okay soo i have a blackberry bold 9700 and i dropped it in the toilet and immediately took everything out and left it to dry for a day , then i put it in rice , when i put the battery in the red lights comes on and then goes off and then back on but the screen doesnt light ,

WHAT SHOULD I DO TO FIX IT ?
    05-28-11 09:31 AM
    you are suppose to put it in the rice to dry out, not let it dry then put it in. Leave it in the rice for a day and see if it help, but it sounds like your BB is done.
    05-28-11 09:42 AM
    Sad to say I agree with thecoach1999. Water is more or less a phone killer, you have to be very lucky for your phone to come out unaffected after it's dried out.

Your best bet would have been to remove everything and rice it straight away but I guess it's time to file an insurance claim and get a replacement phone.
    05-28-11 09:48 AM
    The device should be in the rice for at least 48hours before trying to power it up...

Sounds like your device is fried...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-11 10:24 AM
    Unfortunately, I agree it sounds like your device is done. You have to remove the battery and put it in a bag of rice immediately to have any chance of saving it. Do you have insurance?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-11 10:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD