I haven't been able to find a post with this exact problem yet, but if there is one, could you direct me to it.

My phone gave me a JVM 102 Error and the solution was to reload the OS. I wiped my phone then went to reload the newest OS and it said that I currently have the most current OS on my phone. The only problem is that my phone still reads a 507 error, meaning there is no OS. Is there any fix for this?
    11-14-08 08:39 AM
    11-14-08 08:43 AM
    Thank you!
    11-14-08 09:00 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

I currently have the most current OS on my phone. ...
    I suspect you are using the web based upgrade procedure, that is the only time I have seen that specific message.

The 507 means your OS has been wiped, but the web upgrade is not responding correctly.

The links addict83 provided address the manual upgrade. That should let you force the upgrade to a wiped device.

11-14-08 10:41 AM
    I'd upgrade to the Curve, Bold, or Storm. Period.
    11-27-08 01:56 PM
    I'd upgrade to the Curve, Bold, or Storm. Period.
    The Pearl has some distinct advantages and is the perfect BlackBerry for many of us. Enjoy your BlackBerry experience and we shall enjoy ours.

11-27-08 02:13 PM
    I recently had the opportunity to help a friend optimize her pearl - she handed it to me and said please fix it, lol. She had 12 pictures on the device memory taking up about 9mb of file free memory. I learned that a BlackBerry is a BlackBerry . They all work basically the same, and after an hour of playing around with it, I started to get pretty good with sure type. I also learned the Pearl is a nice little unit that was a lot of fun to set up. I still like my Curve, but I wouldn't mind having a pearl as a backup device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-08 03:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD