Hey all

One feature i miss on my old cell phones is an "alarm only" profile. On BB i see a phone only but not an alarm only profile. Is there any way to change another profile to alarm only?? I went under quiet and tried to find alarm under advanced options and i couldn't find it. Maybe its under a different heading??

Some help please

Also, while im at it, is there any way to add a contact from text messages? I recieved a text message from a friend with a new cell phone number and i was only able to add a new contact with it, not update his old one...any idea?

thank you all
    Last edited by ShortStop51001; 05-15-08 at 08:56 PM.
    05-15-08 08:53 PM
    I'm not exactly sure what u mean by alarm only. As in everything is silent except ur alarm?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-08 09:12 PM
    Oh, if you go to profiles>advanced>click the menu button, you can create ur own profile.

05-15-08 09:15 PM
    I tried to make a new profile but under the advanced settings i dont even see alarm under the list. Is it under a different heading?? I see everything from jivetalk, messanger, sms, mms but no alarm??
    05-15-08 11:00 PM
    Again, what exactly do u mean by alarm only? Everything silent except alarm? No matter what u set ur profile to, the alarm will still go off. I just set my profile to PHONE OFF, and the alarm still sounded like it usually does. I never even noticed is with the curve. On all my old phones if I set my phone to silent or vibe the alarm would either not go off or would vibe. With the berry it goes off no matter what. Awesome!

05-16-08 02:22 PM
    I had this same question - and so totally knew what he meant.

Who would know that when you set your phone to the red "X" (all silent") that there was an exception for the alarm?

I assumed - all silent meant - all silent.

I will need to test this....!

THanks for the info.
    04-04-09 12:50 AM
    Can anyone help with this?

I have tried the same thing.

I cannot seem to create a profile where *only* the alarm sounds, but nothing else.

There is an option for calendar alerts, but not the alarm.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks!
    04-04-09 11:49 AM
    bbcurvechick

From what I just saw on my 8830 (and probably your model), you canNOT EDIT the "Red X" setting. BUT you can either create a new profile with all sounds off except the ALARM or edit one of the other profiles turning off (or vibrating) most sounds except the Alarm.

You can EDIT most of the profiles and when you do, you can change a whole slew of options including the sounds, vibration, led light, etc.
    04-04-09 12:17 PM
    I'm going to guess, from the fact that no-one's replied to this since '09, that everyone's figured it out. I ended up on this page through a Google search, so in case someone else does, too, I think I'll summarize (and for anyone else who might still be confused, although a lot of users did a great job answering the question).

The reason you don't see an "alarm only" setting on your BlackBerry is that the alarm is always on. No matter what, your alarm will go off. This applies to every sound profile on the phone, and even if you turn your phone off, it will turn back on at the time chosen for the alarm. Therefore, the closest thing you will find to an "alarm only" setting is the "silent" setting. In this mode, all sounds are off, but just like in any other setting (loud, vibrate, off) the alarm will go off.

Hope this helps.
    11-18-10 07:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD