hi, i was wondering if anyone knows or could explain to me how secure are BIS connections, is it possible for the carrier to read through conversations of the BB messenger or PIN messages??? is it much better to have BES servers or is it enough to have the bb's of the company ( not many, about 20) through BIS???

thank you very much
    02-02-09 04:53 PM
    I know that BES servers can see all bbm messages and pin messages. I don't know that BIS carriers can.

Depends on business needs tho, if you want access to corp email you need bes...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-09 05:11 PM
    Although no data is safe in the wireless world, you should feel comfortable using your BIS. I'd just use the same caution as the telephone or sending SMS / MMS.
    02-02-09 05:18 PM
    On a BES server the server administrator can view any PIN message sent, if you are on BIS I do not believe that anyone is able to view your PIN messages.
    02-02-09 07:58 PM
    Hey people thanks for your responses, i kinda imagine that, but was also hoping that someone on the crackberry community worked on a carrier and could be certain of how that works....one more thing though do you think that BES could be an option for my bussines? Are the servers too expensive?

Thanks again

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-09 11:10 PM
    Messages sent via PIN have nothing to do with your carrier, AFAIK. They are relayed over RIM's BIS servers which are more secure than the carrier's network. At least, that's the way I understand it.
    02-02-09 11:44 PM
    It just depends on wether you want someone anonymous (BIS) reading your stuff, or a co-worker (BES) reading it.

claire
    02-03-09 12:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD