I just got my Curve 8520. I had the BBM there in the Instant messaging folder. I downloaded the App world. In the app world, there was an available upgrade for my BBM. So I clicked it. But it failed. But my BBM icon disappeared. It's not hidden, but it is missing. I looked at the applications the older version of the BBM is there, but I cannot delete it, so I cannot install a new BBM. I tried restoring it to factory settings therefore deleting all apps I've downloaded already even the App World but my BBM is still gone. PLEASE HELP MEEE :'( i have no idea what to do anymore nothing I find in other posts seem to be helping
    03-23-12 02:01 AM
    You can try installing it with the desktop software. Did you reboot it and nothing?
    03-23-12 05:02 AM
    There was probably no need to wipe your phone. Once you install BBM it will prompt you to reboot the phone so after you do the icon should be there. If that doesnt work try holding the BB button and there should be 5 apps open(Home, Messages, Phone, Browser, BBM) just to make sure it's installed or check through options.
    03-23-12 05:15 AM
    You took way to much of a drastic measure wiping your phone but go to app world and try to re-download BBM it will over write the old version no need to delete it. If not try downloading the latest version using your browser.

BlackBerry - Messenger - BBM an Instant Messaging App
    03-23-12 06:30 AM
    Should have just rebooted and redownloaded.
    03-23-12 12:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD