im using DM 4.7, and when i try to transfer from other device it will start up the migration wizard. i hit next and it brings up the option to transfer from palm os or win mo, but i cannot select either of them, they are grayed out.

btw im transfering contacts from Tmobile mda to 8900
    Last edited by etragedy; 03-23-09 at 02:04 AM.
    03-23-09 02:00 AM
    Is this before or after it asks you to connect your device? Could it be grayed out because you don't have the mda connected when it should be?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-09 02:13 AM
    it never asks me to connect a device, only to make sure both devices are connected. thats when i hit next and cannot proceed. my computer is showing the win mo phone as "installed and ready to use". DM shows bb connected as well.
    03-23-09 02:19 AM
    Usually, it asks you to connect the old device then it'll prompt you to connect your new device. Are you sure it asks you to have both devices connected at ther same time?

03-23-09 02:23 AM
    well in the device switch wizard, beneath "switch from another device to a blackberry device" it says to make sure they are both connected before starting the wizard.
    03-23-09 02:34 AM
    Oh ok, I was remembering the procedure for the Switch Blackberry Devices.

Hopefully someone can jump in and help you.

03-23-09 02:53 AM
    Did you read the Help in DM?

This is from the Help file:

If you are switching from a Windows Mobile powered device to a BlackBerry device, verify that Microsoft ActiveSync� is installed on your computer and that your Windows Mobile powered device is running Windows Mobile 2005/5.0 for Pocket PC, Windows Mobile 2003 SE for Pocket PC, Windows Mobile 2003 for Pocket PC, Windows Mobile 2002 for Pocket PC, Windows Mobile 2000 for Pocket PC, Windows Mobile SmartPhone software 2003 SE, Windows Mobile SmartPhone software 2003, or Windows Mobile SmartPhone software 2002.

Keep in mind this is from my DM v4.6 though.
    Last edited by xliderider; 03-23-09 at 03:36 AM.
    03-23-09 02:57 AM
    thank you for your help. after downloading active sync i successfully started the process of transferring all of my data, but after my calendar was finished, my windows mobile notes started to sync with my memos. i am continually getting stuck at this part of the transfer. i cant figure out how to skip it, or make it work. DM just goes into this "not responding" mode and then crashes.
    03-23-09 04:15 AM
    this is still an issue for me, does anyone else have some good help advice to offer?
    03-23-09 07:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD