Hello,

I have just updated my Blackberry Bold 9700, but I have come across two problems:

1) This is the main problem, now when I lock my phone my owner information doesn't show up and I don't have to enter my password to unlock my phone! This is what I really need to fix?!

2) I lost all my BBM conversations, is there anyway to retrieve them?

Thanks for any help,
    Aldo!
    10-08-10 02:37 PM
    For the first issue, this is not a "problem" per se, but the new lock & standby functionality. All .500+ OS's for all devices have this.

Consult the link in my signature for an in-depth guide.

EDIT: Here is the link if anyone is mobile...

How to Lock/Password-Lock/Unlock with newer OSfor Bold 9700, Bold 9650, Tour 9630, Curve 8900
    Last edited by elite1; 10-08-10 at 02:55 PM.
    10-08-10 02:52 PM
    Thanks a lot pal, thats boss!
    10-08-10 03:01 PM
    Hello,

I have just updated my Blackberry Bold 9700, but I have come across two problems:

1) This is the main problem, now when I lock my phone my owner information doesn't show up and I don't have to enter my password to unlock my phone! This is what I really need to fix?!

Thanks for any help,
    Aldo!
    This is also being covered in the 9700 forum....http://forums.crackberry.com/f146/help-please-very-annoyed-537024/
    10-08-10 03:01 PM

Hi Aldo,
    BBM conversations are frequently lost during BBM or OS upgrades.

First, from anywhere in BBM click the MENU key and select Options.
    Scroll down to a setting for Save Chat History. The choices should be Never, Device Memory, Media Card.
    Select Memory Card and you'll always have access to previous BBM Conversations. (Same with Device Memory, but it's a waste of valuable device memory.)

If it already said Device Memory or Media Card, when you highlight any Contact or chat, click MENU and select View Chat History.

Also, you need to upgrade your BBM version possibly. In BBM, press MENU and select Options. Press MENU again and select About BlackBerry Messenger. The current version is 5.0.1.38.

If yours is lower, from your BB's Browser, go to this link:
    http://www.blackberry.com/messenger

One thing to check before you upgrade. In BBM Options, look for an option for Backup & Restore. In Backup, make sure you've enabled the option to Backup Remotely with your email address.
    10-08-10 03:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD