Hi there,

I recently broke my Blackberry Style in an accident and would like to get another one, i'm with Bell in Canada and they no longer carry the same device so i need to get a new one, i want to stick with the style and the most reasonable priced ones are on eBay but all are Sprint.... If i get this unlocked will it work on Bell? It should since they run the same ESN's.... IF anyone knows please let me know!! Thanks.
    06-29-11 11:42 PM
    CDMA phones are locked to the carrier and cannot be activated on another network. They cannot be "unlocked" like GSM handsets.
    Bradleh likes this.
    06-30-11 01:26 AM
    Hi there,

I recently broke my Blackberry Style in an accident and would like to get another one, i'm with Bell in Canada and they no longer carry the same device so i need to get a new one, i want to stick with the style and the most reasonable priced ones are on eBay but all are Sprint.... If i get this unlocked will it work on Bell? It should since they run the same ESN's.... IF anyone knows please let me know!! Thanks.

Go into your Bell locations, I purchased this summer a Style from Kijiji, that was Bell, and when I was in Mississauga I noticed the store their had it on the shelf, but the Barrie Store didn't

they still are in stores, just Bell doesn't list them on the website anymore
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-30-11 10:11 AM
    A GSM devices (that has a SIM slot) can be unlocked and work with other carriers, some devices will work only on 2G and others will be working great and can be used even with a pre paid SIM card... you can use any unlocked Blackberry device (like Blackberry BOLD from Verizon / T-Mobile / AT&T) with rogers GSM sim cards.
    06-30-11 10:23 AM
    A GSM devices (that has a SIM slot) can be unlocked and work with other carriers, some devices will work only on 2G and others will be working great and can be used even with a pre paid SIM card... you can use any unlocked Blackberry device (like Blackberry BOLD from Verizon / T-Mobile / AT&T) with rogers GSM sim cards.
    None of which matters in this case since the OP is asking about a CDMA phone on a CDMA network.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-11 11:52 AM
    CDMA-only devices cannot be unlocked. Unlocking means having the ability to use any GSM carrier's SIM card. The 9670 is CDMA-only and does not use SIM cards, so there is nothing to unlock.

CDMA carriers will not activate devices that are branded to other carriers. Therefore, you cannot use Sprint devices on Bell's network.

You will need to get a Bell-branded 9670.
    06-30-11 11:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD