hey i got my phone unlocked already back home..and im in hong kong right now. I just bought a prepaid sim card 3g with data from "3" mobile.....i put it in and everything works great except broser and BBM....not sure why..any advice?? i also notice my phone is missing those 4 little bb dots beside the reception bar.. but instead it shows 3G..

thx
    12-15-10 08:54 AM
    take your battery out for 30 seconds while its on and then put it back in and it will start working and make sure you have a blackberry service
    12-15-10 09:16 AM
    Thats probably because you are using it over a prepaid account,and as far as i know prepaid doesn`t support BIS!
    Try it via Wi-fi,maybe that will help,but am not sure!
    12-15-10 09:21 AM
    Thats probably because you are using it over a prepaid account,and as far as i know prepaid doesn`t support BIS!
    Try it via Wi-fi,maybe that will help,but am not sure!
    The prepaid data plan has to support BIS for bbm and emails to work...
    12-15-10 10:35 AM
    Yeah, you need to make sure it supports BIS before buying the card.

I ran into the same problem when I was visiting Hong Kong this past Oct 2011. I bought the card and it worked on my iPhone 4 with no hitch, but blackberry couldn't use the data through 3G.

Good luck as well, as it seems Blackberry doesn't have much reach in HK, and pretty much nobody knows anything about there.
    01-17-12 10:37 AM
    Your SIM card don't support BIS. Talk to the carrier rep, doubt it will helps cause HongKong as far as I know are Iphone fanatics
    01-17-12 12:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD