My Blackberry has gone insane. Or maybe I broke it, I don't know. I unlocked my Blackberry using one of those online services. I was given a MEP code and I followed the instructions exactly. Exactly. I know I didn't screw up here. Since then, however, I've been unable to receive calls. I can make calls but whenever somebody tries to call me, they get some robotic woman telling them that "Unfortunately we can not complete your call as dialed. Please check the number and try your call again".

I switched the SIM card out to another phone and I had no problems on making/receiving calls there, so I know the problem is with my Blackberry (Curve, if it matters). I've tried taking out the battery and replacing it, but that hasn't helped so far.

So please, fellow crackheads, help me. What did I do to my poor Blackberry? What solutions do I need to try? Please dumb down your instructions, as technology is (obviously) not my friend.
    03-22-10 10:16 PM
    When you go to Options>Advanced Options>SIM card and type mepd what do you see?

If it is unlocked Network and Service Provider should say "Disabled."
    03-22-10 10:19 PM
    It says that everything is disabled.
    03-22-10 10:20 PM
    It says that everything is disabled.
    What carrier's SIM card are you using? Is the SIM card old? It is possible that you might need a newer SIM card.
    03-22-10 10:23 PM
    The SIM card is almost 2 years old and it's from Rogers Wireless (Canada). The card works fine on my older phone though? And it had been working perfectly on my BB up until 2 days ago when I unlocked it. So I'm not too sure if the problem is with my SIM.
    03-22-10 10:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD