OK, here's the issue I am having. I believe my wireless router/network in my house is draining my BB Curve 8330's battery. I live in a 1 level ranch home. When I'm on the first floor, same floor as the router (Netgear Wireless n-300), my BB is constantly transferring data and my signal goes up and down constantly oftentimes having no signal at all, and my battery will drain in as little as 4 hours! Calls will drop or not even come through. Yet when I go in the basement or leave the house altogether, the signal is strong and the battery holds its life rather well.

Can anyone tell me if they too believe the router to be causing the issue? It's not like the Curve has Wi-Fi. I thought it was the battery going bad, so I bought a new one. Not the issue. Is my router not configured correctly? Can anyone tell me how to fix this (properly set up the router) or where I can go to get the advice to fix this?

This is very frustrating and I'd LOVE any assistance anyone can provide in resolving this!
    10-16-10 11:17 AM
    It's not like the Curve has Wi-Fi. ...
    Your profile indicates a Verizon 8330, that model does not have Wifi and the presence of a Wifi router will not effect it in any way. It will be simple enough to test, disconnect the router.

Using the phone in a low signal strength area requires more power then the same call in a high strength area. The output signal is boosted to compensate, stand by time drops dramatically too.
    10-16-10 01:56 PM
    OK, here's the issue I am having. I believe my wireless router/network in my house is draining my BB Curve 8330's battery. I live in a 1 level ranch home. When I'm on the first floor, same floor as the router (Netgear Wireless n-300), my BB is constantly transferring data and my signal goes up and down constantly oftentimes having no signal at all, and my battery will drain in as little as 4 hours! Calls will drop or not even come through. Yet when I go in the basement or leave the house altogether, the signal is strong and the battery holds its life rather well.

Can anyone tell me if they too believe the router to be causing the issue? It's not like the Curve has Wi-Fi. I thought it was the battery going bad, so I bought a new one. Not the issue. Is my router not configured correctly? Can anyone tell me how to fix this (properly set up the router) or where I can go to get the advice to fix this?

This is very frustrating and I'd LOVE any assistance anyone can provide in resolving this!
    There is a possibility the router could be causing "harmful interference". To test it, stand on the level of your house where the router is and have someone shut it off while you watch your signal strenngth. Cycle it a few times and continue to watch it. If the signal becomes strong when the router is off but not with it on, that would cause me to think there could be an issue.

How long have you had the router, and did the phone have consistently good signal in the entire home before you set the router up?

As was mentioned, the phone constantly hunting for signal is what's killing your battery...
    10-16-10 02:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD