I am trying to setup my Blackberry Curve (8900) as a modem on my windows xp laptop. My BB is on the orange network (pay as you go). Not sure if it is possible... but so far:

I have the latest Blackberry Manager software installed & BB connected (usb)
    The 'standand modem' is seen (Com4) & when i try to 'query' the modem i get:

The modem failed to respond. Make sure it is properly connected and turned on. If it is an internal modem or is connected, verify that the interrupt for the port is properly set.

Can anybody help please?
    Thanks
    12-31-10 03:45 PM
    Ok, my errror.. i now get

ATQ0V1E0 - OK
    AT+GMM - RIM BlackBerry Device 84001503
    AT+FCLASS=? - COMMAND NOT SUPPORTED
    AT#CLS=? - COMMAND NOT SUPPORTED
    AT+GCI? - COMMAND NOT SUPPORTED
    AT+GCI=? - COMMAND NOT SUPPORTED
    ATI1 - Platform: 5.2.0.67,App Version: 5.0.0.681,PIN: 256E5AB5
    ATI2 - Research In Motion BlackBerry IP Modem
    ATI3 - Research In Motion BlackBerry IP Modem
    ATI4 - Research In Motion BlackBerry IP Modem
    ATI5 - Research In Motion BlackBerry IP Modem
    ATI6 - Research In Motion BlackBerry IP Modem
    ATI7 - Research In Motion BlackBerry IP Modem

Will see how i get on!?
    12-31-10 03:53 PM
    spotted http:supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Bold-BlackBerry-9000/Using-Blackberry-Orange-UK-as-a-laptop-modem/m-p/34951

but still no joy as of yet
    12-31-10 04:16 PM
    You can always try Tether and see if it will work on your carrier.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-10 05:04 PM
    I am trying to setup my Blackberry Curve (8900) as a modem on my windows xp laptop. My BB is on the orange network (pay as you go). Not sure if it is possible... but so far:

I have the latest Blackberry Manager software installed & BB connected (usb)
    The 'standand modem' is seen (Com4) & when i try to 'query' the modem i get:

The modem failed to respond. Make sure it is properly connected and turned on. If it is an internal modem or is connected, verify that the interrupt for the port is properly set.

Can anybody help please?
    Thanks
    This is a very simple process. Go to your Desktop Manager and open it, Plug in your BB so the DM recognizes it and you see your PIN number.

Now here is the tricky part... Use the part of the DM that says IP Modem and it will walk you through the process step by step and you will be good to go. If you need anymore help repost and ask but I bet you won't have to if you follow my advice.

Good luck
    12-31-10 05:37 PM
    Indeed you were right Jaguarr!

Tools | Start Mobile Internet... was the way.

Bizarrely... this url was blocked by Orange!!!!! (some safeguard thing)

Cheers
    01-03-11 05:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD