Hi all,

Please help, there have been similar threads on this subject but nothing has provided me with a solution yet.

I stripped the t3 screws on my Torch and now that I am trying to change the LCD digitizer, I can't get the screws out I am very frustrated.

I already have the replacement screws and the new digitizer. The T3 screws are stripped so bad there is just a circle on the screw head.

Any suggestions?
    03-29-11 08:52 AM
    Is it completely circular at this point? If there are any points you may want to try a small flat head screw driver if you have access to one, that helps remove screws at times
    03-29-11 09:02 AM
    Yes, it's stripped to the point where it is just a circle.

Metal Epoxy and let the screwdriver set in the thread and hopefully the bond is strong enough to unscrew it? I already tried this method with superglue and it didn't work
    03-29-11 09:40 AM
    Check the hardware store for a reverse drillbit or screw extractor. A small one should work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-11 12:34 PM
    Thought I would give an update...

I got the screws out with the smallest flathead I could find. I wedged one side into the stripped head and worked it in so that the other side could also fit. This provided me with enough torque to remove the screws.

However, it took A LOT of elbow grease and my forearms are in excruciating pain (although, this may or may not have to do with removing the screw... haha)

Thanks for your suggestions everyone.
    03-31-11 08:00 AM
    Hi all,

Please help, there have been similar threads on this subject but nothing has provided me with a solution yet.

I stripped the t3 screws on my Torch and now that I am trying to change the LCD digitizer, I can't get the screws out I am very frustrated.

I already have the replacement screws and the new digitizer. The T3 screws are stripped so bad there is just a circle on the screw head.

Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

Just wondering: where did you get replacemenet screws from?

09-21-11 09:56 AM
    Did you see the several suggestions in the thread you replied to? I'll second the screw extractor suggestion. Tough part will be finding a small enough screw extractor. Try the local hardware store first.
    09-21-11 02:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD