one the OP posted. What come back are you talking about?
    10-19-10 06:06 PM
    No, I've never heard of a come back... Are you for real?

Aslo, what joke are you talking about? The only joke I see in this thread is the one the OP posted. What come back are you talking about?
    What I'm saying is you could've came up with a comeback to the OP's joke instead of these little rants.

10-19-10 06:14 PM
    The Samsung is a great device. I almost went for that over the Torch, and only stayed on the torch for an app that only works on BB....and bbm

But it was a funny/ironic story.

Not fall down laughing in the store funny, but;
    "hmmm, that was funny he was saying how great it was but couldn't show you because his battery was dead."

Make a great LARGE display and a fast processor... what do you expect? It can die if you use it. I keep up with Android and and go on androidcentral.com pretty well every time I open crackberry. Even android people know it does not have the best battery life. I have read many comments along the lines of "I can handle having a charger in my car for this phone/screen/speed/..."

...then again maybe I made all that up.
    10-19-10 07:21 PM
    they're like children who have to have the last hit LOL
    no we are grown men who have to have the last hit... ... kids slap... we punch.

10-20-10 07:27 AM
139 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD