My bb has been soaked in the wash today with all the detergent and stuff. Forgot to take it out of my pocket. When i took it out, the trackball glowed a red light and thats all it does. It doesn't even turn on. I don't know wut to do.
    Is there a way to save my phone?
    08-07-08 07:02 PM
    Sorry, but I think you are SOL! I hope you have insurance!
    08-07-08 07:05 PM
    Definitley SOL...
    08-07-08 07:12 PM
    dam, i think im gonna cry now.
    well thanks anyways
    08-07-08 07:14 PM
    Wow did you pick your screenname before or after this happened?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-08 07:17 PM

hahahahahahaha

very witty
    08-07-08 07:18 PM
    ouch! I feel for you.

08-07-08 07:20 PM
    i think we should take a moment of silence for the loss of a beloved blackberry...... so sorry..
    08-07-08 07:21 PM
    now you can get a Sunset curve!
    08-07-08 07:23 PM
    Take the battery out and let it(the battery and phone) SIT SIT SIT. DO NOT try turning it on. Wait at least a week or more. i have washed at least 5 phones and only one didn't recover after waiting anywhere from a week to a month. The last time it was a MONTH later and suddenly it started working again.

If you try peeking by putting the battery in and trying before it dries completely it will fry the phone.

by the way... this was with different phones and not a BB but you never know

luckily i had my old phones to use while I was waiting
    Last edited by SandAngel; 08-07-08 at 07:38 PM.
    08-07-08 07:24 PM

I picked my screen after it happened. I was desperate for help
    08-07-08 07:35 PM
    Insurance is void cause of water damage, this would never happen cause my BB is surgically stuck to my hand
    08-07-08 07:40 PM
    if its lost there's no water damage.

08-07-08 07:42 PM
    if its lost there's no water damage.

what are u trying to say?
    08-07-08 07:46 PM
    Insurance -will- cover water damage, while the warranty won't. I've heard that putting the phone onto some rice that it will absorb the water. I haven't tried it myself.

08-07-08 07:51 PM
    I have heard the same about the rice. From what I understand if you put your phone I a bowl of uncooked rice for a few days the rice will absorb the moisture. Give it a try what can it do your phone don't work now anyway. By the way I am very sorry to hear what happened.

08-07-08 08:02 PM
    if have insurance you can get replaced for $110, is what insurance is for
    08-07-08 08:16 PM
    if have insurance you can get replaced for $110, is what insurance is for
    WHAT IS THE POINT??? Losing the phone sounds like a better option
    08-08-08 03:42 PM
    Well - if it's toast, it's toast, but why not try to recover it first before either paying for a new one (ouch) or pulling a scam (bad karma) -

Take the battery out. Leave it out. (you may have to get a new battery after all this, but that may be the least of your worries). Put the phone in a ziplock bag with dry rice. Leave it there for several days. The rice will help to absorb any leftover water in your phone. Reinstall battery, cross fingers, rub rabbit's foot keychain and do a few Hail Marys (or drink a few bloody marys - your call). See if it works again.
    08-08-08 03:52 PM
    The best way is the way Abe described it above. You need to put the rice in a baggy. You need to be able to seal the rice & phone from outside air. If you don't it will take longer because rice will also draw moisture from the air. The only place it wouldn't matter is if you lived in a desert. Good luck!!!
    08-08-08 03:57 PM
    Are you for real?? lol He's saying lie and say it was lost/stolen instead of admitting you washed it.
    08-08-08 06:57 PM
    I was just about to say- insurance will cover a water damaged phone. If you did not have insurance on your phone you'd have to let it sit and dry, which can take a long time. I'm sorry!!! I've gone through a lot of phones and it sucks!
    08-08-08 07:37 PM
    Good luck. An insurance claim is an insurance claim. Those agents have heard every excuse you can think of so there's no reason to not tell the truth. . If it wasn't insured, they'll know it was soaked. Can't hide water damage from a tech. Abe's right about Karma, do the right thing. We all feel terrible for you.

08-08-08 09:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD