My friend took my SIM out of my phone, and put it into hers. When I put it back into mine, it was like the phone had been completely wiped clean. Went right back to all default settings, and I lost all contacts, BBM messages, emails, photos, etc etc. I can receive and make calls, and I am oddly receiving my gmail messages.
    Does anyone have any ideas? It would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you!
    09-11-11 04:36 PM
    *incorrect answer: See below*
    Last edited by ichat; 09-11-11 at 06:04 PM.
    09-11-11 05:29 PM
    That is incorrect.

When you put a new SIM in the BlackBerry, it asks you if you want to wipe the device. Your friend must have said yes. That is how you lost your contacts, etc. And you do not have to keep your contacts on the SIM.

I use Google Sync, and just sync them that way, in case something like this were to happen.
    09-11-11 05:51 PM
  4. T
    ^Now, that makes a bit more sense. It would be ridiculous if switching sims alone resulted in an automatic device wipe.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-11 06:01 PM
    I agree with Heavy Fluid, it's a user selection that made this - no way you just switched the SIM card and all got wiped... switching SIM cards is safe 100% - just need to read what you click on.

Next time, before you play with things like changing things on your Blackberry use Blackberry desktop to make a full backup of all your contacts and stuff to have the option to restore all the lost data back to your Blackberry.
    09-11-11 06:25 PM
    It still amazes me how people don't back up stuff on their computer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-11 10:53 PM
    Yes, this is interesting that people have this rush to change things but not to keep the good things they have as they are.
    09-12-11 01:08 PM
    I have 3 backups of my phone on 3 different computers! That way if something happens to one computer I always have another!
    09-12-11 02:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD