So once again my gf had me running around to different carriers looking for a new cell for herself. We had stopped every where, all the major carriers then target and at last Walmart. So we are standing at the cell phone display looking at T-Mobile phones she's really trying to decide over the BB Bold 9700 and the Samsung Vibrant. I keep telling her to go for the Samsung cause she really wants streaming video and stuff like that. Then another guy comes up and kinda gets involved in the smartphone debate with us. She ask him what phones here he thinks are good. He instantly points to the Vibrant and says this is their (T-mobiles) best one. She says what about the bold have you ever used that one?

The Vibrant is better and faster he says, its what I use see (he pulls it out of his pocket). She ask him "It does you tube well? Can you show me a video from it?"
    I would, he says but my batteries dead.

I pull out my bold, (65% battery life left) and say to him "Really? It looks like my bold is quite fast compared to your Vibrant"
    Last edited by [email protected]; 10-18-10 at 01:43 AM.
    10-18-10 12:34 AM
    Um....

Cool story?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-10 01:43 AM
    Ya its just a funny story, I thought berry addicts would get a kick out of it. You don't find it funny and ironic?
    10-18-10 01:53 AM
    Ya its just a funny story, I thought berry addicts would get a kick out of it. You don't find it funny and ironic?
    Lol, I do

10-18-10 02:22 AM
    Looool classic.

10-18-10 05:16 AM
    LOL!!! Where's a power source when you need one!!!

10-18-10 06:56 AM
    Question : how long had he gone w/o charing the battery?

It's funny to assume the assumption that you assumed by the situation at hand, but without all of the little details this thread is about as useless as a screen door on a submarine.

And the only time you'll see a Blackberry faster than a vibrant is when the vibrant's battery is dead.

Last edited by mjneid; 10-18-10 at 08:01 AM.
    10-18-10 07:54 AM
    Well, I find it funny in the same way that little ones or animals never do what you ask them to when you're trying to show them off.
    I think this was meant to be funny, not necessarily useful.
    That said, this goes back to the "I don't care how long my battery lasts because I'm always close to a power source" statements so popular with users of devices with abysmal battery life.

10-18-10 08:18 AM
    Well, I find it funny in the same way that little ones or animals never do what you ask them to when you're trying to show them off.
    I think this was meant to be funny, not necessarily useful.
    That said, this goes back to the "I don't care how long my battery lasts because I'm always close to a power source" statements so popular with users of devices with abysmal battery life.

It's not funny either. If i went several days w/o charging any phone it would die....

you could easily say the same about Blackberries. They do an awesome job of messaging, until the battery dies. and my battery is dead so can i use your Android/Apple to write and email.... i went XYZ days without charging it.

10-18-10 08:33 AM
    Maybe I'm in a great mood this morning!!!

10-18-10 08:39 AM
    I swear android owners on this forum must have an app that gives them instant alerts when something even remotely negative is being said about an android phone as they're always ready to attack, much like a certain communist party I don't have found memories of, eh Qbnkelt?

10-18-10 08:40 AM
    Aaahhh...yes....Nicolae...don't miss ya!!!

Anyway, I thought it was funny....who hasn't said "Watch this!!!" And had something completely fail?!?!,

Last edited by Qbnkelt; 10-18-10 at 08:49 AM.
    10-18-10 08:46 AM
    i'm not attacking blackberry nor defending Android here...

I'm asking a simple request , Question : how long had he gone w/o charing the battery?

10-18-10 08:48 AM
    i'm not attacking blackberry nor defending Android here...

I'm asking a simple request , Question : how long had he gone w/o charing the battery?

I think this was a joke, a ha-ha funny story...nothing more.

10-18-10 08:52 AM
    I think this was a joke, a ha-ha funny story...nothing more.

but it's not funny "Ha-Ha" when their are such import details left out of the story line. The Hangover would not be near as funny if it didn't have story line.

10-18-10 08:54 AM
    10-18-10 08:58 AM
    Well, nobody in the right mind could suggest that the 9700 battery life is not much better then and android phone. However, having never even heard of the Samsung Vibrant, a quick google search for "vibrant battery life" revealed many complaints, a particular one about not being able to record video fro more then 45 minutes after the last update so it seems to me the OP scenario is quite possible.

10-18-10 09:37 AM
    Well, nobody in the right mind could suggest that the 9700 battery life is not much better then and android phone. However, having never even heard of the Samsung Vibrant, a quick google search for "vibrant battery life" revealed many complaints, a particular one about not being able to record video fro more then 45 minutes after the last update so it seems to me the OP scenario is quite possible.

and if you do a search for "battery problems" here on crackberry you will get 5 pages. Now grated some of that will be Android/Apple/Palm stuff. But still... blackberries aren't out of those woods yet.... just saying...

10-18-10 11:56 AM
    Why did I even bother to read that "story"
    10-18-10 12:01 PM
    and if you do a search for "battery problems" here on crackberry you will get 5 pages. Now grated some of that will be Android/Apple/Palm stuff. But still... blackberries aren't out of those woods yet.... just saying...

I believe the 9700 is the best. And by the way, I never searched for "problems" I searched for "battery life"

10-18-10 12:01 PM
    Why did I even bother to read that "story"
    Because it will forever be listed as EPIC on Crackberry forums....
    10-18-10 12:05 PM
    Question : how long had he gone w/o charing the battery?

It's funny to assume the assumption that you assumed by the situation at hand, but without all of the little details this thread is about as useless as a screen door on a submarine.

And the only time you'll see a Blackberry faster than a vibrant is when the vibrant's battery is dead.

Well to be perfectly honest with you I hadn't charged my phone at all the night before it was on day two, no charge. There's no way he hadn't charged his phone for two days, but the point of it was anyways the classic irony that came about. It wasn't necessarily an attack against the vibrant but either way not knowing all the exact details of phone use and last charge, standing there at that time when that happened was extremely funny to me. Plus the fact that the guy didn't know I had a bold 9700 nobody had mentioned it to him until I pulled it out of my pocket at the end and said that to him.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 10-18-10 at 03:39 PM.
    10-18-10 03:33 PM
    So what did the OP's girlfriend get?

10-18-10 03:37 PM
    So what did the OP's girlfriend get?

She still didn't get a phone yet she was about too but the problem is the phones were cheaper to buy at walmart than they are at the t-mobile store but she gets a discount through here company at t-mobile but the guy at walmart didn't know how to set that up or if he even could so now we have to go check into that, but she has narrowed it down and she is pretty sure she wants a white 9700. I think she might as well wait for the 9780 though.
    10-18-10 03:41 PM
    I swear android owners on this forum must have an app that gives them instant alerts when something even remotely negative is being said about an android phone as they're always ready to attack, much like a certain communist party I don't have found memories of, eh Qbnkelt?

Comment of the day! You made me laugh.
    10-18-10 04:13 PM
139 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD