So once again my gf had me running around to different carriers looking for a new cell for herself. We had stopped every where, all the major carriers then target and at last Walmart. So we are standing at the cell phone display looking at T-Mobile phones she's really trying to decide over the BB Bold 9700 and the Samsung Vibrant. I keep telling her to go for the Samsung cause she really wants streaming video and stuff like that. Then another guy comes up and kinda gets involved in the smartphone debate with us. She ask him what phones here he thinks are good. He instantly points to the Vibrant and says this is their (T-mobiles) best one. She says what about the bold have you ever used that one?

The Vibrant is better and faster he says, its what I use see (he pulls it out of his pocket). She ask him "It does you tube well? Can you show me a video from it?"
    I would, he says but my batteries dead.

I pull out my bold, (65% battery life left) and say to him "Really? It looks like my bold is quite fast compared to your Vibrant"
    LMAO that's awesome!
    10-18-10 09:29 PM
    It's not funny either. If i went several days w/o charging any phone it would die....

you could easily say the same about Blackberries. They do an awesome job of messaging, until the battery dies. and my battery is dead so can i use your Android/Apple to write and email.... i went XYZ days without charging it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Um if you were a *true* BB addict, you'd have spare batteries/chargers nearby....
    10-18-10 09:30 PM
    God, fanboys make my skin crawl. Android fanboys are almost as annoying as iPhone fanboys. Anyway great little story and I appreciate your sharing!

Last edited by sf18443; 10-18-10 at 09:44 PM.
    10-18-10 09:41 PM
    oh geeze I thought it was funny. why does everything have to be analyzed ?
    10-18-10 10:05 PM
    God, fanboys make my skin crawl. Android fanboys are almost as annoying as iPhone fanboys. Anyway great little story and I appreciate your sharing!

Sort of like the BB fanboys, eh? They all are teh suck.
    10-19-10 03:46 AM
    Sort of like the BB fanboys, eh? They all are teh suck.
    Exactly why I'm not a fanboy

10-19-10 03:47 AM
    Um if you were a *true* BB addict, you'd have spare batteries/chargers nearby....
    Why would i need Chargers/batteries for Blackberries?

10-19-10 07:30 AM
    Why would i need Chargers/batteries for Blackberries?

I was thinking the same thing. I thought BB batteries lasted for weeks!
    10-19-10 08:15 AM
    I was thinking the same thing. I thought BB batteries lasted for weeks!
    Yea i thought QNX had some sort of solar panel built into the battery cover that would charge the phone, and some sort of induction magnet set up where when you walk a magnet passes back and forth through a wire coil and charger the battery......sorta like a pedometer.

guess i was wrong.

10-19-10 08:19 AM
    That is funny. what is sad is the knee **** reactions by the fanboy trolls. And to whoever mentioned plot lines, really? Really? Its an innocent story. And you failtards send it in a whole new direction. Zomg someone said a blackberry was better than android!!!!!!!!!eleven!!!!!!! Go to crackdroid.com and worship over there. Oh, no such place?

Let the guy tell a story. I got the joke. Some of you should invest in a sense of humor.

10-19-10 08:58 AM
    That is funny. what is sad is the knee **** reactions by the fanboy trolls. And to whoever mentioned plot lines, really? Really? Its an innocent story. And you failtards send it in a whole new direction. Zomg someone said a blackberry was better than android!!!!!!!!!eleven!!!!!!! Go to crackdroid.com and worship over there. Oh, no such place?

Let the guy tell a story. I got the joke. Some of you should invest in a sense of humor.

Don't worry, they're only embarrassing themselves.

10-19-10 09:02 AM

Dude i have a classic sense of humor. Honestly, But that story was not funny. And to take something blindly as that story is as funny as you claim the story to be. This is not a Apple v. Blackberry v. Android thing. It's "THAT CAN HAPPEN TO ANY PHONE WHEN THEY ARE NOT CHARGED" thing. Why do you not understand that?

10-19-10 09:18 AM
    Dude i have a classic sense of humor. Honestly, But that story was not funny. And to take something blindly as that story is as funny as you claim the story to be. This is not a Apple v. Blackberry v. Android thing. It's "THAT CAN HAPPEN TO ANY PHONE WHEN THEY ARE NOT CHARGED" thing. Why do you not understand that?

It's funny how only android owners don't find it funny. And anybody that describes their own sense of humour doesn't actually have one lol

10-19-10 09:33 AM

...It never happened to me...
    10-19-10 09:37 AM

It wasn't gut busting or anything but it was still humorous. Yeah it could happen to anyone, I don't see what that has to do with anything.

And like the Irish guy said, if you have to describe your sense of humor you really don't have one.

10-19-10 09:58 AM
    It's funny how only android owners don't find it funny. And anybody that describes their own sense of humour doesn't actually have one lol

That sounds like a person attack, say "i'm sowwy" or i'm reporting you to Al Gore, head policeman of the internets if you didn't know it.....

10-19-10 09:59 AM
    That sounds like a person attack, say "i'm sowwy" or i'm reporting you to Al Gore, head policeman of the internets if you didn't know it.....

Sorry attempt for a joke

10-19-10 10:17 AM
    Sorry attempt for a joke

believe what you want. i never meant it to be a joke. It's most likely been said 9.2 million times.

Look i'm going to lay it down for you guys.

It's an absolute RIOT that you fanberries only look at the device posted next to the avatar on this site. I've own 8 different blackberries, 2 different windows mobile phone and some iOS powered devices. I never made this thread a Blackberry v. ___________ thread. You self-righteous FanBerries turned it into one when i asked a simple question of "how long has it been since the Vibrant's battery had been charged?" It has nothing to do with the OS, the Screen or the Hardware, it has EVERYTHING to do with the chance of the owner of the phone not charging the battery recently. IF you own a BMW/ Audi/ Mercedes Benz, what good does it to not put fuel in the car. See what i'm getting at ... I don't care if you have an Apple, android, or blackberry it's none of my worries what you carry. And it should bother you what i carry for my phone.

but just because some knucklehead doesn't charge their phone doesn't mean it's and epic story and deserves is own 15min blip on AdultSwim.....

i'd love to know why this is such a hard thing to figure out..... "when was the last time battery on the vibrant was charged"....
    10-19-10 10:40 AM
    It's an absolute RIOT that you fanberries only look at the device posted next to the avatar on this site. I've own 8 different blackberries, 2 different windows mobile phone and some iOS powered devices. I never made this thread a Blackberry v. ___________ thread. You self-righteous FanBerries turned it into one when i asked a simple question of "how long has it been since the Vibrant's battery had been charged?" It has nothing to do with the OS, the Screen or the Hardware, it has EVERYTHING to do with the chance of the owner of the phone not charging the battery recently. IF you own a BMW/ Audi/ Mercedes Benz, what good does it to not put fuel in the car. See what i'm getting at ... I don't care if you have an Apple, android, or blackberry it's none of my worries what you carry. And it should bother you what i carry for my phone.

but just because some knucklehead doesn't charge their phone doesn't mean it's and epic story and deserves is own 15min blip on AdultSwim.....

i'd love to know why this is such a hard thing to figure out..... "when was the last time battery on the vibrant was charged"....
    First of all, you started it by quoting my rant. Second of all have you seen the 15 minute shows on adult swim? Outside of aqua teen it seems like they'll give anyone 15 minutes. And I counter your Al gore with John McCain inventing the blackberry.

10-19-10 10:53 AM
    Without being BlackBerry biased, the G2 is probably the best smartphone on T-Mobile.

I seen a video where the G2's newer 800 MHz processor out performed a 1 ghz processor. Pretty interesting.

10-19-10 10:55 AM
    Without being BlackBerry biased, the G2 is probably the best smartphone on T-Mobile.

I seen a video where the G2's newer 800 MHz processor out performed a 1 ghz processor. Pretty interesting.

Makes sense, as the G2 has no custom skins slowing it down.
    The European and Canadian version (HTC Desire g2 or something) has HTC's Sense and so will be crap.

Anyone in Canada that wants an Android should just unlock the G2 and bring it to WIND or Mobilicity.
    Last edited by grahamf; 10-19-10 at 11:13 AM.
    10-19-10 11:01 AM
    That's awesome!
    10-19-10 11:06 AM

had it has been over clocked to 1.344Ghz....
    10-19-10 11:13 AM
    believe what you want. i never meant it to be a joke. It's most likely been said 9.2 million times.

Look i'm going to lay it down for you guys.

The joke my friend, is in your hand! Lol

10-19-10 11:20 AM

And so far the only ones that commented it was funny are BB owners. No Android, iPhone, Palm or WinMo owner has let out a "lol" yet, and there are plenty of those users on this site.

I can see the humor in the story, and know that it can happen to any phone. I guess I understands both sides. This isn't something that would make me laugh in real life though, my reaction would be more of an "ouch" type remark.

Actually describing your sense of humor means you have a CERTAIN sense of humor. I don't think racist jokes are funny, but I'm sure racists do. Only ignorant people do not understand this.
    10-19-10 12:24 PM
139 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD