Okay so i plan on getting a BlackBerry very soon. Specifically a curve 8900. But i'm currently with Fido, on a 2 year deal, and I've used up a year so far. The only BB's fido has are pearls...and im not huge fans of those. Now I can switch to Rogers without paying an ECF (since both Rogers and Fido are owned by the same company( and go with the curve deal for 3 years (data plan , etc) and my bill would be around 55 to 65 bucks a month.

Or... i can get an unlocked curve and tell Fido i have a "pearl" and tell them i need a data plan? I know they would ask for an IMEI as well...so i think its risky. Plus my bill is like 38 bucks without a data plan. But i don't know, im just not feeling a 3 year contract with Rogers...what if a very nice BlackBerry deal comes up later on and I can't get out of my contract? What should i do...? Which one sounds better?
    12-10-09 11:33 PM
    I use a TMo bb on Fido. They don't care what kind of device you have, they just won't be all that helpful if you need tech support.
    12-10-09 11:39 PM
    I use a TMo bb on Fido. They don't care what kind of device you have, they just won't be all that helpful if you need tech support.
    So they didn't ask you any questions? You just asked for the BB plan?
    12-11-09 12:45 AM
    They don't ask any questions or need anything from you. Just tell them you want to add a BB data plan to your current voice plan. There's the $15 unlimited email and IM plan and $25 500mb plan.
    12-11-09 01:01 AM
    Oh okay thanks. Just that my friend said they would ask for an IMEI number (hopefully not)...so i guess its better calling them.
    12-11-09 11:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD