I just joined a new company and I am told that as soon as I sync my BB 9700 Bold with my company email using the enterprise software, that while we can receive text messages, but we are blocked from sending them. Is there anything I can do prior to, or after syncing, to still send SMS texts? Please email me.
    thanks,
    [email protected]
    09-15-10 01:59 AM
    I believe qik chat let's you send text messages, for a fee. The question is if the obviously security minded place you work at will allow its use.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-10 02:39 AM
    Chances are high that tampering or getting around the policies they have put in place could, depending on the company, be grounds for termination...

One thing you might try is figuring out the email address you need to use (their# @carrier.com type thing) for the specific people you want to text. Keep in mind they can likely go back and see much of what occurs on the device, so behave. Haha
    09-15-10 03:12 AM
    It might be smarter just to buy another device for personal use.
    09-15-10 03:25 AM
    In the OP, when you say "my" 9700, do you mean one you paid for, or one you have been issued? No way would I allow a company to control a device I paid for myself.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-10 03:42 AM
    I'm assuming they have told you to use PIN messaging to contact your colleagues
    09-15-10 06:46 AM
    You can use Google Voice to send and receive text messages for free.
    09-15-10 06:58 AM
    And your texting is likely blocked at the carrier level, not the Enterprise Server. Texting adds from $2.50 and up per user, per month on most plans. Most companies aren't in the mood to pay for that.
    09-15-10 07:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD