Hello,

I need help convincing my husband to buy me a BB Curve for Christmas! Can you list some reasons that a stay at home mom would NEED (or want) BB service? My husband says you only need them for work and since I don't work outside the home, he thinks it's silly for me to have one.
    What else will I use it for besides checking my email??
    Looking forward to becoming a fellow addict!

***Edited for further explanation***
    Thanks everyone, who gave helpful responses!!
    Let me just add that I don't need to really convince my husband of anything...I'm not a teenager. I'm an adult and I WILL order it no matter what.
    What I was looking more for were fun or useful things that you all do with your BB that keep you addicted (and arn't related to work). I know why I want it, but I'm sure there is so much more out there than I realize.
    My husband's first comment when I mentioned getting one was that they are for business. I just wanted a longer list of the "fun stuff" to explain to him why I WILL be getting one and why he would benefit from it too.
    Again, thanks for all of the helpful comments! I do appreciate them!!
    Last edited by AdoreMyFour; 11-30-08 at 11:44 AM.
    11-30-08 09:55 AM
    Because you are his wife and you control something he wants!!! lol
    11-30-08 09:57 AM
    Because you are his wife and you control something he wants!!! lol
    lol. This will be the best answer you will get.
    11-30-08 10:00 AM
    Hello,

I need help convincing my husband to buy me a BB Curve for Christmas! Can you list some reasons that a stay at home mom would NEED (or want) BB service? My husband says you only need them for work and since I don't work outside the home, he thinks it's silly for me to have one.

Adore My Four
    You can use the calendar to keep track of your four (plus 1) activities. No better reason than that!!!!
    11-30-08 10:09 AM
    ^2nd that. Or how about because he loves you. How about to rescue you from everyday boredom.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-08 10:10 AM
    I'm sure he has plenty of things that he doesn't necessarily need.
    11-30-08 10:11 AM
    Let me see if I got this right. You are asking why any of us need a
    BlackBerry so you (who we don't know) can help you justify it to
    your husband (who we also don't know).

If you haven't figured out how and what you plan to use it for
    by now I'd have to say you really don't "need" it.
    11-30-08 10:16 AM
    Because you want one! We all have "stuff" that we don't need but still want. I'm sure that you are no different!
    11-30-08 10:20 AM
    To keep track of your:

Hair appointments
    Play dates
    Nail appointments
    Kids sports schedules
    School schedules
    Dinner with your husband
    Birthdays
    Anniversaries
    Shopping lists

And much, much more..........
    11-30-08 10:26 AM
    Tell the "Olde Man" he is damned lucky to have a wife that specifies her wants for Christmas. Over 40 years of marriage my wife has provided me with no guidance. I must of done ok cuse she kept me around all this time.
    11-30-08 10:27 AM
    To keep track of your:

Hair appointments - Trivial - Go when you go
    Play dates - When did we start scheduling time for our kids to play
    Nail appointments - Trivial - Go when you go
    Kids sports schedules - OK
    School schedules - OK
    Dinner with your husband - If it were important you would not need to be reminded
    Birthdays - See above
    Anniversaries - See above
    Shopping lists - What no one knows how to write anymore

And much, much more..........
    11-30-08 10:40 AM
    Of course all the other benefits besides email....

GPS while you are out - you can easily look up restaurants etc and get directions.

Internet while you are out - look up phone numbers, etc and I even use it if say for example I am in Best Buy looking to buy something, and I want to know quick and easily if somewhere has a better price... like Future Shop. I just look it up while I am still in the store! Or if I have a question about a certain product that the store employees can't answer (happened quite a few times with electronics... I tend to go too in depth in what I want to kow I guess lol)

Keep in touch with friends with any of the major IM clients

Play games in the doctors office etc while waiting

Always have a good calculator on hand

Note taking on the fly... easily jot down information with the qwerty keyboard

Carry around a digital photo album of the family

Use it as an MP3 Player

Take quick snapshots and small videos

but first and foremost, it's a GREAT CELL PHONE! Call clarity is excellent, voice dial works flawlessly (good for in the car) speakerphone is plenty loud and clear (also good for in car)

...and you can get it in PINK!
    11-30-08 10:57 AM
    I need a BB because i want one.

If your husband wont buy you one, why don't you just buy it yourself?

i really dont get it?? I think its diff when a teenager comes on here and stuff and they try to convince their parents, but when you are married, technically, when he buys you something isn't it joint money anyways?? Just buy it yourself, why convince him to do anything?
    11-30-08 11:01 AM
    Because it's a good way to keep track of your family's events including holiday gathering, kids sports, doctor appointments, and so on.
    11-30-08 11:04 AM
    Tell him get you the storm!!! It is a good phone. But if you get the storm you will need to order it now if you want it by Xmas. Just say "honey This is what i want for Xmas end of discussion"
    11-30-08 11:08 AM
    If the budget allows than you should have it. My golly, there was never a doubt in my mind that my wife was the cornerstone of our family when she stayed home to raise our children.

11-30-08 11:12 AM
    Let me see if I got this right. You are asking why any of us need a
    BlackBerry so you (who we don't know) can help you justify it to
    your husband (who we also don't know).

If you haven't figured out how and what you plan to use it for
    by now I'd have to say you really don't "need" it.

Why are you such an azz sometimes? I mean really didnt your mother ever teach you if you dont have anything nice to say to not say anything?
    11-30-08 11:12 AM
    Thanks everyone, who gave helpful responses!!
    Let me just add that I don't need to really convince my husband of anything...I'm not a teenager. I'm an adult and I WILL order it no matter what.
    What I was looking for was more like things that you all do with your BB that keep you addicted (and arn't related to work). I know why I want it, but I'm sure there is so much more out there than I realize.
    My husband's first comment when I mentioned getting one was that they are for business. I just wanted a longer list of the "fun stuff" to explain to him why I WILL be getting one and why he would benefit from it too.
    Again, thanks for all of the helpful comments! I do appreciate them!!
    11-30-08 11:27 AM
    Why are you such an azz sometimes? I mean really didnt your mother ever teach you if you dont have anything nice to say to not say anything?
    Because he has a point. Technically you really shouldn't need people to tell you why you need a BB. It is simple. If you need it, you need it. If you don't know, then you probably don't. If you want it, then just buy it.

Listen, you stay at home with the kids and do things around the house. So basically, you really are entitled to anything you want for taking care of the family. If your husband doesn't see this, than you should buy your own BB, and if he has a BB or ever gets one, don't add him to BBM.

If I had a wife and she took care of my kids, I would definitely get her a BB if she wanted one, it's the least I could do.
    11-30-08 11:29 AM
    Hello,

Adore My Four
    Thinking back to my parents, this would never have come up. My mom would have just gotten it if that's what she wanted. She's the one that took care of the bills and budget. If it was something that she wanted and was able to add it to the budget, and not have anything else suffer for doing so, it was a done deal.

Most of the items that your family owns, are things that are not needed. So, decide what you want or need and go from there. If it's a matter of paying for the monthly bill for the service, decide what can get cut from the current budget. Sounds to me like this might be where your hubby is coming from.
    11-30-08 11:31 AM
    Because! Just tell him that! I talked my wife into getting one ($100 with $100 mir plus $80 in accessories free)

11-30-08 11:33 AM
    My wife uses hers primarly for work email and work instant message.

I play Brick Breaker on it.
    11-30-08 11:51 AM
    tell him you will use it to take provocative pictures to send to him while he's at work.

that's what my wife does. helps me leave the office on time.
    11-30-08 12:51 PM
    Come on, guys. She doesn't "need" her husband's permission and she doesn't "need" reasons to get a blackberry. This post is more along the lines of "I think I want a bb, but what can I really do with it?" She knows she wants a simple device that will let her check e-mail, make phone calls, surf the web, and "organize her life", but she wants specifics so she can convince herself and her husband it's a good idea.

That said, I loved the first reply.
    11-30-08 05:09 PM
    I think we're all reading too much into this. In some ways, the OP wants a light-hearted view on why to get a BB.

Tell him you'd let him play with it I'll bet he'll start to get hooked on one. You two could get matching ones...but I'm sure the "Tim Allen" voice will kick into his head wanting the ultimate BB that can trounce our Curve and be equipped with every accessory and app out there.

I know quite a few friends whose wives stay home and are BB-equipped. Having the BB around makes it easy for them to communicate with the kids and hubby, do the obligatory errands and scheduling, and command info on the go.

But back to light-heartedness, maybe tell him if he gets you one, he can get whatever he wants
    11-30-08 05:37 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD