How do I unlock a verizon blackberry 8703e and a verizon blackberry 8800 world edition and I want to use them in at&t thanks
    06-08-08 08:49 PM
    How do I unlock a verizon blackberry 8703e and a verizon blackberry 8800 world edition and I want to use them in at&t thanks
    im not an expert but i dont beleive you can i mean you can call verizon and get the unlock codes in order to unlock the phones ... but you cannot use them on ATT because i beleive att is GSM and verizon phones are CDMA however i am no expert so please some one correct me if i am wrong
    06-08-08 09:00 PM
    U r correct REPro...a verizon phone is not compatible with att's network (CDMA vs GSM, or no sim card vs sim card)

Sorry miguel...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-08 09:04 PM
    im not an expert but i dont beleive you can i mean you can call verizon and get the unlock codes in order to unlock the phones ... but you cannot use them on ATT because i beleive att is GSM and verizon phones are CDMA however i am no expert so please some one correct me if i am wrong
    ^^^correct^^^
    06-08-08 09:06 PM
    Oh man well thanks anyways guys
    06-08-08 09:10 PM
    the BB Bold is coming very soon...why not just try and sell the other 2 phones and go with the latest..and soon to be greatest??
    06-08-08 09:13 PM
    Yup. No way to use a cdma phone on a gsm network. That being said, if you have the time abd patience, I too would wait for the bold. Or just snag the curve - its awesome.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-08 10:19 PM
    I guess not too many people use the 8800 WORLD EDITION, it has both SIM card and CDMA. So apparently no one here knows how to unlock it. But the World Edition CAN be used with a SIM card.

8830 Details
    Last edited by chrisj979; 06-10-08 at 10:59 AM.
    06-10-08 10:55 AM
    I guess not too many people use the 8800 WORLD EDITION, it has both SIM card and CDMA. So apparently no one here knows how to unlock it. But the World Edition CAN be used with a SIM card.

8830 Details
    Specifications

Dimensions: 4.49" (H) x 2.6" (W) x 0.55" (D)
    Weight: Approximately 4.6 oz. including Battery
    Standard Lithium Battery Cell (1400 mAh)
    Mode: Digital
    Usage: Up to 220/300 minutes of talk time (CDMA/GSM�GPRS) OR
    Standby: Up to 216/384 hours (CDMA/GSM�GPRS)

Well I'll be darned!
    06-10-08 11:39 AM
    Yes, but the GSM network does NOT work within the US. The sim-card slot is for networks around the world, so you roam with these networks and as soon as you come back into the US it switches you back to CDMA service. Sorry, no Verizon phone will work on AT&T service.
    06-10-08 11:52 AM
    Yes, but the GSM network does NOT work within the US. The sim-card slot is for networks around the world, so you roam with these networks and as soon as you come back into the US it switches you back to CDMA service. Sorry, no Verizon phone will work on AT&T service.
    How do you know this for sure? Have you tried? Why wouldn't it specify that on Verizon's website then?
    06-10-08 11:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD