Help Removing bloatware from my device-img_20140729_152711.png

These are all of the junk shortcuts and apps in my BlackBerry that I want to erase but can't.

Some of the shortcuts do not even make sense to me. Why would I want a phone or camera icon separately on my homescreen when they are permanently placed on the side corners of the home screens? The Help and Tutorial need to be erasable since users won't access them after the first week. And the voice control icon also isn't needed since there is a physical button for it on the side.

Will there be an option to erase these in the future updates? Someone please let BlackBerry know

There could at least be an option to hide them.

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    07-29-14 05:31 PM
    I put them all in a folder and forgot about them

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 05:35 PM
    Drag one icon on top of another. That creates a folder. Put all the stuff you don't want to look at regularly into one or two folders. Job done.
    07-29-14 05:36 PM

Posted via CB10
    Me too, but even that folder takes space on the homescreen, and many people including myself try to minimize icons on the home screens.

07-29-14 05:37 PM
    Well I could never understand why BB10 didn't migrate the 'hide' feature from the legacy OS to be honest and an option to then 'show all' to get them back again etc.
    It does make sense.
    07-29-14 07:14 PM
    There not really that useless...

At least it's not android, they have a ton more apps that people barely use.

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    07-29-14 07:34 PM
    Keep that Junk in your trunk!
    07-29-14 07:41 PM
    Really, they should bring back the hide feature from the legacy OS's.

Currently, part of the reality is that if you delete it there is no way to get it back. Thus if a novice user deletes something inadvertently they might have a problem... double edged sword.
    07-29-14 08:00 PM
    Well I could never understand why BB10 didn't migrate the 'hide' feature from the legacy OS to be honest and an option to then 'show all' to get them back again etc.
    It does make sense.
    Exactly. This is one of those features that should definitely have been part of the first 4 major revisions tbh. Something like hold an icon and in one corner place the trashcan symbol (like it currently is) and use the other corner with a hide icon symbol

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 08:05 PM
    Me too, but even that folder takes space on the homescreen, and many people including myself try to minimize icons on the home screens.

I moved the folder to the 4th "page" all by it'd lonesome. Never go to that screen. Essentially gone.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 08:10 PM
    Really, they should bring back the hide feature from the legacy OS's.

Currently, part of the reality is that if you delete it there is no way to get it back. Thus if a novice user deletes something inadvertently they might have a problem... double edged sword.
    Simple solution. Make them downloadable via BlackBerry World. Delete a standard app in error? Just re-install it from BlackBerry World. It would be convenient.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 08:11 PM

Time for an iphone then!

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 08:20 PM
    Put them all in folders. I have one called tools for camera, compass, etc. Then there is the bloatware folder.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 08:21 PM
    Agree with OP. The junk folder itself is an eyesore
    07-29-14 08:22 PM
    Guess iphone is junk too. Can't delete some icons either. People will always ***** about something stupid.
    CDM76 and Shadowyugi like this.
    07-29-14 10:00 PM
    Android devices have way more stuff you can't uninstall or delete. I guess there are things we all have to live with.
    spikesolie likes this.
    07-29-14 10:04 PM
    Not everyone's a CrackBerry genius and that's why their there. Put em in a folder till the option arises.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    07-29-14 10:19 PM
    Like someone else said, I put them all in a folder and put them on the last page of apps all by itself. I never see it.
    07-29-14 10:21 PM
    Also its not bloatware. Their just system shortcuts. Now Android on the other hand. Thats bloatware central.

Posted via CB10
    lift and Shadowyugi like this.
    07-29-14 10:23 PM
    My folder is called "Redundant" and is on the 3rd page. Never go there, problem solved.
    07-29-14 10:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    This^

I have a folder titled "crap apps" back on the 5th page of my apps
    Help Removing bloatware from my device-img_20140729_233850.png

Help Removing bloatware from my device-img_20140729_233941.png

Posted Pantlessly via My Kick @ss Z30!!!
    lift likes this.
    07-29-14 10:40 PM
    Android devices have way more stuff you can't uninstall or delete. I guess there are things we all have to live with.
    This can be true, depending on the manufacturer's ROM. Stock Android is about the same as BB10. If a person loads a custom ROM they can remove them completely. The biggest difference is you can keep shortcuts off your home screen in Android and just access all your apps through the app drawer. I would like something like that in BB10.

Sent from my HTC One using CB Forums mobile app
    07-30-14 01:31 AM
    Also its not bloatware. Their just system shortcuts. Now Android on the other hand. Thats bloatware central.

Posted via CB10
    Please don't be ridiculous.
    Ofc it's bloatware and I wanted to delete it for quite some time but I can't.
    The single most annoying for me, is the games app though.
    I usually don't play games on my phone, but it even happens to me that I want to play a short game of Angry birds or Cut the rope.

And at least the last one, always opens the games app twice before I can play.
    I don't want to use scoreloop, make an account or whatever, when I just want to feed the Omnom a candy.

There were threads on CB demanding BlackBerry that we can remove the games app.
    In a certain way they listened, now that I think about it

Since BlackBerry terminated their scoreloop service, they will terminate the Games app as well.
    It'll finally be gone.
    But the reason behind it is kinda sad.
    And I can't imagine that it would have taken BlackBerry more time than to write some lines of code, to make the damn useless bloatware deletable.

Posted via CB10
    kbill1984 likes this.
    07-30-14 01:36 AM
    "Hide" from Legacy OS would be great, hopefully they bring that back
    CDM76 likes this.
    07-30-14 07:50 AM
    This can be true, depending on the manufacturer's ROM. Stock Android is about the same as BB10. If a person loads a custom ROM they can remove them completely. The biggest difference is you can keep shortcuts off your home screen in Android and just access all your apps through the app drawer. I would like something like that in BB10.

Sent from my HTC One using CB Forums mobile app
    Yes, custom ROM's and Rooting. If you have to make all those changes to the OS, then why buy it. It's obvious that any stock android is not going to let you do what you want. Also, how many people load custom ROM's or Root? You fandroids don't quit do you.
    07-30-14 08:04 AM
33 12