So went to Jamaica and got a Blackberry Bold 9700 from Lime (formerly Cable & Wireless) and got it unlocked and brought it back to USA and have been using it on T-Mobile.. So far I have one issue that is driving me crazy..
    Every time I try to stream my favorite stations by putting the Radio Station's IP Address in the browser like I did on my Storm, I get [u shoutcast s.n.a.s status]

As a result of this I am not able to listen to any radiostation using the IP Address. I know there are apps that allow us to to listen to radio stations but these stations are never on any of these apps... Any assistance would be gladly appreciated
    07-20-10 10:48 AM
    Next Question:
    Is it posible for me to get 3G service using this phone. It is 3G capable
    BB Bold 9700 Originally from Lime (Jamaica)
    Now unlocked and on T-Mobile but All I get is Edge...(((Sucks)))
    07-20-10 10:54 AM
    I don't know the answer to your radio station question, but I can answer your 3G question.

T-Mobile uses different 3G frequency bands than almost every other carrier. So you will only get EDGE on the 9700 with T-Mobile. If you had AT&T, you would be able to get 3G.
    07-20-10 10:58 AM
    Can't help you with the first one and I can't find anything on Lime's frequency (didn't really try that hard tho) but my guess is no. There aren't too many carriers that use tmobiles 3G frequency. If Lime's phone does not use a 1900 MHz frequency then you will never get tmobiles 3G on your phone unfortunately.
    07-20-10 10:59 AM
    yourmuze dot fm.
    07-20-10 11:27 AM
    +1........
    07-20-10 11:34 AM
    i use tunewiki for my online streaming
    07-20-10 11:42 AM
    Thanks for the Update on the 3G issue... Edge sucks, that's for sure but if I was gettting my stations it wouldnt suck as bad...so please please please.. Help on playing radio stations from the IP address..
    07-20-10 11:53 AM
    Still nothing???
    Anyone!!!
    07-21-10 09:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD