Hi there,

Yesterday i had my bb torch stolen in london I urgently need a pin off of it, but the person wasnt on my contacts. Theres just messages from them where all the emails and other messages come up. Is there anyway i can get this pin back?
    If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

Thank you
    03-28-12 07:00 AM
    Theres just messages from them where all the emails and other messages come up.

You can ask the person to send their pin to your email address by way of BBM.
    03-28-12 07:06 AM
    Not sure what you mean but you should call your carrier and have them disable the phone. Did you have blackberry protect installed? Not at home but desktop manager may show your pin also.
    03-28-12 07:07 AM
    Theres just messages from them where all the emails and other messages come up.

You can ask the person to send their pin to your email address by way of BBM.
    How can i ask them ? I need their pin dont i ?
    03-28-12 07:12 AM
    Not sure what you mean but you should call your carrier and have them disable the phone. Did you have blackberry protect installed? Not at home but desktop manager may show your pin also.
    I called o2. They have disabled the phone and my sim. No i didnt blackberry protect i tdont think basically my phone has been stolen and a urgently need a pin off of it...
    03-28-12 07:13 AM
    Oh well I don't know if that is possible. You don't have their email address or phone number? Any other way to contact them?
    03-28-12 07:16 AM
    Any backups of the device? Maybe you can install it on a borrowed phone and take the pin of the backup. It worked for me once
    Sorry about your phone.
    03-28-12 07:16 AM
    Should he able to find it in the information that the Desktop Manager shows?
    03-28-12 07:23 AM
    There may be a bit of confusion here. I am not sure that he is looking for the pin of his lost phone, but the pin of a contact stored on his lost phone.

Have you tried getting a new BlackBerry and restoring a backup from your old phone to it? I am not sure this will work, as I seem to remember having to backup BBM contacts to a sd card (which would be lost with the stolen phone) or another option of backing them up to the mail servers.
    03-28-12 07:49 AM
    Any backups of the device? Maybe you can install it on a borrowed phone and take the pin of the backup. It worked for me once
    Sorry about your phone.
    I dont think i backed it up i dont reckon there is a way to get it back then. Thanks for the help though
    03-28-12 08:03 AM
    There may be a bit of confusion here. I am not sure that he is looking for the pin of his lost phone, but the pin of a contact stored on his lost phone.

Have you tried getting a new BlackBerry and restoring a backup from your old phone to it? I am not sure this will work, as I seem to remember having to backup BBM contacts to a sd card (which would be lost with the stolen phone) or another option of backing them up to the mail servers.
    I am looking for the pin of someone elses phone that was on my phone. I didnt back up my phone i dont think... So theres not really much hope is there.
    03-28-12 08:05 AM
    I am looking for the pin of someone elses phone that was on my phone. I didnt back up my phone i dont think... So theres not really much hope is there.
    did you connect your phone to your computor via Desk top manager, if so you may have made an automatic backup of the device. If however this is a recent pin to your phone and you haven't backed up to a cloud or DM then you are not likely to get the pin. Do you know someone who would know the pin Person or their pin, how did they contact your phone etc.

In thinking about this I just realised that the pin is stored in Outlook if it is in the phone contact under "contacts-name-all fields- miscellaneous fields"

Backups good
    Last edited by daveycrocket; 03-28-12 at 09:02 AM.
    03-28-12 08:53 AM
    How can i ask them ? I need their pin dont i ?
    They can send their PIN via BBM to you as a BBM request to you to join them. Send an email requesting same.
    04-08-12 01:21 PM
    I cant see anyway you'll get it unless they have your number / email etc.

With all my BBM contacts I put their name and pin into an email and send it to myself. Then delete the device email. If something happened to my phone Id just go into my laptop email and see all my bbm contacts with their pins. The same is also in my Blackberrys memos...I also backup regulary.

Hope it works out for you.

The above is for future reference
    04-08-12 03:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD