My daughters torch has developed a life of its own and turns itself on and off randomly (usually whilst shes been out with friends and the nights been cold).

We are taking it in for repair but wnat to get a cheap used blackberry so she isnt without her BBM for the time its going to be out of use.

Can anyone advise me which blackberry I need to look for. I am paying for a contract with unlimited BBM and 500mb data so want to be able to use these as well as having wifi connection but am confused by which model to look for.

All advice much appreciated

Cheers
    03-15-12 08:42 AM
    If she does a lot of texting, the 9900 is the way to go. Once you get it you can update the OS to 7.1. It is also advised to install the BlackBerry Desktop Software to keep the information backed up and to do OS updates. Hope this helps.
    03-15-12 09:01 AM
    If she does a lot of texting, the 9900 is the way to go. Once you get it you can update the OS to 7.1. It is also advised to install the BlackBerry Desktop Software to keep the information backed up and to do OS updates. Hope this helps.
    I'm guessing you missed the "cheap" and "used" part lol....

In my opinion you should get a 9700. Shouldn't cost you much if you buy used for temporary use and then you can just resell it once the tech is repaired. This way you cost will be extremely minimal during this wait. Good luck
    03-15-12 11:02 AM
    9700 or a curve 3G. Those thing are going for less than 80$ on ebay
    03-15-12 11:13 AM
    I have an 8820 I will send you for $50. I was keeping it for a backup. Still works well, has a case and screen protector so there are no scratches.

I am not trying to turn this in to a for sale thread though
    03-15-12 12:38 PM
    I reccomend 8520. Its cheap and is a toss around phone. Good enough for what is needed to be done. Buy a used or a new, it won't be more than 200
    03-15-12 12:47 PM
    Just go with the 85XX or 93XX series for a short term replacement.
    03-15-12 01:17 PM
    I reccomend 8520. Its cheap and is a toss around phone. Good enough for what is needed to be done. Buy a used or a new, it won't be more than 200
    I was also going to recommend an 8520 but I just said 9700 because you can upgrade to os6 on a 9700, not sure on an 8520
    03-15-12 02:34 PM
    is it turning off randomly, or is she shutting it off when she's out with friends?
    TroyPoseidon likes this.
    03-15-12 02:46 PM
    Maybe worth checking the battery connections before you take it in. There have been several posts regarding phones switching on and off randomly. A loose battery can cause this. Try a small piece of business card behind the battery to push it tighter onto the terminals. Clean the terminals first with a pencil eraser.

Hope it works for you.
    03-15-12 05:18 PM
    I would recommend a 9300 Curve. As a replacement phone while my 9800 was gone for repair, they gave me a 9300 Curve to use. Sure, it isn't the flashiest, most beautiful device ever, but the keyboard is fine and it does everything a BlackBerry should. Basic BlackBerry and that's good on the wallet.
    03-15-12 11:35 PM
    My daughters torch has developed a life of its own and turns itself on and off randomly (usually whilst shes been out with friends and the nights been cold).

We are taking it in for repair but wnat to get a cheap used blackberry so she isnt without her BBM for the time its going to be out of use.

Can anyone advise me which blackberry I need to look for. I am paying for a contract with unlimited BBM and 500mb data so want to be able to use these as well as having wifi connection but am confused by which model to look for.

All advice much appreciated

Cheers
    Everybody wants iphones and Androids so Blackberries are a dime a dozen on Craigslist. I have bought a few Blackberries on Craigslist, 1 week old and in the box because some kid got ridiculed for owning a Blackberry and now wants an iphone.

Get a new 9810 for $150 on Craigslist. Blackberries have no resale value on the secondary market.
    03-16-12 03:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD