right now bb seems to be having some network problems not alowing some people online but should i be able to use my wifi at home even with the bb network down? i think i should but i must be doing something wrong. if any one could help that would be great.
    12-22-09 06:57 PM
    If you find your Setup folder you should be able to locate the Wi-Fi icon and be able to set it up from there.
    If some of your applications also use BIS to work, you won't be able to use them until BIS is up and working again.
    12-22-09 07:22 PM
    Make sure to set the browser to hotspot browser so you can really benefit from it
    12-22-09 07:41 PM
    My understanding is that even though you're using wifi, your phone is still operating through rim's servers, so it still may not work. Try using another browser, like Bolt. That will work for sure with wifi even if rim is down.
    12-22-09 07:44 PM
    ...Try using another browser, like Bolt. That will work for sure with wifi even if rim is down.
    I thought so too. While BIS was down I couldn't connect to my WiFi network. RIM is as bad as Apple with control issues. I should be able to connect to WiFi regardless of BIS's status.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-09 10:07 AM
    Make sure to set the browser to hotspot browser so you can really benefit from it
    What do you mean by really benefiting from it ? I still haven't gotten the chance of bowsing Through a wi-fi network (lack of time), so , I'm pretty curious about it
    12-23-09 02:06 PM
    I noticed that the hotspot setting makes the browser faster. Over WiFi, that is. I think it forces the browser to use the WiFi connection instead of BIS.
    Last edited by diegonei; 12-23-09 at 02:21 PM.
    12-23-09 02:18 PM
    Well, it should, because otherwis I see no difference between the two modes Is there any visual difference between the two modes ?
    12-23-09 02:22 PM
    It's just faster. Faster enough for me to notice hehe.
    12-23-09 03:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD