Help Please: How do i remove "Synchronize Using" from my contacts?
    I set up a new email account on my BB (9700 5.0.0.743) and just clicked next a couple times and then afterwards realized that it had defaulted to sync contacts as well.

Now when I go into my contacts and open any contact they all say "Synchronize Using: myemail@email.com". I really don't like that and want to remove it.

Here is the short version of all the things that I have tried:

-I exported all my contacts and then deleted all the contacts on my device.

-I unselected to Sync Contacts with that Email address on the BIS.

-I deleted the "SYNC" service book off of my phone.

-Battery pull.

-I then synced all of my contacts from my computer back onto my device.

And my contacts still all have that fricken "Synchronize Using: email@email.com" listed at the top of them! Even though they are NOT syncing with that email address, they are syncing with my computer like they always have.

Is there any way to remove that Sync Using text at the top of each contact?
    10-15-10 02:02 AM
    You already posted this once in the 9700 forum http://forums.crackberry.com/f146/he...ntacts-539446/ and you didn't need to post it again here.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-10 02:29 AM
    You already posted this once in the 9700 forum http://forums.crackberry.com/f146/he...ntacts-539446/ and you didn't need to post it again here.

Actually no I posted it here first and so didn't need to post in in the 9700 section.

And since it has nothing to do with the 9700 as I am experiencing the same issue on my 9800, it actually does belong here...
    10-15-10 03:58 AM
    You have to do a complete wipe, then access you bis account from your computer and remove then re add your email in question with the sync contacts ticked off then resend your service books. I'm about to do that myself tonight.

If you can't access you bis account from your pc make sure you delete the email account from the email set up on your phone before you do the wipe.

10-15-10 04:53 AM
    Almost forgot, do not restore your contacts from your last backup, restore them from a backup before you added the said email account.

10-15-10 05:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD